Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 3:59 AM
Why yes I did. How could you tell? LOL

Moved to Georgia about 3 years ago, but people had already been calling me Mooman_FL for the better part of ten years online so I kept it.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 4:33 PM
Hmm.I wv brdn!
Test Subject
#28 Old 30th Aug 2007 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
well, thank you.

A revised, AniMesh specific body meshing tutorial would be a welcome addition.

<* Wes *>

p.s. didn't you used to live in florida? (FL)

Can we make a deal? Show me how to make obj.Ples!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#29 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 12:07 AM
I don't know what an obj.Ples is. Is it like .NET?
Please elaborate.

<* Wes *>

If you like to say what you think, be sure you know which to do first.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:29 AM
Thank you so much Wes! This is awsome! I have been able to get Echos flag to animate in the game and it is so great. I am messing around trying to understand more and have a lot of fun even if I mostly fail in my atempts. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#31 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 2:31 AM
That is good news. Not the failures, but the success. If you can put Echo's flag together and make it work, you can try something just a little different, and then...

There is a lot of room in this space for new discoveries. Good luck.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#32 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 9:53 PM
Hi Wes
I made a toddler animation where the toddler reaches forward with its right arm. When I use it in game in an interaction (testing the same interaction over and over again) the toddler reach randomly the right or the left arm. Do you know why this is happening?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#33 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 3:53 AM
It has something to do with parameters of the BHAV you are calling the animation with. Animations can be run reversed, left to right, without changing the animation file, by changing a parameter in the BHAV. I know you can specify the reversal specifically. Having actions usable by either hand would be useful for door opening, as an example, where the same door requires a different hand depending on which side you approach it from.

Alas, I am not deeply conversant with the deatils. There are many that are, such as Echo, Inge, Numenor and many others. There is a whole forum in the InfoCenter devoted to them.

<* Wes *>

Test Subject
#34 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 4:25 AM
Hello wes_h,

nice tool, thanks!
I tried it out, i made a new animation for a adult-object.. but I have problems with the animations, please see at the attachments.

(my english is not very good, sorry)
Attached files:
File Type: rar  anim_video.rar (699.0 KB, 103 downloads) - View custom content
Alchemist
Original Poster
#35 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 5:08 AM
I believe the animated gif is what you wanted in MilkShape, and the avi is what you saw in game.

I never see the skeleton flashing like that when I play animations in MilkShape, only when I set a key frame. It looks like the animated gif is from a screenshot of a default position and then a single keyframe. If you only have one keyframe set, you are going to have a static pose, not a moving animation.

That does not answer the arms movements, but you need to do this:

1. Go into ANIM mode.
2. Move the model into the desired start position, and then do a ctrl-K (Set Keyframe).
3. Move the keyframe pointer to position #2, move the model to the other position you want, and press ctrl-K again.

When you are done with this, you can press the play button ">" and the animation should play in MilkShape. When that works right, THEN export the animation and you should have better results.

<* Wes *>

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#36 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 11:28 AM
solfal - check if you've got the "flip flag in temp 3" option set. If you do, turn it off.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:11 PM
Thank you Wes I didn´t know that. After reading your answer I found treads about it but all was speaking of it and I found no sulotion. So thank you Echo there it was! I changed the first opperand in the 2.nd row and that made the trick. :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#38 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 6:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cytron
Hello wes_h,

nice tool, thanks!
I tried it out, i made a new animation for a adult-object.. but I have problems with the animations, please see at the attachments.

(my english is not very good, sorry)

I conveyed some additional information to Cytron via PM. The actual problem is that "move" was used on spine0 to create the motion.

For Sim animation, you must only use "move" on the root_trans joint, to move the whole sim. Then use "rotate" on other joints to place the arms or legs where they need to go.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 15th Sep 2007 at 3:38 PM
Please dont christen me with complimentary split of virtual champagne, but I find the possibility to alter maxis animation very usufull . Both to alter small parts, like "I do want to have that animation but I want the hand to remain still" then it is not that hard to delete the arm movements and get the animation as i want. It is also great to be able to delete say the last part of the movements in the animation to get the movement you want with not that much effort. (I tried to change the values for the arm to but it didn´t worked as I wanted) I also use it to be able to have the sounds that is part of the animation.
And here is my question. Is it possible to add sounds to my custom animation? Like paste sounds from another animations.
I am also curius about the add frame and clear frame options in the raw wiew. Or perhaps that is a SimPE question?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#40 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 1:29 AM Last edited by wes_h : 16th Sep 2007 at 10:56 PM.
The short answer is yes.

Now, if you have made a sound, or want to use one that is already made, you can add these to an animation via an events script. The entire script is written to allow a large number of sounds to be added.

I distributed a sample script and documented it in the program notes, all of which are in the zip file you downloaded. There are many things events can do, but sounds is the most common one. Sounds are referenced by their name, and they are started based on a timecode.

This would allow you to synchronize a sound with some action in the animation. It would also allow a single short sound, like a shot or a chop, to be repeated at chosen intervals in the animation.

I do not want to repost the documentation in the message thread, but I will be happy to answer your questions about it.

And while I have played with and edited some animations (just general experimentation), I have never used add frame or clear frame. Perhaps someone else has a good answer, although the names suggest they are there for what you want.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#41 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 10:28 AM
Thank you so much Wes. I should have read that. It was very clear and workes great!
I have only been pasting sounds as how to imort my own sound is over my head, but it goes a long way to add more reality to the animations. This is great :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#42 Old 16th Sep 2007 at 11:24 PM
There is the tutorial by hexameter: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...401#post1681401

Numenor once promised to tell us how he made the sounds for his Sinclair computer: "Of course, I'm going to write an article for the InfoCenter to share my findings..."

But I never made new sounds, I just played with reusing the ones that were already in the game.

<* Wes *>

Lab Assistant
#43 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 9:23 PM
Thank you for the link!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:48 AM
I noticed that you seem to have taught yourself animation pretty well. I think the whole idea of the belly dance was quite creative. Even the radio that looks like a hookah was a cute touch.

<* Wes *>

Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#45 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 5:02 AM
Yipee! I go away for the summer and come back to find this wonderful animation tool! THANKS! now I'm off to practice breaking things. lol
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 10:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by wes_h
I noticed that you seem to have taught yourself animation pretty well. I think the whole idea of the belly dance was quite creative. Even the radio that looks like a hookah was a cute touch.

<* Wes *>

Thank you so much for your kind words Wes! I took a class in bellydance many ears ago and I was trying to make some of the moves from then. (It was fun but very hard to dance!)
I still have problems with the mooving feets. Thanks to the Marvine sphere metod, I did reduse the problems seen in milkshape but in game it shows bigger movements. I am glad I have come this far though and I do enjoy so much to be able to se my animations come to live in game!
Scholar
#47 Old 17th Nov 2007 at 10:59 PM
Thanks very much Wes_h for creating your great plugins and for sharing them with us.
Texturing God
#48 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:10 PM
Wow! I can't believe I've missed this!!!... WES!!! You are amazing!... I know I'm not very welcome around this parts but I wanted to show my support and thank you for your hard work and amazing genius.

If you want to get my creations please visit my site. ExnemSims .
The ModFather
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 5:45 PM
If someone doesn't welcome you around these parts, it's not me for sure It's nice to see again your robotic avatar -

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 11:24 PM
Well, thank you, Exnem. I like you, too,

I hope you can make good use of it, for whatever purposes. We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.

<* Wes *>

Page 2 of 6