Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 2:00 PM
i still cannot find the lavender swatch!! i saved it exactly how you said but wen i close it down and bring it back up its not there! please help! thnks
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#27 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 5:03 PM
Angel, I'm not sure what to suggest. We can't lean over and look at your screen to see what's causing the confusion for you Maybe someone else will have a suggestion.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Instructor
#28 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 11:28 PM
^^;'' You gonna do some really advanced tutorials at some point? Sadly, I already now just about everything you're showing us how to do so far. xD Still, I love that you've been putting up tutorials for the newer creators. Very nice. ^^;''
I just learned how to make my own basic textures for cotton, though making it look like it was horribly knitted is easiest. xD
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Mar 2007 at 6:56 AM
I'm having trouble saving my lavender to the pattern section. I followed the instructions, but then when I hit save nothing happens. So, I exit and re-open gimp and look for the pattern, but it's not there. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, or how to fix it?
Test Subject
#30 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 4:27 PM
hi
do u know how i can make band t-shirts? it would be helpful.thank you
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:25 PM
ok,,so im having probs with saving the lavendar swatch as a .pat file.
like, i did everything you said 3 times and its not appearing as a pattern on the list
help?
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 9:38 PM
oh wait i got it nevermind!!!thanks for the tutorial!!its great!
Test Subject
#33 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 10:26 AM
Default Missing toolbar part
hi,

i cant get the bottom part of the toolbar i was hoping you could help me?
(The bit thats right under the 2 black and white boxes and the gradients, patterns and brushes) i have tried alot of things like preferences but maybe i wasn't looking right. just to let you know i did have it untill now.
thanx hope you can help!
Test Subject
#34 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 1:41 PM
rockerchick, i had the same problem the reason was that i didnt name it so before you save, at the top there is a space to name it.
hope that helps!
Test Subject
#35 Old 13th Apr 2007 at 6:30 AM
nice work..but igot one problem i found sum nice fabrics and i want to know why are they coming out with sum white line is it because the picture is small cant you pleace help thanks...............

Live.. Laugh.. Injoy Life....
Test Subject
#36 Old 16th May 2007 at 10:48 PM
Default Help!
Hi! I don't have GIMP nor will my comp LET ME download gimp. So, I use PAINT. Do you know how to fix this dress: http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sim...user_id=3590113 using PAINT? If you do, can you sign my guest book on thesims2.ea.com and tell me how??? THX so much!
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#37 Old 17th May 2007 at 3:59 AM
Sherry, you can't change the SHAPE of the mesh by changing the alpha. And no, I'm not going to post on another site to help you. In the future- go to the main area (not a tutorial you're not using) and post a new topic and ask for help that way.

You must start by recoloring a short dress that has the shape you want in bodyshop. You can cut away the neckline (if it has a smooth neckline transition - like the little base game sundress does) - but in general you can only use alphas to change things that are skintight.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st May 2007 at 11:01 PM
Thank you for the tutorials it has been extremely helpful to me and very easy to understand
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 4th Jun 2007 at 8:44 AM
I've tried downloading several different fabric swatches (including the one provided above). I followed all your directions to a "T" (and even did them again to double check myself). When I go to look for my fabrics to use them in the fabric fill they aren't there. I've tried restarting GIMP. I tried refreshing the fabric list. When I refresh the list I get a failure notice saying that the fabric "has no width". What do I do?
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 11:39 PM
Greetings,
I love these tutorials I have been looking for tutorials like this for along while. Anywho, I have a tinsy problem I was following along with this tutorial and and when i went to go reopen the swatch I was presented with this message:Failed to load 'C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns\lavenderswatch': Image has zero width. Am I missing something?
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidesGrace
Greetings,
I love these tutorials I have been looking for tutorials like this for along while. Anywho, I have a tinsy problem I was following along with this tutorial and and when i went to go reopen the swatch I was presented with this message:Failed to load 'C:\Program Files\Gimp-2.0\share\gimp\2.0\patterns\lavenderswatch': Image has zero width. Am I missing something?

I don't think so. I've seen this error before, and when I went into my patterns folder I found the file had been saved as no type. It was not a pat, not a bmp, not anything, though the program won't actually let you save a picture like this. From the message above, it seems that this is also what happened for you with this file as the message shows the file as having no extension.

I've found few references to this problem when searching and I just deleted the file and then tried again. I have never had the problem repeat.
I suspect that since most of the hard core users tend to use the Linux version that it might be a windows problem, but this is merely speculation.

I would suggest deleting the file, and trying again, following the directions Vashti gives. If you keep having the problem you could try asking at one of the following places. Even if you never have the problem again, they're invaluable resources for anyone using Gimp

The official Gimp Site
Gimp Users Group
Gimp Talk

Good Luck!

kalynn

ETA: auren, I just noticed you seem to be having a bigger version of the same problem. I've had it once but not multiple times with different files. I'd definitely suggest posting a question in one of the forums above where real Gimp experts hang out.

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#42 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 6:15 PM
Thank you again, I love learning new things and this is deffinatly helpful to me! I want so badly to change so many outfits and I just love these tutorials!
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 1:15 PM
Wonderful tutorial but I have a question. After recolouring an outfit I can see the shape of it but after laying new texture not. So how can I add other things (for example shadding or hightlights) if I don't see anything except two squares with my new patterns from GIMP? Big thanks for all topics about skinning and any kind of help
Field Researcher
#44 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amitri
Wonderful tutorial but I have a question. After recolouring an outfit I can see the shape of it but after laying new texture not. So how can I add other things (for example shadding or hightlights) if I don't see anything except two squares with my new patterns from GIMP? Big thanks for all topics about skinning and any kind of help

For an in depth look at this try: http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=39235 . It's not a Gimp specific tutorial, but the idea is the same. For suggestions on doing this with Gimp try:http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/viewt...ssaussiehideout a mini tutorial by Simguy which was mentioned in another thread and seems like it might help get you started.

I started writing a Gimp shading tutorial but just never got around to finishing it. In general, the methods are exactly the same as with Photoshop or anything else, the trick is just being able to translate into Gimp

"I'm afraid I'm not personally qualified to confuse cats, but I can recommend an extremely good service".
-Monty Python's Flying Circus
Test Subject
#45 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 9:08 PM
My C drive isn't working so I just used a pattern they had for you and it turned out pretty good!

I like bananas because they have no bone
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 26th Sep 2007 at 7:32 PM
Thanks so much, this is great! x
Test Subject
#47 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 5:24 PM
I have a slight problem - I saved the texture (part 11-21) but it didn't show up when I restarted GIMP. Help!!???!!!??
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 2nd Oct 2007 at 6:29 PM
yay! i did it
Test Subject
#49 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 11:14 AM
Layers-2 or 3?
I saw in the guide that you had 3 layers,one with the bottom part black and the top part checkered black and white.The problem is,(I know about the other steps)when I opened my 'Layers' menu,there were only 2 layers!!Can you tell me how you got the third layer,namely 'New Layer#1'?Also,when I refreshed my outfit at the Body Shop,the effect was the same,but the boots had turned lighter!!Please help.Thanks.
Test Subject
#50 Old 27th Oct 2007 at 4:04 AM
Default Thanks so much!
Ooh I can't wait till my order for TS2 Comes in! I've been reading on a bunch of Sims 2 Stuff that interests me and.... even though I'm good at games I usually stink when it comes to "Technical" stuff like this However with a tutorials like this I may not have to worry anyway (even though I haven't tried it yet)
Thanks Much and I'll tell you how it goes

Oh and by the way......
Page 2 of 5