Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Social Climbing Ivy" Retextures in Brass and White

by plasticbox Posted 10th May 2008 at 1:02 AM - Updated 22nd Oct 2008 at 5:02 PM by -Maylin-

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th May 2008 at 9:28 AM
Really Great! I never thought these lamps could possibly look good.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:14 AM
definitely much better than the original! thanks!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:19 AM
I have been wanting a plain recolor of these lamps ever since I stopped using overheads in every single room. (<- Was lazy.) But your recent spate of productivity is killing my downloads folder! Have mercy on me.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:37 AM
these look really nice now they've been stripped down a bit, thank you !

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 10th May 2008 at 10:42 AM
Oh, thank you!

I've always liked the shape of that shade, but the frills and the colour of the base made this mostly unuseable. Yay! This is a great improvement! Thank you!

Ever wanted a pay item you could not afford?
Get it for free here!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th May 2008 at 11:11 AM
Wow, plastic box. Another set of fantastic recolours. That bug where it didn't light up properly annoyed me, and thankyou for fixing the bug and sharing your creations!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 10th May 2008 at 12:11 PM
This has been one of the most useless objects in the game, now it'll be one of the most useful I think, it's perfect!

"Gag me with a reticulated spline!! You're not my cup of tea!" - The Nightlife Prima Guide
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th May 2008 at 1:12 PM
I love the way you've been retexturing/recoloring objects. The color selection is splendid and the ideas are growing. Quite wonderful work. Thanks for these. I can't wait to see how you move forward with your recolors! I plan to use your fabulous designs in future houses I create (especially those with a nontraditional theme). Thanks again.
steph

Creativity is giving the soul permission to leap beyond the boundaries of the ordinary!
~*~Stephanie~*~
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#10 Old 10th May 2008 at 2:09 PM
Ohhhh thank you! I always hated how stupidly useless those original colours were... I can actually use these lamps now!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:20 PM
i love love love for this, thank you very much! *huggles* :D
Forum Resident
#12 Old 10th May 2008 at 6:20 PM
Thank you!! My current Legacy house is completely built except for lights... now they can have these super-useful lights and not have to sit around skilling in the dark LOL

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:23 AM
Awesome & much needed improvement! Thanks so much!
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
#14 Old 11th May 2008 at 3:46 AM
Imma just declare my undying love for you now mkay? These lamps have never looked so good! The textures are just so... so.... perfectly lampy! I sure am glad I purged my recolours folder a while back, because filling it up with all your goodies is pure joy. Thanks so much!!
Scholar
#15 Old 11th May 2008 at 8:31 AM
Oh...now these lamps make sense in my game. Before your recolors they were only this: BORING. Thank you

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today

My Avatar? It's Corto Maltese - a pirate but a gentleman! His name stands for honor, honesty, confidence and the truth: THE TRUE FACE OF TSR
Inventor
#16 Old 11th May 2008 at 10:09 AM
Really good as now these lamps are useful.
Thank you.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th May 2008 at 11:35 AM
I knew these lamps had it in them Great job!
Instructor
#18 Old 11th May 2008 at 2:57 PM
thank you now we have better lamps. I how you plan to recolor some more table lamps
Instructor
#19 Old 12th May 2008 at 1:17 AM
Thank you for doing what EA did not!
Hear me EA:
The reason I am still addicted to this game is very, very, simple-----MODDERS!!!
Thank you for sharing your talent with the rest of this community.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 21st May 2008 at 6:35 PM
Thank you so much! I've always hated the patterns and colors Maxis provided that never matched any of my decor. These lamps will go with anything and everything! Just what I needed!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 3:50 PM
I love this. They'll go with anyhthing. And old and modern, both. Thanks a lot, now I will actually use those lamps :-D
Test Subject
#22 Old 24th Oct 2008 at 6:08 PM
I am always looking for decent lighting for my sims that I myself would be happy with in my own house, and I have to say a lot of the Maxis-made stuff is rather ugly.

I will make good use of your lights. They look simple, yet good. And as pepsihamster said, they can go with anything.

Thank you
Forum Resident
#23 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:29 AM
I love the simple recolour! Now this lamp will get a lot more use. thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 13th May 2011 at 4:56 PM
Wow. Someone actually made those lamps usable. They practically look like the ones I got at home. Thanks!