Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 13th Oct 2007 at 5:09 PM
I do .. and I did. And it worked too well they don't have the money to afford their old house, but that is easily fixed enough. And the house is empty of their belongings but they are alive and thats more important anyway... thank you for your help. I would not have known about that by myself
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Oct 2007 at 10:23 PM
Default vacation book got canceled
i've been stuck once..and then i walk to the hotel and check out, since then everytime i book a vacation, it's always said: "the vacation destination you have choosen has no space for your vacation party bla bla..."?

so i can never go on a vacation again .. anybody has the some problem? please help!
Test Subject
#28 Old 15th Oct 2007 at 3:02 PM
My sims are going through the same thing. If you use the teleporter bush, does the sim automatically move in the family? Because if not, it will be the same as inviting the sim to the lot. You can't control the teleported sim, so it would be the same thing.
Test Subject
#29 Old 16th Oct 2007 at 2:21 AM
I tried the teleporter bush, and now my sim is safe again. The only bad side was that i had to redecorate my house again, but that's it. I suggest whoever's having this problem try the teleporter bush. Thanks Canoodle!
Test Subject
#30 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:23 PM
My problem is similar but when i sent my sims on vacation i checked them in ok but then all the objects on the lot disappeared. I can't make them check out or go anywhere. When i go back to the home neighbourhood i can't play the house because they are still visiting a vacation lot. Please help!!
Test Subject
#31 Old 17th Oct 2007 at 2:26 PM
Default [B]Solution[/B]
Install Bon Voyage patch , enable this cheat: boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true, play a Sim that knows Sims stucked on vacation. Invite him(them) over and use Make Selectable cheat (shift+left mouse) on stucked sim. Then select him and walk to another lot and after that walk home. Book a vacation, fly away and then you can finally come home again.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 10:42 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread (because this may be related; I don't know), but has anyone had an issue with saving while on vacation, and when you try to return to your sims' vacation, you can't load the lot? Everything else is working fine for me except this one thing, so I just thought I'd ask.
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 7:02 AM
Default Here A Quick Solution To This Problem
I think I have a minimal solution until there is a patch made. My Sim family went on vacaton with 3 sims Mom, Dad, Child Daughter. Everything went okay we got back the nanny left, they have a toddler left at home. They don't even own a cellphone, so I don't believe that's is it. i don't have custom content so that not it either, but the mom and the daughter got sent back to vacation lot, since there was no nanny a message came up like when they go to work talking about not being able to leave the baby so the dad stayed behind since he was giving the toddler a bath at the time. But the same thing happened to me, where it wouldn't let me leave the vacation lot at all. So I used some quick thinking whipped up the boolprop testing cheat and spawned Rodney's Death creator into the game and made the Mom, die by hail, I always wanted to see that happen. Well, they wouldn't let the child stay on vacation by herself so as soon as her mom died in spawns the taxi to pick the little girl up and bring her back home. So when she got home since the cheats was still enabled I tried to bring her back to the family by spawning the tombstone of l and d but that didn't work I just kept getting the message that she died on another lot so she would return there in spirit. So I used the newpaper to get the career reward for the paranormal which is the ressurecting machine and i used that to spawn her back into the game. the only downfall to it was that I had to have the wedding all over again and build the relationship with the dad, but that's how i got my sims off the vacation lot.
Test Subject
#34 Old 20th Aug 2014 at 3:36 PM
I really know how to fix this all
1. Go to your neighborhood and play a lot that is near to your missing family house (neighbors)
2. while playing that lot click on your family house, a popup will appear, click yes!
3. After the loading screen, the shuttle will bring the family home
Happy siming
Please let me know if it worked for you because i had the same problem and it worked for me!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 25th May 2019 at 10:29 PM Last edited by emodarkwolf : 26th May 2019 at 3:45 PM. Reason: Finally solved, hopefully
Quote: Originally posted by giselhilton
I really know how to fix this all
1. Go to your neighborhood and play a lot that is near to your missing family house (neighbors)
2. while playing that lot click on your family house, a popup will appear, click yes!
3. After the loading screen, the shuttle will bring the family home
Happy siming
Please let me know if it worked for you because i had the same problem and it worked for me!

I'm so sorry for reviving this thread but I was going crazy with this same problem and this fixed it! I tried the SimPE trick but SimPE stopped working on my computer long ago for some reason, and it doesn't seem to have any support anymore... Anyway, OMG! I just wanna leave here a HUGE THANK YOU because this worked! I was skeptical but it indeed worked! Thank you very much, you saved my family :lovestruc

EDIT: It didn't fully fixed it. The house was still locked to be entered normally. So I moved out all of the Sims using the enter-through-neighbour-house method (xD) and left only 1 that unfortunately had to be sacrificed. I killed him at the new house and revived him using the Resurrect-o-Nomitron. The former house was then for sale but the hotel where the family was staying in vacations was still being flagged as occupied! I bulldozed it and I'm in process of replacing it. I hope all this doesn't corrupt my neighbourhood event further :s

EDIT: I placed a custom version of the lot (it has the same base of the former hotel but it's customized with mods and stuff) and tested it out with a family but I couldn't do the check-in. Neither the hotel doors were available to select and choose the room. I never used any custom hotels so I don't know if this problem is with the lot or from the previous problem of having a family stuck in a vacation lot! But it's not even the same lot x.x
Help?...

