Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Macaw Pack 1; Blue and Gold, Greenwing, Hyacinth and Military

by Sae sae Posted 2nd Jan 2007 at 10:21 PM - Updated 19th Nov 2008 at 9:59 PM by Canoodle

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 33 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 5:53 PM
They look amazing!!! Thank you for sharing.
Instructor
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 5:55 PM
Thank you! Very nice work! Please make more!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 7:21 PM
Fantastic color and featherwork on these, Sae Sae!
I'm definitely tucking these away and will buy them all as soon as I find a hack that prevents them from dying
Field Researcher
#5 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 9:10 PM
SimSpore... check out squinges hacks at www.insimenator.com
he made one that is a bottomless food dish for the birds and the dogs and cats.

Thanks for the recolors, Sae Sae! They really are amazing!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:06 PM
AMAZING!! Thank you!
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#7 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 10:30 PM
I was just thinking of making a Hyacinth.. thanks for saving me the trouble

"I guess I should warn you: If I turn out to be particularly clear, you've probably misunderstood what I said" - Alan Greenspan
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jan 2007 at 11:23 PM
excuse me for my ignorance, but how do you recolour pets?
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 1:30 AM
burnout9118: birds and those little rat things (sorry) are objects. You can recolor them with simPE.

I think.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
SimSpore... check out squinges hacks at www.insimenator.com
he made one that is a bottomless food dish for the birds and the dogs and cats.

Yep, I have them both Enchantedwolf, plus the 'Permanently Supplied and Clean Pet Cages' by Christianlov and my birds still die... but the dogs never do.
Oh well, maybe someone can fix the lifespan or something for them one day. Thanks for the offer of help though, Enchantedwolf
Alchemist
#11 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:49 AM
I love the blue bird.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 9:55 AM
I've been waiting for Macaw for so long and here it is...thank you so much
Field Researcher
#13 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 12:32 PM
They look so beautiful and realistics, thank you.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 1:42 AM
Thank you so much for these realistic birds <3
Test Subject
#15 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Reiki
burnout9118: birds and those little rat things (sorry) are objects. You can recolor them with simPE.

I think.

k thanx Rieki, personally i think that sux, you should b able 2 recolour pets on bodyshop. i suk at SimPE lmao
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:32 PM
Brillian work! I was gonna do the Hyacinth but didn't know how. But yours is better then what I could do anywho
Test Subject
#17 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:49 PM
Wonderful job! :D
Hyacinths (especially) are so beautiful.
Thank you for making these realistic birds.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:39 PM
OMFG THANK YOU! I've been waiting for a recolor that would look like my bird- the blue and gold macaw! Thank you soooo much!

~* Midsummer's Night Dream *~
One will turn, one will fight, the other will die
A new Action/Adventure,Mystery,SciFi/Fantasy story on my Simpage.
Username-- KaikouChick013
Look me up! ^^
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 3:47 PM
this is amazing, i really love the hyacinth the most, its my dream bird. thank you for the excellent work!
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Jan 2007 at 10:33 PM
Ooh, thank you so much! I've been waiting for realistically coloured parrots!

Any future plans of making giant regular green and lutino lovebirds? Haha. Fantastic work!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Feb 2007 at 6:23 AM Last edited by Sae sae : 2nd Feb 2007 at 6:26 AM. Reason: additional tidbits
Quote: Originally posted by PinkDagger
Any future plans of making giant regular green and lutino lovebirds? Haha. Fantastic work!

I have some vague plans to do alot of different birds... whether or not they'll get done is an entierly different matter I am working on some Cockatoos right now, I might do some smaller parrots after that. Right now I'm starting with ones that are more easily made from the maxis textures, since making my own textures from scratch is out of my experience range...

I am glad everyone likes them so much so far! I love doing the more rare ones like the Hyacinth; most people only see renditions of the most common ones and I hope to at least put them out there in some manner or other
Test Subject
#22 Old 19th Mar 2007 at 3:55 PM
I LOVE it!!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 9th Aug 2007 at 10:29 PM Last edited by LegolasFFM : 9th Aug 2007 at 10:32 PM. Reason: added question
Great Job!...I love em....I have 2 blue and gold macaws and was kinda disapointed when I saw the maxis made parrots......

keep doin such nice work. I love it....:-)

mario :-)

ps would there be a chance to enlarge their beaks ? and make them looooonger tail feathers ? my macaws have larger beaks and much longer tail feathers....but the "original" stuff is also ok...it was just an idea :-)...it would make them look more like the real macaws
Field Researcher
#24 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:53 PM
just to let you know, one of your birds made it to my Sims videos. You can check it out at Youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_z1V7khCkw
Test Subject
#25 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 9:15 PM
Hello I am new to downloading stuff and just had a little question...

Do these show up as more choices to choose from as the birds or do they overwrite the ones you can choose from already?

Thanks. They are very lovely!
Page 1 of 2