Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Community Wedding Fix for Celebration Wedding Arch (Obsolete in AL or M&G)

by Lord Darcy Posted 15th Feb 2008 at 6:46 AM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:12 AM by Lord Darcy : Obsolete in AL or M&G

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 7:24 AM
I am so happy that you made this fix!!
Such nice arches and not to be able to use them until now.
Thank You so much for making it possible to have a community wedding again.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 11:49 AM
Thankyou so much for this (:
Moderator of pixels for pixels
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 1:35 PM
Awesome thank you!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 2:40 PM
thanx i'm so glad it can work on comm.also!btw is this "married"thing will be cinematic like with old a bit ugly arch or they will just put the rings?thanx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 15th Feb 2008 at 2:41 PM
Oh, you're fantastic! Thank you!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tish85
btw is this "married"thing will be cinematic like with old a bit ugly arch or they will just put the rings?thanx

Same cinematic as the base game wedding arch.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 16th Feb 2008 at 9:45 AM
cool thanx again 4 letting me know =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Feb 2008 at 6:10 AM
I have a wedding lot in Strangetown that has been aching for just this fix. Thanks so much for putting in the hours modding this for us. It will get plenty of use in my game.

Michele
Theorist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Feb 2008 at 1:56 AM
Awesome thank you!
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Mar 2008 at 1:23 AM
Thanks for the great mod.

I was wondering if anyone has tried this with Freetime installed? I have Freetime installed now and the option to get married isn't there (I do have this mod in my stuffpack like instructed) so I was just wondering if anyone else has gotten it to work with Freetime installed.
Test Subject
#12 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 10:43 AM
Combitable?
This sounds great, I was just wondering if it is compitable with "freetime" and "kitchen and bath"? Hope it is combitable with the next EP's
Banned
#13 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 3:55 PM
I cant Download it, it keeps giving me error saying acess denied...so like, what do i do?? PLS GET BACK TO ME!! MESSAGE PLease!
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 8:27 PM
I don't have this fix but (bear with me):
- I created a "Chapel" a while ago, and using the "collections workaround," I placed a wedding arch in the Chapel.
- I had many community weddings.
- That neighborhood imploded, so I stopped playing for a while.
- I got the remaining expansion packs (up to FT) and stuff packs, (all I had was Uni, NL, and OFB before) and went back to playing, but started a new neighborhood.
- I copied the Chapel (Lots/Houses Bin) to the new neighborhood, and just to be safe, I eye-dropped the wedding arch. Then I deleted both arches and placed the one from buy mode.
- I went to one of my sims and got him married to his townie girlfriend on the community lot.

I say all that to ask this: Was this issue fixed at some point after Bon Voyage, but before Apartment Life? (not a crucial question... my arch is working)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ThaPyngwyn
Was this issue fixed at some point after Bon Voyage, but before Apartment Life? (not a crucial question... my arch is working)
Celebration Arch was fixed only in AL. FT patches didn't fix it.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
#16 Old 17th Oct 2008 at 4:29 AM
This looks very interesting, but I`m a tad confuzzled.

I have DoubleDeluxe+H&MFashionStuff+IKEAHomeStuff. I will be installing TeenStyleStuff soon.

What will this do for me?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 12:45 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 31st Oct 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by GeneralOperationsDirector
I have DoubleDeluxe+H&MFashionStuff+IKEAHomeStuff. I will be installing TeenStyleStuff soon.

What will this do for me?
Nothing, because you don't have Celebration pack. This fix is only for the wedding arch included in Celebration pack. The base game arch acquired this function in BV. To enable community wedding in pre-BV games, you have to find Squinge's Community Wedding Hack. Look for the version compatible with Pets, as both IKEA and TSS are based on Pets.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
#18 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 9:28 PM
Ah, Lord Darcy, did you not know that DoubleDeluxe includes Celebration Stuff?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 31st Oct 2008 at 10:44 PM
Stupid me. Somehow I read your post as Deluxe. Note to myself: Must not post in a sleep-deprived state...

With this fix installed, you can use Celebration wedding arch in community lot. But you won't be able to use base game wedding arch for community wedding, because you don't have BV or newer EP. You'll need to find said Squinge hack for that. Should be available in Graveyard, or in his resurrected InSim section.

#20 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 4:43 AM
I go to neither, as a rule, and those are not sufficient to send me there anyway, especially if your fix works for me as advertised. Thanks. I had built a park with a wedding area for my first-made adult Sim to get married in [she was my second-made Sim, as I made her teen-age daughter first, and CAF wouldn`t let me save-and-exit without an adult. ] and was a bit dissappointed when I couldn`t figure out how to get them married there.

IKEA is based on Pets? I was told that it uses the FreeTime engine. How can I tell for sure?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 7:29 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 1st Nov 2008 at 7:46 AM.
IKEA is based on Pets? I was told that it uses the FreeTime engine.
Probably the person meant that when IKEA and FT are installed together, the FT engine is used instead of IKEA engine. That is not to say that IKEA's own SP engine is based on FT. As you don't have any newer EP than NL (included in Double Deluxe), you'll probably use IKEA executable to run the game.

The fact that a SP was released after an EP does not guarantee that the subsequent SP is updated to the latest EP.
If it were indeed based on FT, there would have been no need for me to create this fix.

How can I tell for sure?
Look into the Object.package (not the SPObjects.package which contains SP objects) shipped with the stuff pack. The global BHAVs are only up to Pets.

I sincerely hope that upcoming Mansion and Garden stuff will update the SP engine to Seasons at least. Otherwise we will be stuck with shrubs and trees sans snowy texture. Imagine the horror in winter garden, evergreen shrubs sticking out like sore thumbs everywhere.
It will be an incredibly stupid move not to base a SP all about garden objects upon Seasons engine, but I would not rule out the possibility. Their stupidity hath no bound.

#22 Old 1st Nov 2008 at 8:12 AM
I do launch from the IKEA executable.

Yeah, I think I remember seeing that fix, now that you mention it.

I expect that when I become able to deal with BHAVs that they will be my best arena for creating mods, but right know, I wouldn`t know a subroutine call from a breakpoint.

I didn`t know another Stuff pack was in the offing. Great!

Then again, MTS2 is a super-mega-Stuff-pack. .

I agree: As time goes by we [collectively] know more and more about the Sims 2 internals, and their [active, as opposed to transfered to another project] Sims 2 development teams [collectively] appear to know less and less about Sims 2 internals.

If it hasn`t happened already, we will soon know more about their own best-selling product than they do!

Ah, I was wondering: Is it possible [nevermind for now how to do it] to build a tool that runs inside the game that will tell us --without making any assumptions about which stuff packs use which engines-- which engine a given installation is running on? Obviously, an installation with no stuff packs is using the engine of the newest expansion installed, but I`m thinking of interrogating the runtime directly, rather than just checking flags, if that can be done.

Test Subject
#23 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 10:31 PM
404 not found for the mod in description... Please help?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 7:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jewel56
404 not found for the mod in description... Please help?
Fixed the link.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:23 PM
Thank you ! :)
Page 1 of 2