EDIT: Ok, I think I finally figured it out! It was a mod that enables buy and build mode on community lots (buybuildenabler.package) that was preventing me from check-in in the hotel. At least when I removed it from my Downloads folder it seemed to fix it
I hope this huge wall of text can help somebody that unfortunately finds themselves in the same situation.
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 26th May 2019 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emodarkwolf
I'm so sorry for reviving this thread but I was going crazy with this same problem and this fixed it! I tried the SimPE trick but SimPE stopped working on my computer long ago for some reason, and it doesn't seem to have any support anymore... Anyway, OMG! I just wanna leave here a HUGE THANK YOU because this worked! I was skeptical but it indeed worked! Thank you very much, you saved my family :lovestruc

EDIT: It didn't fully fixed it. The house was still locked to be entered normally. So I moved out all of the Sims using the enter-through-neighbour-house method (xD) and left only 1 that unfortunately had to be sacrificed. I killed him at the new house and revived him using the Resurrect-o-Nomitron. The former house was then for sale but the hotel where the family was staying in vacations was still being flagged as occupied! I bulldozed it and I'm in process of replacing it. I hope all this doesn't corrupt my neighbourhood event further :s

EDIT: I placed a custom version of the lot (it has the same base of the former hotel but it's customized with mods and stuff) and tested it out with a family but I couldn't do the check-in. Neither the hotel doors were available to select and choose the room. I never used any custom hotels so I don't know if this problem is with the lot or from the previous problem of having a family stuck in a vacation lot! But it's not even the same lot x.x
Help?...

I have had the issue of the Family I sent on Vacation returning home when their Vacation is at an End or if I End it early like usual and then the Shuttle appearing and taking the Family back to where they were in the Vacation 'hood numerous times.

My solution has always been Do Not Save, instead Exit to the Neighborhood with Out Saving and then go back at the home lot for the Family, load the Lot like Usual. Doing it this way has always worked for me with out a problem.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#37 Old 26th May 2019 at 1:32 PM

Help?...

No need to kill anyone, use a teleporter and move them in.

The lot needs a check-in desk, hotel doors facing the correct way (check that) and needs to be zoned as a hotel.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 26th May 2019 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
No need to kill anyone, use a teleporter and move them in.

The lot needs a check-in desk, hotel doors facing the correct way (check that) and needs to be zoned as a hotel.

How do I teleport Sims into a family? I consider myself pretty advanced with cheats and stuff but I've never done that :o
Top Secret Researcher
#39 Old 26th May 2019 at 8:55 PM
How do I teleport Sims into a family? I consider myself pretty advanced with cheats and stuff but I've never done that :o

There are several Teleportal Objects that I know of and they all work similarly, personally I like to use the Visual Teleportal by SimWardrobe, I like to use it because it first divides up the Sims by type: Playable and others separately and within those sets you can sort Sims by their First Name or you can sort by how well the summoner knows them or by how many bolts they have with the summoner. You may find it in this archive: SimWardrobe's Mods Another Teleportal that I know of would be the Teleportal Cat by Inge Jones, it sorts by Last Name of the Family. You can find it on Simlogical.com

Keep in mind that your Summoners Houshold must have room for the Sims that you are going to Teleport in.

Next you should add the teleported Sims to your Household, one can ask them to move in, or do what I would do and use one of the Mods that alllows one to move Sims in to a Family. Choose the one that you like: The Sim Blender, The Sim Manipulator, The InSimenator, also I think Inge's Cat will also do this.

Once you get the Sims Teleported in and Added to a new Family, you can always choose to have them move out to a new house. I would use the FamilyFunds cheat to make sure that they have enough money to start a new house.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 27th May 2019 at 11:48 PM
^ I recently got the sim wardrobe one after seeing it used on a Let's Play, the divide by sim type is so helpful at finding sims. I had a BV native that I wanted to add and could not find him on my other teleporters but that one did. I used Inge's cat to Move him in. (Inge cat is also a teleporter on Simlogical) It says right there on it Move in> sims name, couldn't be easier. Another great one that I could not live without is Christionlov's transport Mirror. I use it to play my at home daycare, to bring sick sims to the hospital, anytime I need a sim transported and also fully selectable. It's the only mod that gives adult sims full range of options on transported toddlers and sims transported with it won't leave so you can do kid sleepovers. Those are the three that I would recommend.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 2