Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Smart Toddler Picture (walking, talking, using the potty in the blink of an eye)

by Dave Luv Posted 8th May 2007 at 10:46 PM - Updated 6th Sep 2008 at 6:00 PM by Dave Luv : This item works in all versions of the game - including Apartment Life :)

86 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 71 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2007 at 10:54 PM
wow! i cant wait to try it, thank you.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:06 PM
wow! can't believe it took this long for someone to make this!! THNAK YOU SO MUCH!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:08 PM
I usually like teaching my toddlers stuff, but it's nice to have the option not to!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:19 PM
thanks

Give thanks for unknown blessings already on their way.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th May 2007 at 11:20 PM
OMG, Ive been waiting for this!
The Anti-Social Extrovert
#7 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:20 AM
YAY! I normally fast forward through the teachings, but now I don't have to!!! :D

...· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:-
-:¦:- (( °º ° ..° "(¨`v´¨)::" °..··..*.. ·· ..° *..·|<aTa?+|cA| |<@
°-:¦:- `v´* *-:¦:- °·..* * °..·· ..*.. ·· ..° * -:¦:- * °.. ·· ..*.. ·· .:.° * -:¦:-
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM
It sounds pretty interesting.. But how exactly does it work? How do I get a picture of my toddler into the frame? Or will it be the toddler shown on your pictures?
Alchemist
#9 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:21 AM
I can't believe my eyes. That you can make toddlers to walk, talk, use their pottys at a blink of an eye. Amazing.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyNova
It sounds pretty interesting.. But how exactly does it work? How do I get a picture of my toddler into the frame? Or will it be the toddler shown on your pictures?

I had the same question, actually. Is the photo always the toddler pictured here?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AmyNova

Quote: Originally posted by purplemer3
I had the same question, actually. Is the photo always the toddler pictured here?

Your toddler won't be in the frame .
Just place the picture of our little Eliska on your lot (Misc / Children category in the catalog), select your toddler and let him / her to use one of the 3 interactions (Teach Me to Walk / Teach Me to Talk / Potty Train Me).

Your toddler will gain the skill immediately and a message with the face and name of your toddler appears - saying that he/she has learned the new skill
Test Subject
#12 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:23 AM
Thanks, been waiting forever for something like this.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:52 AM
This is really great, it will be nice to have the option to speed teaching up

Thanks bunches!
~Roxanne

SIMcredible's Painter
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:01 AM
Does this leave the memory of learning to walk/talk/use the potty?
Test Subject
#15 Old 9th May 2007 at 2:26 AM
Yes, I wont have to waste aspiration points on smart smilk!! Nice download!
Scholar
#16 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:12 AM
Thanks! I'll download but still use smart milk and thinking cap for my sim-excess aspiration points is a problem with me.
Field Researcher
#17 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:50 AM
Yay! This will be so helpful on my lazier days!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:10 AM
Default Pictures for the parents
Quote: Originally posted by Masochistic Perfection

Does it also leave the memory of the child learning the new skill in the parents memories or just the child?

~Santa reading~ Yep! You were nice! Oh wait… that’s not you.
Test Subject
#19 Old 9th May 2007 at 5:15 AM
Very awesome! Quite brill. thank you so much for this.

I have a sunny disposition and I'm always kind to animals.
Instructor
#20 Old 9th May 2007 at 6:52 AM
This is great. i've always wanted this! Thanks. ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th May 2007 at 8:53 AM Last edited by Dave Luv : 9th May 2007 at 9:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Masochistic Perfection

Quote: Originally posted by Yume Lupine
Does it also leave the memory of the child learning the new skill in the parents memories or just the child?

This item doesn't add memories to your toddler or somebody else. The reason is that the memory of learning to walk/talk/use the potty requires a parent's Id. But the picture taught the toddler, not his/her parents, so I don't add this to toddler's memories

Also no aspiration / influence points are added, because it is so easy to gain the skills by using this item. The "Wants" display is refreshed after gaining the skill, so your toddler can earn the points by interacting with his/her family members.

BTW I created this item on the request of my friend Elis.jane from eSims.eu - she uses it when taking snapshots of toddlers dressed in her clothing. She needs them walking for the shots
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 9th May 2007 at 12:48 PM
where did you find the little girl's haitr in the pic?? its adorable!! this is a neat idea,i am downloading it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th May 2007 at 1:02 PM Last edited by Dave Luv : 9th May 2007 at 3:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kosp41302
where did you find the little girl's haitr in the pic?? its adorable!! this is a neat idea,i am downloading it.

Elis (who made the photos of the toddler for this object) told me that the hair is from one of the EP's

Edit: Elis just figured out they were among freebies at peggysims2.net
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th May 2007 at 3:01 PM
Thanks, that's a great time saver! :D
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 9th May 2007 at 4:55 PM
Thank you for this! This rocks!

If you look down all your life you can not see if something is going to hit you in the head.
Page 1 of 4