Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#51 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:04 AM
Could you just try for me- DISABLE the custom content, and ENABLE the custom content warning dialog. Now restart the game; you should get a screen on startup showing you the custom conten you have, and warning you that there may be files which alter your game. Can you see that screen? Can you get a screenshot of it? You should be able to click on the 'enable custom content box at the bottom of that screen, then the game will continue loading. However, once you get into the game- don't expect your content to work yet. Go back into the game options and ENABLE custom content, then DISABLE the custom content dialog. Restart the game, hopefully content should be active now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 10:32 AM
My problem is a little different. Since i have installed Pets even new downloads cause my game to crash, since it takes almost 2 hours for my game to load(millions of CC files). I find it very frustrating, to have to continually remove downloaded files, does anyone know if Maxis will release it's patch soon?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#53 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 6:33 PM
If installing Pets has overtaxed your computer and you have too many custom content files for it too handle, then the easiest solution is to remove some of the files until you reach an amount your computer can handle.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#54 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by newgamer6
My problem is a little different. Since i have installed Pets even new downloads cause my game to crash, since it takes almost 2 hours for my game to load(millions of CC files). I find it very frustrating, to have to continually remove downloaded files, does anyone know if Maxis will release it's patch soon?

You could also defragment your hard disc and delete the caches to try to improve loading time:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=826563
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1110082
Test Subject
#55 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 11:21 AM
Wow, thank you so much for this! I tried almost everything and not all of my CC was showing up. But this worked beautifully. Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#56 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 12:19 PM Last edited by Mother Sim : 19th Jan 2007 at 9:20 PM. Reason: solved
Uhm - Im having the same problem as Tessah.

But its gone a bit further than that...

She said her sims with cc hair was showing with the cc hair though she couldnt choose it in CAS. Same here. And when i made a random sim in CAS the cc hair did turn up on various occasions. different downloads and different artists. I did too all the things Simsample suggested - and did it several times too.
It was like my "enable custom content button" wasnt working. So i tried it the other way. I disabled all custom content and restarted my game with my cc in downloads folder. I checked that cc was disabled and went to CAS and pressed Random.
And got a nice lookin lady with xmssims hair...pressed again and got one with Nouks dreads... So i entered a lot - saved the game - closed it making sure i had disabled all cc. the restart and it was still there.

This means that my game recognizes all the custom files in my downloads (and saved sims) folder - but the game refuses to put it in "catalogue" for me to choose.
All my Game Objects show fine both in collections and single catalogue.

when i enable the dialogue telling me it found custom content, i dont get bodyshop files on the list of items. Seems like it treats the downloads as if they were maxis' own files - could it be a thumbnail problem? The list only features game objects not hair,skin,makeup and so on.

SOLVED this way: http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718 by forcing game to recreate entire The Sims 2 folder in Documents and settings/EA Games and then copy content of old downloads folder into the new (had to make the new with bodyshop method though) and copy content of every other folder of importance to my game into the new folders.

X-ept from the thumbnails and the Collection folders! I lost all my collections - but I still have the items and my guess is that with the changes made to the collections handling, Maxis outdated some of the cc collections

Im so happy i get to keep my Pets EP!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#57 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 6:22 PM
Athanay, glad you got it working. Well done!
Mother Sim, nice work- thanks for letting us know. It seems that something in the config files is screwing things up- deleting the Sims2 folder refreshes those so this makes sense.
Test Subject
#58 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 9:08 PM Last edited by Mother Sim : 19th Jan 2007 at 9:22 PM.
I managed to narrow the problem to the collection file (!) I had been using DJS sims Collection Creator to organize my downloads in collections. All my collection object Mesh and recolor is still in game and functional - but the collection files somehow corrupted the CC enable/disable function.

As soon as i removed all custom content from the collections folder all the Bodyshop items "showed up". And just as quickly disappeared when i added the files to the game folder once more.

I am going to test it to see if its all the collections made or just 1 bad one.- but right now I hope ill never see another collection file folder again, AND i lost all my downloads due to a bad backup file in the process...soooo it mite take a while.

