Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Mesh Damiens pickled shark

by lagermonkey Posted 10th Feb 2007 at 4:19 PM - Updated 20th Feb 2007 at 5:49 PM by lagermonkey : I can't spell pickled

46 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 42 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:25 PM
very...um...interesting, lol.

If God intended for there to be Pay-sites for the Sims 2, He would have given us all Paypal accounts.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:39 PM
Nice...is it animated?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:44 PM
sadly not it is pickled though. and very dead. Nobody asked Damien Hirst if it moved. for $7.5 million I would want it to dance. Nice idea though I wouldn't know where to start getting it animated. maybe somebody might though.
Test Subject
#5 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:44 PM
I don't think I pickeld shark needs to move Jason

Allthough I would not really want it I have to congratulate you for making it, good work!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 4:57 PM
Hmmm... wonder if it taste like a Pickle. In either case, it's a definite must have. Thanks for the VERY unique item.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Test Subject
#7 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:34 PM
I've seen photographs of this at a museum before and as soon as I saw the screen shot thats what I thought of (even before I read your title). lol Good job, it looks awsome!
Test Subject
#8 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 5:55 PM
Hmmmmm. I'm rather unmoved by Hirst, though The Physical Etc I certainly enjoy more than many of his works. And it's a great Sim-object - the potential for a re-reconextualised shark! What's next?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 6:14 PM
Cool Object...Great Idea...

Yes I agree as well, quite shallow and pedantic....
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 6:18 PM
Quote:
the potential for a re-reconextualised shark! What's next?

I was thinking Tracy Emins bed. I quite like the idea of a bed in the sims that is completely useless.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 6:48 PM
Quote:
I wonder whether any one but me would want a pickled shark. I fear it may be a little niche.

I can think of builders for TS2 who would such as people who:

*Build aquariums and museums
*Want to try to recreate MI-5 (The Mythbusters Special Effects Shop)
*Have an interest in sharks
*Love to watch JAWS or other shark movies.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:17 PM
very cool! i love it!
Test Subject
#13 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:24 PM
This is really cool! It makes me want to make a sort museum-type thing in my Legacy house. . . with pickled objects. Any chance you'll be pickling anything else? It'd be way cool.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lennonislove
This is really cool! It makes me want to make a sort museum-type thing in my Legacy house. . . with pickled objects. Any chance you'll be pickling anything else? It'd be way cool.

I hadn't thought about it really. I am somewhat overwhelmed by the response. I guess you just can't underestimate the demand for pickled shark.

I am however a big fan of museums with slightly moth eaten stuffed animals in glass display cases. Perhaps a polar bear diorama might be good. or one of those cases with all the birds in. Who knows certainly not me.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#15 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 8:24 PM
Wow, when I was about 5 or so we actually went to see a "pickled" shark... in San Diego, California I think. I believe it was a great white. I remember standing outside the container and looking in at it quite clearly. At the time it was the largest shark ever caught and they had a list posted of the contents of its stomach which included (among many other things) one whole seal and a license plate. No joke. And Jaws hadn't been made into a movie yet.

So, thanks for the effort and the memories!
Test Subject
#16 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lagermonkey
Perhaps a polar bear diorama might be good. or one of those cases with all the birds in. Who knows certainly not me.

If you made any sort of museum-esque animal diorama, I'd certainly have to download it. That would be just too cool to pass up.

Wonderful job on this. The item itself is funny, and your descriptions of it were laugh-out-loud amazing. Keep up the excellent work.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:06 PM
Oh...my. The first thing i thought when i saw this was 'how cruel they put a shark in such a small box' then i realized it was supposed to be dead.

Very cool, very weird.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:13 PM
I'm amazed! Damien Hirst is one of my favorite artists. I didn't know anyone else knew about him or even cared. This is great. Thanks.

BTW, the movie "The Cell" is based on works from many contemporary artists including Damien Hirst. His piece was the one about the fragmented horse. I fyou could make that one it would be interesting to see.

Herald Between Two Lands
Test Subject
#19 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 10:33 PM
don't worry about it being "niche"...you see there are a few of us who recognise these things wandering around in here...

and i agree with Yargo179-this made me think about The Cell's segmented horse also. we could put it in a house with one of the Jennifer Lopii available here.
Test Subject
#20 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 10:37 PM
This shall be the center-piece for my new susi resturant. of course I will have to move it to the other end, or it might get hit by the bowling balls...
Test Subject
#21 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 11:25 PM
Downloaded this right away, it's definitely not too niche for me. <3

Moved my site (again) to -->http://free.000angels.com/schnappi/index.html
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 11:28 PM Last edited by jadin : 10th Feb 2007 at 11:53 PM. Reason: fix link
I've not seen the shark in person, but every Hirst piece I've seen has been bizarre and delightful in some grotestque way - my favorite thus far has been Armageddon, a canvas coated with a couple inches of something that looked like black scrubber pads and had a distinctive, oddly pleasant smell, which, on reading the accompanying plaque, turned out to be a solid slab of dead houseflies.

I've been looking for "real" art for my game, so I thank you very much for this. All I'm capable of at this time are painting recolors, but I've been wanting to have things like Rauschenberg combines, Hans Bellmer dolls, Keinholtz installations, etc. - all of which would require new meshes, and I've been reluctant to add yet another layer of time-eating activity to my Sims habit. However, your items look so cool that I might just have to try making some meshes myself

And as for the moth-eaten animals, I've also been wishing I could have something like the Deyrolle taxidermy shop in my game. I can see myself trying this first, since all those pre-Pets statue-type animal meshes that I've got cluttering up my hard drive are much more believable as taxidermy than as zoo inhabitants.

So, thanks for both the objects and the inspiration, even if it takes me months to do anything with it
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 12:54 AM
Gotta love the pickled shark!
My band is considering making a music video in the sims(don't ask why), I'll ask them if it would require a pickled shark.. I doubt it, but the option is there

How many abstract artists does it take to change a lightbulb?
Bicycle.
Test Subject
#24 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:10 AM
Really nice!!! really nice!!!

Forza Italia!!
.::. Campioni del mondo 2006 .::.
Test Subject
#25 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lagermonkey
I was thinking Tracy Emins bed. I quite like the idea of a bed in the sims that is completely useless.

bwahahaha ... or used as the case may be

this is great work, i'm making a art museum at the moment, so this will come in handy lots! thank you!

edit: sorry this is Sha, Dan was commenting on recontextualised sharks ... he's like old school, but i'm all for modern pickled sharks.
Page 1 of 2