Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 4:33 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 26th May 2010 at 9:13 PM.
Default Tutorial - Using Wizards of SimPE to create a basic recolour
Hey Everybody!

This is a begginer tutorial on a useful tool that comes with SimPE called "Wizards of SimPE"
Im gonna teach you how to make a recolor for an object using the Wizard and Photoshop CS2(or your photo Editing Program)

Thanks for the moderator who moved it (Thanks)

You need:
1- SimPE's Wizard - when you go to the download page i recommend the Full SimPE Download (The light may not have the Wizard)
2- PhotoShop CS2 - Or your image editing program (im not going to include so much information on using photoshop
3- NVidia DDS Utilities - For adding the texture

1- Click on Start--> All Programs--> SimPE--> Wizards of SimPE

2- (If you got the tools before and located them using SimPE then skip step 2&3) Click Options

3- and in the third box use browse to search for The nvdxt.exe in the DDS folder, when you find them... click close and Click Recolors

4- Wait till the objects loads and then click on the table icon and find this counter and click next

5- Select all the boxes then select the first image and click next, then wait

6- When it loads select the first texture and click export and export the image to you tutorial folder, do the same to the other one.

7- Minimize the wizard and open PhotoShop, open the first image

8- Use the Hue Stautration tool to change the colors, i recommend changing the one above only (The White texture)
9- Do the Same to the other texture
10- To the second texture (The Dirty one) you might wanna need to add some more dirty texture!, you can use this brush

11- Now save, go back to the wizard and select each image and choose import, and import your images

12- Click next and choose your package name

13- Go to your downloads folder and you will find it there!
14- Start the game and check it
15- Click the thanks button and write a comment! , All questions are welcome!

Have Fun!

----------
Tutorials:Using_Wizards_of_SimPE_to_create_a_basic_recolourwiki
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Sep 2008 at 8:25 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Sep 2008 at 7:39 PM
Thanks! This made it so easy to recolor some maxis candles to match my walls.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 7:48 AM
wow thanks!
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 11:32 AM
Wow thanks SO much That helped a bunch!

Oh gosh. What have I done?

Like Bambi? Click here!
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Oct 2008 at 7:05 PM
*Hugs* Thanks! Now I can make those xmSims matress recolors!
Test Subject
#7 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 5:12 AM
Okay, I need help. After you go to that SimPE place, it doesn't show you the SimPE downloads. You really need to show pictures of that. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, OH, PLEASE...........help me.

XxMirandaxX
Fluffy
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 8:52 AM
19Sim96,
just click on Downloads in the top bar, then agree with the disclaimer and scroll down
it will link you to sourceforge, where the package is hosted.
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Oct 2008 at 8:04 PM
This helped a lot
Thanks!!
Test Subject
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2008 at 6:24 PM
Can't find Lockerfeet one.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 5:59 PM
could someon please tell me where i could download this SimPE thing because i dont know where to if you could help i would be very grateful
Field Researcher
#12 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 3:03 AM Last edited by Numenor : 25th Oct 2008 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 2043854, 2043871
what do you mean "tutorials folder"?

EDIT:
nevermind sorry i got it now. :]

Thanks a lot!!

[merged 2 posts]

When the smoke clears, you can consider us even.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:39 PM
Default Download of SimPE
Quote: Originally posted by jordysims1707
could someon please tell me where i could download this SimPE thing because i dont know where to if you could help i would be very grateful

Go on this site : sims.ambertation.de/en/download/realdownload
click on the download butto on the top of the page (maybe you have to write "simPE" on the search field. Agree with the licence and download.

Good Luck and contacts me for any further question.
Guardgian
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#14 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:52 PM
Actually in order to read the licence terms, you have to start at this page: http://sims.ambertation.de/en/download/

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 3rd Nov 2008 at 12:59 PM Last edited by $RaMRoM$ : 3rd Nov 2008 at 1:08 PM.
Oh... thats some posts! you're welcome everybody! thx Inge and Lethe for answering people!

RR
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 11:32 PM
Can you use paint?
Field Researcher
#17 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 6:40 AM
Paint is a toy. It is not a graphics editing program.You need a proper one, not MS paint. I use Paint. NET, which is free and can be obtained here: http://getpaint.net

The Sim Supply!

Call me PD :)
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Nov 2008 at 9:36 PM
I use Photoshop, though you could use gimp
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Nov 2008 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Samtian
Can you use paint?

You can, but i agree with pokedude, its just a toy! you should some other 'real' painting program, I used to gimp, its really cool, and free! If you are thinking about publishing your creation(using paint), then trust me! don't! lol
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 6:26 PM
oh wow, this was a lot easier than i thought it would be. thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th Dec 2008 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Uniqueness
Can't find Lockerfeet one.

THATS BECAUSE ITS A UNI OBJECT. IF YOU DONT HAVE UNI YOU WONT HAVE THAT
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 7:29 PM
if you want to answer someone jamie, be nice to them, don't write in caps, against the rules, or just don't answer anyone
Test Subject
#23 Old 4th Jan 2009 at 1:33 AM
i do have university, but this counter is still not showing up. my first box under options is also different. it says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\

If i try to change it, it just reverts back.
Instructor
Original Poster
#24 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wickedtee23
i do have university, but this counter is still not showing up. my first box under options is also different. it says C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Deluxe\Base\

If i try to change it, it just reverts back.

Apparently you have The Sims 2 Deluxe, unfortunately i never got it so I'd never now what changed in it
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 5:42 PM
thanks for this! I'm going to try recolouring :D
Page 1 of 5