Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 3:59 PM
Default Age group clothing altering
Hey,
is it possible to change the clothes with different age groups. For example create an adult tshirt and have that tshirt available to say a teen or child or both?
Also I"m wondering can you alter a tshirts length so it comes up further above the belly button? If so what does this entail, is it like modifying a mesh?
Because I tried that tutorial "Unimesh, milkshape level 2" and I get to the point where you have to paste the UV map onto the alpha. But for some it doesn't turn out right. If anyone could offer assistance that would be wicked.
Thanks
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 4:26 PM
for altering clothes between these ages-no mesh editing is required
youngadult both male and female
adult both male and female
and elder both male and female
u can alter clothes of these ages with simple SimPE editing for any gender or age given above

like if u want to convert a a dress for adult male to elders
then simply
export the dress from bodyshop and import to game
quit bodyshop and open saved sims file of the dress
open in SimPE go to property set
go to age in plugin view
then edit

for elder change age to
0x00000010
for adults
0x00000008
for young adults
0x00000040

and to change gender
in property set go to gender
and change
for female its
0x00000001
for male its
0x00000002

after each change hit commit and save

i hope this helped-i am not good at explaining

to alter for any age like
teen
child
toddler
u need to remesh it-scale down-etc
u can find example- bodies here
http://modthesims2.com/article.php?t=135300
u can use tem as base to resize clothes
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Aug 2006 at 8:13 PM
Dr_S,

Adults, children, teens all have unique skeletons and cannot share clothing in any simple way. To alter them well requires say, a moderate level of skill with Unimesh (at least that's they stuff we have here that is most thoroughly documented, there's also SMD but we don't have beginner tutorials for it yet). The 3 unimesh tutorials (and practice!) will teach you what you need to know.

Separate tops and bottoms have an additional uvmap constraint on them (along with the not altering the waistline ring of vertices). The top and bottom's graphics are combined by the game into 1 graphic (just as the meshes are combined) such that the tops and bottoms cannot extend past that point on the uvmap. There are some modders working on a solution to that limitation, but the first attempt actually produced our first meshes ever that can cause some crashing, so other work-arounds are being sought. But that is a very advanced issue, the short answer is that you need to keep the uvmap at the lower edge maxis already uses, and you might be able to lengthen a shirt a bit and then distribute the stretch a bit, but that's it.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Nov 2008 at 4:22 PM
Thank you,That's what I've search today!

My creations for Sims 4: 2 Sims 4

My creations for Sims 3: 2 Sims 3