Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

3 Base Game Bars Fix (NL/OFB functions enabled) - Updated 2008/09/09, Fixed the wrong animation and missing tabletop sound

by Lord Darcy Posted 10th May 2008 at 7:50 AM - Updated 18th Nov 2011 at 7:36 AM by Lord Darcy : Updated to v1.01

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 12th May 2008 at 4:05 PM
I honestly don't know where we'd be without you fine foobar fixers! Wait, I know, wondering where the leftovers went and needing a drink but not getting one.

Thanks!
Test Subject
#3 Old 12th May 2008 at 4:59 PM
?????? I was able to assign bartenders! my sim runs a lvl 6 restuant and I never had this problem...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 12th May 2008 at 4:59 PM
Thank God
I was actually wondering about this last night.
You my friend are amazing. What would we do without you.

-x-
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th May 2008 at 5:11 PM
Oh, THANK YOU. This is just what I needed. I thought maybe I had some hack conflicts or something because nothing was coming up but juggle tumblers, turns out it was just Maxis idiocy. What a shock. Anyway, thanks very much for fixing one of their mistakes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 12th May 2008 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simplayaj
?????? I was able to assign bartenders! my sim runs a lvl 6 restuant and I never had this problem...

That's because you used bars that came from EPs/SPs, not the ones that came from base game. Did you even read the post? Put one of three base game bars (the cheapest bar, for example) in your restaurant and see whether you can get all the functions without my fix.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Check out my Journal for updates on past creations.
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th May 2008 at 9:05 PM
Thank you for fixing a problem I hadn't even realized I had. There are so many of these EAxis screwups that I've lost count. But you my friend, are on the ball as usual and cranking out fixes left & right! Well done!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:07 PM
Hey, EAxis, I thought that you guys at least had the brains to update your BASE GAME content!
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th May 2008 at 10:20 PM
This couldn't have come at a better time. Just the other night, I was wondering why one of my bars wasn't spawning the bartender. Now I know. Ugh. Thanks again for fixing and cleaning up EA's messes.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 12th May 2008 at 11:25 PM
Ahh thank you for this, I really hated the fact that some bars are just useless in game (I almost never have them at home)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th May 2008 at 2:20 AM
Lord Darcy strikes again! Fixing yet another EAxis "oversight" with incredible ease and grace. Thanks! Keep up the great work!

Hmmmmmm..... maybe you should send a resume' to EA. Then you could get paid to fix all of these stupid little programming blunders. Hey, got anything to fix Securom-related game crashes?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 13th May 2008 at 4:04 PM
Thank you so much for fixing this!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 14th May 2008 at 12:43 AM
Thanks a lot LD!!

No idea what I would do w/o your hacks, Are you going to do the alienware?... Also is there a tutorial on how to update computers? I have lots of custom ones that lack any EP options...

Thanks

Do you like my content? Do you want to buy me a coffee?
Please click this link and help me out:
http://paypal.me/Rich246
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Macey246
Are you going to do the alienware?... Also is there a tutorial on how to update computers? I have lots of custom ones that lack any EP options...

Check out the link in my signature.

NO Requests! | How to update fridges/computers to FT | Booty - Get pay items for free!
Recent Updates: Pie Menu Text Strings Fix | Teen Style Stuff Computer and Stereo Fix | IKEA Home Stuff Objects Fix
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th May 2008 at 9:18 PM
Stupid me :p.... Thanks LD
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#16 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:11 AM
And i thought i had a bug in my game... Stupid EA as usual, only milking customers but not working properly. You're a savior as i'll finally be able to make bar business! Thank you Lord Darcy for correting that most annoying 'bug'!
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th May 2008 at 4:43 AM
Ooooh. I moved in a bartender and killed a few, and now no more respawn when I try to call one--the phone just goes buggy and the Sim hangs up. Is this the bug? And will this fix it? I have basegame/pets.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th May 2008 at 11:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkysims
I moved in a bartender and killed a few, and now no more respawn when I try to call one--the phone just goes buggy and the Sim hangs up. Is this the bug? And will this fix it? I have basegame/pets.

No. This mod fixes codes for base game bars, not bartenders.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 16th May 2008 at 5:27 PM
Gotcha. I'll keep looking, then.

It's obviously a lot of work to have made this, so thank you for sharing it. :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 28th Jun 2008 at 3:13 PM
I also thought I was having a hack conflict and/or glitch in my game. Thank you so much!!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 12:49 PM
Default Updated to v1.01
2008-09-09: Updated to v1.01. Fixed the wrongly assigned slot id and missing tabletop sound.
Thanks to magicmoon for reporting the wrong slot issue.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 10:29 PM
Thanks! (several years later I just now noticed this EA oversight)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Dec 2013 at 5:02 PM
You are amazing! Thankyou!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 10:50 PM
This has been a long standing bug bar ... er, I mean bear. Hope this works.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 7:25 PM
I always wondered what happened with this? Thanks!
Page 1 of 2