*goes back to download-replacing like crazy*
retired moderator
#59 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:43 AM
Mother Sim, since you have Pets you can create Collections from in-game negating the need to use the Collection Creator.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#60 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 12:19 PM
Default help pls :(
im having a problem with my downloads too.
all of the objects and building tools are showing up but all the custom clothes, people, skintones etc arent.
ive enabled content, tried the body shop thing but they still arent showing up.
you see, a while ago i stopped playing the sims so i took of my downloads folder, burning it on to a CD. recently, i installed sims pets and put the downloads back on from the CD and now theyre stuffing up.
any help that can be offered will be very appreciated
thanks.
xx
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#61 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 2:12 PM
somekindofbeautiful, cut and paste your Sims2 folder from My Documents/ EA Games to the desktop. Run the game so that it created a clean Sims 2 folder:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=139718
Exit, and then copy the files in your old Downloads and Saved Sims folders to the newly created Saved Sims and Downloads folders. If there is no Downloads folder, install a Sims2Pack to create one for you. If there is no SavedSims folder, run Bodyshop to create one for you. Now run the game. You should see a lot of question marks on the custom content warning dialog. Do you see those? In game, turn the custom content dialog to OFF and display custom content ON:
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=192907
Now exit the game and reload it. Does everything show up now?
Test Subject
#62 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 1:18 AM
thanks so much
i followed your instructions and the custom content is all working now.
thanks again!
xx
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#63 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 12:36 PM
Glad it worked, well done!
Test Subject
#64 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 4:03 AM
Ok, it turns out I was using the Sims2Pack Installer, not a pack.

Since the not sounding like a complete moron ship has sailed already, what is a Sims2Pack, and where precisely can I find one?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#65 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 4:16 AM
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?p=1531640 Great tutorial. Maybe you should read it from the start. I did, and it helped me when I first starte downloading!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#66 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 9:56 PM
Right, but I still don't know where to get a Sims2Pack, short of checking in every download on the site.
retired moderator
#67 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:22 AM
You can get a Sims2Pack by downloading either a lot or a sim (usually walls and floors too but some creators just upload the .package version instead).

Instructor
#68 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 3:33 AM
BANG Simsample hits the nail on the head once again Thanks bigtime HP! I own it but I'm waiting a while so I can upload some things that won't have the Pets EP requirement and it's good to research all the problems that will be involved. But nothing would be possible without you moderators so cheers guys!
Test Subject
#69 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 1:02 AM
Hi,
I installed the pets 2..After I installed I went into my neighborhood and inside the homes I had in my neighborhood before I installed the pets 2 and several objects and furniture are now flashing blue..How do I resolve this problem..I am baffled..looking forward to hearing from you soon..
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#70 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 3:15 PM
Have you enabled custom content and restarted the game as described one page one of this tutorial ?
http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=192907

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#71 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 1:50 PM
Default Thanks so much
thanks to the Body Shop tipp I finally got all my downloads back in the game

I'd tried all sorts, nothing seemed to work really good, some of my downloads showed up, others didn't. I was getting quite p.... off.
Now, when I have a problem, I know where to look and save myself some grey hairs

na dann.....
Test Subject
#72 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 4:37 AM
I need help with this game..I installed pets 2..I have no neighborhood, because I followed someones advice about, the bodyshop trick..I followed step by step and now I have no custom content at all and also I have no neighborhoods..I dont know what happened..I have my downloads folder sitting on my desktop..what can I do to get my neighborhoods back..My sims 2 pets, when I click on the icon, the game does not start..get someone help me get back to where I had my neighborhoods and the game..thank you,
Test Subject
#73 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 12:30 AM Last edited by winterrois : 11th Feb 2007 at 12:44 AM.
I can't remember if this started with the Pets install or with the new patch.
I have all sorts of custom sim creation things and a few recolours that show up, but no custom objects. Anyway, my boyfriend has a serious hate on for the start menu and deletes everythign from it. Does anyone know what the .exe for body shop is called so I can try this trick?
Test Subject
#74 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 4:11 AM
thanks!..i have a question, my wall on the game is red...how do I change it to normal? it's killing me because I wanna see my wall

Brittney :D
Test Subject
#75 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 4:14 AM
oh and please send me the message to my mail..i'm sure i will not find this page again haha!

Brittney :D
Locked thread
Page 3 of 5