Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

SHIKI of Samurai Shodown

by Navetsea Posted 13th Aug 2006 at 10:23 AM - Updated 14th Aug 2006 at 1:41 PM by Navetsea

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 39 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 10:09 PM
She is gorgeous, as are all your other sims. Keep up the great work.

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Aug 2006 at 10:25 PM
Beautiful work Navetsea!! As always, with lots of back story for the uninitiated! Thanks so much for so lovely and deadly a doll!!

I...will never be a memory.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 12:30 AM
Another great sim

MAN ON A MISSION
Test Subject
#5 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:18 AM
So gorgeous, I want more! ^-^
Forum Resident
#6 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:19 AM
Dude, you're awesome! She's gorgeous!

~ Syn

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Instructor
#7 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:22 AM
She's awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:24 AM
Thank you so much! She's fantastic and you're amazing.

"Painting is just another way of keeping a diary." - Pablo Picasso
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 6:59 AM
Wow, that's an awesome Sim! Thanks for sharing !
Instructor
#10 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 7:24 AM
She is beautiful..nice work. Thank you very much for sharing.
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 1:38 PM
Thank you for all the wonderful comments, I forgot to tell people, Shiki comes with variation of clothing in the package, her basic uniform there, loincloth for her undies, and some other clothes. ^__^; naturally people who have downloaded her would know this already.

The rest of my skins can be found in my blog
http://navetsea.blogspot.com
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 2:58 PM
Gorgeous, thank you
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 4:30 PM
Default Beautiful
She is a work of art just like all your sims, I would love to see more girls from my all time fav series Samurai Spirits, and also from SoulCalibur III and Tekken 5 if you could
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 5:29 PM
^^thanks, I'm happy to know there are people here playing 2D fighting games, as in my opinion 2D sprites are trully work of art,
I've been doing pixelart when making my own fighting game character for MUGEN, that was one of the hardest job indeed, since every pixel's tone and placement is super important. so I really appreciate those sprite artists of SNK, CAPCOM & SAMMY.

Lab Assistant
#15 Old 14th Aug 2006 at 10:07 PM
Hey Navetsea... I've been looking at sims creations for a long time now.

I suggest you keep making 2D characters, because you giving them 3D is simply breathtaking. You're doing something not many people can, and they ALWAYS look awesome. I love Mugen and all, I did a lot of coding of my own (I never made my own character like you did, but... :D) and I had my share of gaming.

So my advice is (even though you're good at anything you do), screw the celebrities and other sims, go revive 2D fighting game characters into Sims!!! :D

Cheers~
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 12:32 AM
^___^ thanks Kyou-kun, well reviving 2D fighting game is indeed my mission here,

I loathe SCEA for their statement that they won't allow any 2D games released on playstation 2 unless they are packed as a bunddle, Americans really look them as lesser form of games compared to the 3D games (no matter how bad the 3D is), beside their own fighting games MORTAL KOMBAT hardly use any hand drawn sprites, they use photos, and now poor stiff looking 3D graphic, I mean how lazy people at Acclaim were, all those ninjas (scorpion, calssic sub-zero, reptile, human smoke, rain, ermac, noob saibot) are just palette swap over a set of exactly same sprites (photos) well if that's what they called as a lesser form of game I'm 100% agree with them.

Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 1:39 AM
She is gorgeous!!!thanks

welcome to my site:
http://www.lovezhang.com
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 8:49 AM
Absolutely Awesome! You even got Shiki's two different eye color happening aswell! Keep it up!
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 5:53 PM
Fantastic! Another great SNK sim from a great creator! Thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#20 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 1:28 AM
That's a very beautiful sim!
And I agree with you, 2D fighting and RPG games were truly a wonderful art... Pity that are so few of the nowadays.
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 7:50 AM
@ JokBrasil
thanks,
I'm looking at your signature, ..err, is Blanka living there in your neighborhood? have you met him? really!? I would love to see some photograph of Blanka if available. sorry, as an SF fan I just couldn't stop my self from asking that ^^".

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 12:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Navetsea
^___^ thanks Kyou-kun, well reviving 2D fighting game is indeed my mission here,

I loathe SCEA for their statement that they won't allow any 2D games released on playstation 2 unless they are packed as a bunddle, Americans really look them as lesser form of games compared to the 3D games (no matter how bad the 3D is), beside their own fighting games MORTAL KOMBAT hardly use any hand drawn sprites, they use photos, and now poor stiff looking 3D graphic, I mean how lazy people at Acclaim were, all those ninjas (scorpion, calssic sub-zero, reptile, human smoke, rain, ermac, noob saibot) are just palette swap over a set of exactly same sprites (photos) well if that's what they called as a lesser form of game I'm 100% agree with them.

Agreed.
But you know, we always have the PC, emulators, NeoGeo and all awesome 2D fighting games for it :D
2D characters (sprites if you will) are truly remarkable and should be payed respect to!
Come to think of it, there are some really awesome Last Blade characters.... Hmmmm

Edit: I wanna touch your Shiki all over... Mmmmm... LOL! Sorry, momentary lapse :/
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 1:19 PM
Last Blade is awesome game the artwork was just superb, specially Last Blade 2. but is there any meshes for their Japanese traditional clothes, there is no problem for setsuna (though i haven't seen pony tailed hair mesh with bangs for men), but for moriya, we need hakama mesh, etc. and there was no sexy female char there to drool at ~_~;

Lab Assistant
#24 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 2:43 PM
Amazing! The clothing and textures are so detailed... Thank you for creating such great characters in sim form!!
Test Subject
#25 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 4:17 PM
I absolutely adore Asura (Slash, not Bust or Hanmen) & he's my favorite of all the Samurai Shodown/Spirits characters. I've been dying to see him come to an American version of Samurai Shodown/Spirits & I do hope we get him with Neo Geo Battle Coliseum. (Luckily I did manage to find complete rips of his sprites from that game.)

One issue that keeps coming up when people write up his history:
"however later in her life she fell in love with Asuras (probably Bust Asura/clone Asura)"

It was Hanmen or Bust Asura that fell in love with Shiki. The femme-looking Asura.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asura_...Hanmen_no_Asura

Great job on all the characters you've done! <3
Page 1 of 2