Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Teen Style Stuff Objects Fix for FreeTime (Updated 2008/08/31) Rolled into New AL fix

by Lord Darcy Posted 1st Mar 2008 at 1:43 PM - Updated 24th Jul 2011 at 8:11 AM by Lord Darcy : AL Compatibility

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:14 PM Last edited by Nelson340 : 1st Mar 2008 at 3:44 PM.
What? They are STILL forgetting to update stuff pack stuff in the newer EPs? (Not that I kinda remember seeing the slap dance enabled on the GLS stereo.)

(EDIT: Is "Watch Movie" a new Freetime interaction?)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 3:43 PM
This is perfect, however does it also include OFB/BV/Uni interactions on the Teen comps? That's the only reason I never use them.

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:03 PM
thank you for doing this.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flameflash
does it also include OFB/BV/Uni interactions on the Teen comps? That's the only reason I never use them.

FreeTime updated pie menus of Teen computer and stereo. All functions up to FT are now enabled in Teen computer. EAxis forgot OFB shelf placement value for Teen computer though, so it wouldn't sit on OFB shelves without my fix. Talk about lack of taking care of detail.

I already made BV fix for Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo some time ago. If you don't have FT, you should use BV fix instead.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Mar 2008 at 10:35 PM
Thank you so much for constantly fixing these stupid mistakes.
Are the tooltips where the name of the object appears next to the cursor when you hover over them? If so do you think you could remove them from the Arcade machines that came with University as well?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Are the tooltips where the name of the object appears next to the cursor when you hover over them? If so do you think you could remove them from the Arcade machines that came with University as well?

Yes, those tooltips should appear only in Buy/Build mode. Live mode tooltips are EVIL. I'll make a Uni Arcade tooltip fix soon. If you know any other object with the same problem, please let me know.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelson340
Is "Watch Movie" a new Freetime interaction?)

Yeah, in FT you'll be able to watch and buy Movies as well as TV shows
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:01 AM
You're so awesome! I really appreciate all the fixes you're doing. I wish EAMaxis would take the time to notice what needs fixing - keep up the great fixing.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 6:25 AM
It's good you are here to fix EA's stuff, they are sooo lazy that it's frightening!

But i use Numenor's "put custom objects on shelves", do i need the fix you made?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiniMimi
But i use Numenor's "put custom objects on shelves", do i need the fix you made?

If you're using LESS version of Numenor's fix, you still need my fix. Numenor's fix allows the computer to be placed on OFB shelves, but without my fix the computer would sit off center on the shelf. That's because the default setting of Numenor's fix is 6 objects per one shelf. For big objects like computer, the shelf placement value should be 0 (big objects), not 2 (small objects).

If you're using MORE version, you wouldn't notice the difference. I've never used MORE version of Numenor's fix. It is my understanding that MORE version ignores EAxian shelf placement value altogether, forcing the shelf placement value of every object to be 2.

I suggest that you get my fix though, as my fix addresses tooltip and tinkering issues as well. Whether you have MORE version or LESS version, my fix wouldn't conflict with Numenor's fix anyway.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Mar 2008 at 8:43 PM
This is great that you fixed another EA mess up.
They need to hire a new team because they messed be burned out.
I do notice how they will make some objects that the community has already made.
Thank You.
Test Subject
#13 Old 6th Mar 2008 at 11:29 PM
Sorry if this is tooo dumb; but I don't see download for zldDarcy Tinker..., only Object; don't I need Tinker also?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 12:26 AM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 7th Mar 2008 at 12:32 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat4
Sorry if this is tooo dumb; but I don't see download for zldDarcy Tinker..., only Object; don't I need Tinker also?

Both files are included in LdDarcy_TSSObjectsFix_FT.zip. I prefer downloading all needed files in one single zip.

Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Mar 2008 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord Darcy
my fix wouldn't conflict with Numenor's fix anyway.

I'm using the MORE one, glad it won't conflict
Thank you for the response Lord Darcy as this fix is really needed. This comp and the cheap tv are pretty nice
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 3:30 AM
Its up to modders like you, Lord Darcy, to fix EAxis screw ups! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 5:27 PM
Thanks a bunch, Lord Darcy!

Hey EA:

Fixin our games? Yer doin' it wrong!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 20th Apr 2008 at 7:16 AM
Thanks a bunch for doing all these fixes, just so we can get to play the games we paid good money for! You are truely worth your weight in gold!
thanks again,
Skye
Test Subject
#19 Old 17th May 2008 at 7:56 PM
Should it possible to tinker with the teen stereo and computer, I've got the fix loaded but no tinker?

I play with all expansions and stuff packs.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 18th May 2008 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Barada
Should it possible to tinker with the teen stereo and computer, I've got the fix loaded but no tinker?

Unlike TVs, boomboxes and computers do not have Tinker option in the first place. Even the base game boombox and computers do not have Tinker option. This fix only restores missing function for TV that should have been available. It cannot add a brand new function to totally different objects.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 20th May 2008 at 2:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response to my query. At least I know everything is working fine, great work on the fixes by the way.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#22 Old 1st Jun 2008 at 4:17 AM
Thanks so much! This time *Big Ol' hugs* are in order, as I think I rumpled you a bit with the smooches!
hugs,
Skye
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 16th Jul 2008 at 11:36 PM Last edited by Lord Darcy : 18th Jul 2008 at 2:20 PM.
2008-07-17: Updated to v1.01. Wrong animation of Elite & Gothic armoires was fixed. Also fixes Store Deco armoire, if this fix is loaded after Deco armoire.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 10:16 PM
2008-08-31: This fix was rolled into Stuff Pack Objects Fix Collection for Apartment Life in Apartment Life. If you have AL, remove this fix and get the new AL fix.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 4:56 PM
cool. thanks for fixin it
Page 1 of 2