Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

New Career - Optometry

by CrowsMan Posted 16th Dec 2007 at 2:10 AM - Updated 12th Oct 2009 at 10:22 AM by CrowsMan

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Test Subject
#2 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 1:58 AM Last edited by whiterider : 28th Dec 2007 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Merged posts: 1850379, 1850380, 1850381
Excuse me but did you copy and paste the descriptions beacause if you did just looking at them I saw some mistakes..

Assistant Optometrist
You've done it! The head Optometrist believes you have learn't enough and ar ready

Trainee Assistant Optometrist
Your boss thinks it's time for a change, and so do you! Now your here;;

Should be You're

{{Can Take Object Requests, Not To Complex Though}
98% of teenagers smoke pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy this to your signature
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 6:40 AM
Woo, I'm finally mentioned in something. And yes, I am so downloading this. I have the perfect Sim for it, lol. I congratulate you on your first career and look forward to many in the future.

I Got The University EP!!!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 7:24 AM
Ikanlord - Thanks for picking these mistakes up. I did do most of this during the late hours of the night. Sorry I won't be able to fix these up tonight as I am going out but I will certainly fix them tomorrow

Fat.Louie - I'm glad you liked it. I'm glad you requested it otherwise I probably wouldn't have made it.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 2:47 PM
The career looks fine, but you definitely need to learn the difference between "your" and "you're."

"Your" is a possessive: your car, your clothes, your career.
"You're" is a contraction: you are. You're the man, you're the boss, you're doing fine.

Thus, e.g., the job description for lvl 1 should read "you're starting your dream..."

-- Mal

"Of two choices, I always take the third."
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 8:51 PM Last edited by CrowsMan : 22nd Dec 2007 at 3:11 AM.
malthaussen - You must realise I know simple English literacy. I do know the difference between "Your" and "You're". I did most of this career late at night because that was that only time I could, so I was very tired. I just didn't pick up on those mistakes while proofreading.

Retired...

kind of.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 8:54 PM
Very nice. I hope my Sims will be as good as my doctors. Thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 28th Dec 2007 at 9:31 AM
Haha! Only a fellow Aussie would use the word 'mate' in a chance card. Your poor grammar when tired is forgiven and I look forward to playing this career in game. Good work!
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 7:13 AM
CrowsMan thank you for the time and effort into posting this career. This is a forum not a English class so some of you guys need to lay off and just be grateful to everyone who takes time to post these mods for us.
Test Subject
#10 Old 29th Dec 2007 at 11:05 PM
Very good for your first time Crowsman.
Just 2 things-
1/ nealekitty (mate is a very english word esp in the north and is not just used in australia
2/ What is the big deal about a spelling mistake. Is it such a big deal?
As long as the game works then it doesn't matter.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jan 2008 at 10:48 AM Last edited by whiterider : 1st Jan 2008 at 11:55 AM. Reason: Mostly off topic
thanks for this one!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th May 2008 at 4:05 AM
Definatly agree with you leogurl

Crowsman, you have put a lot of hard work into this and I thank you for doing it. I am just happy to have a new type of career.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th Jun 2008 at 2:12 AM
ROFL go the Aussiesss!
Let's form a union.

Hydroxide

Hydroxide Studio | Visit me!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 8:42 PM
One question how many friend does this require. Loved to know
#15 Old 30th Jul 2008 at 3:25 AM
wow this is very funny I must say, =D
Thanks, and don't worry about your grammer (though you should),
just know this... a lot of people are worse off than you "online" and yes I said "Online"
:P

Everything I do, All Glory will GO TO GOD! All the praises Goes to the Lord on High!
I don't want to gain the whole world and loose my Soul!
MOAVGproductions Youtube channel, subscribe to it!
MOAVGproductions blog/site
Official Facebook page, like it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 6:32 PM
Thank You
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 3rd Dec 2021 at 11:51 PM
Thank you.