Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Newbie Road 100 -- Base Game Starter

by plasticbox Posted 26th Nov 2007 at 3:25 AM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 4:54 PM by plasticbox

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 5:58 AM
Wow...this is awkward...first download and first comment...

This is more than I can deal with.

Nevertheless, congratulations on your 100th base game starter. Even if it's not that exciting.

My eyes are just a little sweaty today.
They've been looking around a lot, searching for you,
They've been looking for you,
Even though I told them not to.

I'm Not Crying -- Flight of the Conchords
Alchemist
#3 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 7:51 AM
Another little jewel for the collection, thank you Plastic. Starter homes still seem a bit complicated to me and I always look at your serie for getting useful ideas.
I like the white exterior and how everything is in the right place!
Thank you veery much. Kiss and ciao.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 1:38 PM
Yay! 100th Newbie Road House!!! I find that like, oober exciting!!! Congrats!
It's a really cute house too -- thank you! x
Alchemist
#5 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 3:38 PM
..I love it! Thanks,
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 4:21 PM
My lord it's adorable. Thank you, plasticbox. Thank you thank you thank you!
Theorist
#7 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 5:30 PM
Lovely! When are you going to get an avitar? Your WHAY past due! XD
Love it! Thanks!!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Nov 2007 at 10:47 PM
I love ALL your houses! I want all of them! Wait--I hvae most of them! LOL! I wish I had your houses for real though! They are perfect for me! Thanks and congrats on the 100th! xoxoxoxoxoxo

Remember SILENCE=DEATH.
If you're not saying what's on your mind,
you're as good as dead!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 1:33 AM
Always love your basegame starters!

Please don't upload my sims or lots anywhere unless you ask me first:)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:30 AM
Whoot! Another awesome house! Congrats on 100! *throws confetti at you* Hurrah!

ღLiving Dead Girlღ
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Nov 2007 at 3:09 PM
100th house!Yay!Congratulations!

One day you're gonna wake up and realize how much you care for her--
And when that day comes she'll be waking up next to the boy who already knew.
--Anonymous
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 9:59 PM
I have a problem with this house. I downloaded it and moved my sim to the house. When I try to make her walk from downstairs (not the cellar) to upstairs in that spot where there is that level and two stairs (one down an one up) she complains that she cant walk upstairs.

Is there anything that could be done to that? It's so lame to always move her there with MoveObjects on, and I really want to use this house. <:
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:23 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Dec 2007 at 10:45 PM.
rkxkrr,

yes that's what I mentioned in the OP: this is the unaccessible tile on the landing. You need to click on the *upstairs* floor, not the landing, and tell her to walk there, then it should work .. have you tried that?

(To make this tile accessible, in case you really want to, you'd have to remove the floortile above it (underneath the dresser upstairs). And the dresser itself probably too. Not sure if that's worth it -- after all there's nothing very interesting on the landing itself that sims would want to walk to)

Eta, to clarify: sims can't walk to this tile directly, but they can walk around it just fine (to get up/downstairs) .. at least that's how it was when I playtested.

Eta2: another way to get rid of the problem would be to delete the floorlamp on the landing, then sims can walk there instead.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:09 PM
I have the same problem as rkxkrr. Sims can go upstairs just fine, but when they're in the bedroom and I tell them to go down to the living room they complain and can't get down. And the lamp is already deleted.

Anyway, since I forgot to post before, I really really love this house, even with the navigation issue.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2007 at 11:45 PM
OK, I'm sorry about this -- will test it some more and probably reupload, if I can reliably fix/eliminate the issue. Thanks for the heads-up. For the record I tested in the Base Game, maybe that makes a difference?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 4th Dec 2007 at 11:38 PM
rkxkrr and Daisie (and whoever else had stair issues with this), this is fixed now -- the repair is very simple, see sceenshot: move the dresser elsewhere (like inside the bedroom), delete the 2 floortiles underneath the dresser, replace the railing. I've just sent my tester sim on a little upstairs-downstairs marathon .. I believe this is solved.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#17 Old 25th Jan 2008 at 7:35 AM
CoOl xD Another base starter =D
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 30th May 2008 at 9:22 PM
:worships: I uninstalled all my EPs & I'm just playing the base game for now...and your starters are just so pretty ;] Thanks much!

When life gives you lemons, study them and write a book about all the things you can do with lemons and win an award. 'Cause awards are shiny.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Mar 2009 at 7:59 AM
Your creations look so real. I'm just blown away. Thanks for your hard work and generosity.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 12:50 AM
thank you