Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Wagon Rut Roads- Terrain Replacements for Grass and Dirt

by Phaenoh Posted 30th May 2008 at 8:52 PM - Updated 20th May 2017 at 3:28 AM by Phaenoh

54 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 2:25 PM
I love you Phaenoh!!! Thanks
Forum Resident
#3 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 3:35 PM
My compliments to you! For me this is the best I found until now to give the impression to my special neighbourhood I always wanted to have. Thank you for all the work.
hexameter
Forum Resident
#4 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 6:20 PM
wonderful job, thanks!

"I will gather my wounds forge the end of tragic comedy"
AM
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 7:40 PM
Welcome welcome everyone! Glad you like it too hexameter! Your vehicle replacements were really what prompted this creation.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:06 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 6th Jun 2008 at 8:15 PM. Reason: removed picture shown in upload
Does this angled road feature come with FreeTime or is this a terrain paint? I don't have freetime.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:47 PM
I think it just looks angled but is really straight & going down a hill.

btw...great job!

I have friends, oh, but not today...cause they done washed away... they done washed away.
I got troubles Lord, but not today... cause they're gonna wash away...this ol' bottle gonna take them away...
(from "Wash Away" by Joe Purdy)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:48 PM
Yay! This is great! I have Stev84's Country Roads terrain, also, and like it very much. But I have had no luck changing Veronaville to dirt in order to use the dirt-replacement version. I found this on the MTS2 Wiki Cheats page

"terrainType [Desert/Temperate/Dirt/Concrete]
Change the neighborhood's terrain type. You will have to exit the neighborhood (by entering another one) and return to it before your changes will be visible. Only seems to work for the whole neighborhood when changing to desert. Entering any other type reverts to grass except for lots themselves, but not the neighborhood terrain."

That's pretty much what happened to me. Is there something with the new Free Time EP that makes it possible now? That would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 12:26 AM
OMG this looks amazing!! Thank you so much! I love this mod!
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#10 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 12:42 AM
This is fantastic! Wonderful job.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 10:49 AM
This is wonderful. It's really annoying to play historical Sims and have a freaking highway running across the manor. Excellent indeed.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 11:40 AM
what a cool idea, phaenoh!!! thank u!!!!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 2:23 AM
Awesome. I love playing modern hoods, but have been wanting to make a mini ancient/rural hood/downtown/whatever, for my visitors to go to for a taste of the old life. But all the roads replaced my grass terrains, and I loved those! But now... *dun da na na* thanks to you, I can have both! *hugs Phaenoh and gives you a plate of cookies*
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 2:51 PM
Wow, this is beautiful! Now the dirt roads seem "normal"
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 7:41 PM
this is such a wonderful idea! and i love your idea for riverblossom hills

but what if i do not own freetime? how do i replace roads, without changing everything?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Jun 2008 at 11:27 PM
Don't actually know, sorry!
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 3:38 AM
Hrm. I used the 'replace dirt terrain with grass' option, and there's a problem. While it looks awesome in neighbourhood view, once in a lot the ground is blurry. Like, lowest texture setting blurry.
Another issue is that of course when you're in a lot the street that's part of that lot goes back to the default asphalt and concrete. Would it be possible for you to make a floor that matches the dirt road terrain, or is there already such a floor out there?
Thank you for making this, by the way! I'm sad it doesn't work on the lots for me, it made for a really beautiful 'hood.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:01 AM
See my link to Stev84's threads. He was already aware of these issues and made a terrain paint to fix the blurry grass and ones that are similar to the roads. They don't match exact, but I was getting too frustrated with HomeCrafter to get ones that matched mine exactly.
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 11:19 AM
I wonder something: will this road be applied to all the neigbouhodds of the game, or only to the one you want it? I don't want my normal sims to use this kind of road whereas they have good cars, almost if the sims of my medieval neighbourhood are happy of it... (sorry if my english is not very good, but i'm learning it at school )
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 4:35 PM
It will be applied to all terrains. Thats why there is the option to change your (relatively worthless) dirt terrain to grass with dirt roads, in case you don't want all your grass hoods to have dirt roads.
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 2:14 PM
Ah, ok! Thank you , I hadn't understood very well the explanations above ^^
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 7:47 AM
Hi, I've started using this and noticed that my hood looks much more realistic.
Except for one thing, the lots still have the asphalt roads in them. I came here to see if I forgot to download something or if there were a floor that could be used instead of the asphalt but couldn't find any. Pretty please, will you make some to match the hood roads?

SIMale the Simlish linguist. Simlish made easy: Version 1 & 2 and Version 3 & Comic (Now only available at IS)
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 5:20 PM
See my links to stev's thread, mine are similar to his so they should work well enough. Personally, I just use the dirt terrain paint and no floor tiles.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 4th Jul 2008 at 11:07 AM
gaaaaaa!!!
I love you!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 2:17 PM
Thank you, this is really useful and well done.
Thanks again!
Page 1 of 3