Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Men's Cargo Shorts (mesh)

by tiggerypum Posted 12th Sep 2006 at 12:39 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 7:42 AM by CatOfEvilGenius

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 28 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
#2 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 12:45 PM
Wow, tiggy! These are so awsomely awsome! I have always been looking for bottoms like these And, man, do you know how to texture! These textures are so awsome, like Maxis ones; very realistic Thankyou, 5 stars.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 1:00 PM
Thank you so much, couldn't stand that stupid top yet wanted the shorts. Any chance of them for teens?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 1:54 PM
Ooooooooh. Shiny! I can never get enough good, simple clothing for men. Thanks, Tiggydahling. :D

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 2:13 PM
thank you so much, tigbum! i absolutely love it!!! *muwah*

DDO
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 3:05 PM
well done! something summery and simple for my SimMen!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:22 PM
I Love this kind of shorts
Thanks a lot!!
Can I used them for some simguys.net recolors?
5 stars of course n_n

eeemhh....
Follow me on tumblr:
http://thesimguys.tumblr.com/
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:24 PM
Thank you Tig, I love good clothes for my guys! *does happy dance*

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Inventor
#9 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:29 PM
THAnK YOU! Anything for males is more then appriciated! And these are just wounderful!!!!!! *swoons*
!@_o!

At my final resting place
!@_o!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 5:51 PM
They look fantastic - thanks!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 6:50 PM
You read my mind!!!! I've been wanting this for decades!!! Thank you very, very, very much!!!

Can I give you an idea? How about lowering the waist? Because it looks great with the shirts, but the singlets... Not so much! Would be great if the waist were lower, this way our sims would look very stylish in some tight shirts, but not looking weird... I would love to use this cargo shorts with some shirts like the untucked ones fanseelamb have made... Please, think about it with all your heart...

Anyway, thank you again!!!!!!!!!!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#12 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM Last edited by fanseelamb : 12th Sep 2006 at 11:10 PM.
Ooh Tig, they turned out GREAT! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 10:43 PM
Pretty much amazing Great job (not that I'd expect any less from you).
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#14 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 12:50 AM
YES!! Full-length shorts!!!! I'm not overly fond of the 6-inches-above-the-knee look that Maxis shorts tend to have... these are so much better! Thanks so much for sharing them. :D

There's always money in the banana stand.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 2:19 AM
I checked with fanseelamb, and these shorts are not good candidates for her longer shirt method unfortunately. So best look is simply the longer maxis shirts - some could be recolored to look more like loose t-shirts instead of the semi-sweater look Maxis gave them. I simply did some screenshots with the skintight tank top to show that indeed the seam on the pants is right, and the details are there and so on.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Forum Resident
#16 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 2:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tiggerypum
I checked with fanseelamb, and these shorts are not good candidates for her longer shirt method unfortunately. So best look is simply the longer maxis shirts - some could be recolored to look more like loose t-shirts instead of the semi-sweater look Maxis gave them. I simply did some screenshots with the skintight tank top to show that indeed the seam on the pants is right, and the details are there and so on.

If it helps anyone, I'm fixing up some meshes that hang over the pants (with no crashes :D).
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 3:33 AM
That would be great!
And tiggerypum, thanks for checking this out with fanseelamb! My thing with Maxis is that the shirts are too loose... And the tight ones end up at the belly... =\
Instructor
#18 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 3:34 AM
*kisses feet* I've totally wanted these since the game came out. Thank you!!!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#19 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 4:43 AM
Yeah, I tried to "untuck" them but this mesh doesn't work too well for that. They're adorable though. Besides, guys who wear such baggy shorts don't usually pair them with skintight tops. Surely you can find something cute to go with them. See? Cute! Not that I'm biased or anything.

(visit my profile page if you want any of the pictured tops)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:25 AM
I have been searching for some cargo shorts for men forever, thanks so much!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#21 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fanseelamb
Yeah, I tried to "untuck" them but this mesh doesn't work too well for that. They're adorable though. Besides, guys who wear such baggy shorts don't usually pair them with skintight tops. Surely you can find something cute to go with them. See? Cute! Not that I'm biased or anything.

(visit my profile page if you want any of the pictured tops)

I think they look great with those tops, too!!!

DDO
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:33 PM
Thank you so much for these badly needed shorts! Great job
Scholar
#23 Old 17th Sep 2006 at 12:59 AM
Excellent mesh tiggerypum, great as always.
Thanks for sharing
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 3:14 PM
I love it! Thank you
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:09 AM
AWESOMENESS!!! it feels sooooooooo much more australian now...well 2 me atleast! thanx HEAPS and HEAPS!

You may live for the court, but I would die for the game
Page 1 of 2