Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Natural Beauty: Idolatry of Flesh Redux

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:28 PM

144 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 132 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 6
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:47 PM
Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

Will they replace the older ones?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:57 PM
BloodRaven_1564 - They don't replace anything. They're completely new and fully custom so they're more an add-on than any kind of replacement.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:55 PM
Gorgeous presentation and product, thanks so much !

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 10:56 PM
These are beautiful! Just what I was looking for. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:09 PM
Very very Wonderful!
Thank you so much!!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:20 PM
Wow!! You continue to amaze me Do you have any plans to redo your defaults? Either way, these are BEAUTIFUL!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:21 PM
Wow, thanks! I'll be sure to check them out when I get them into BS. It's not that hard to make something Townie-friendly anyways, so I'll probably be doing that. :3 I dl'ed your original set a long time ago, although I edited them to my own needs, admittedly. After which I got really burned out on making skins for a while. XD It's nice that now I don't have to (although I probably will be making some more later. Just cause).

Also, thanks for writing down where to find the poses under--I've been google-failing for about an hour now. So...thanks.

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:25 PM
awww, I like the originals very much and the recolors are so beautiful! >.< Thanks!
shiny!
retired moderator
#10 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spiffeystar
Wow!! You continue to amaze me Do you have any plans to redo your defaults? Either way, these are BEAUTIFUL!!

I'm in the process of making defaults from these
Test Subject
#11 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:36 PM
My downloads folder is going to hate me for this but the pale skins in particular are just too good not to have.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:36 PM
While I use your green Idolatry skin as my alien replacement, I'll be honest and tell you that the lighter shades of your original set were deleted as soon as I saw them in game. And, while I was a fan of the coloring and shading on the darker tones, especially on the body, the facial texturing was iffy, especially around the eyes. I still liked the skins enough to use some makeup to get around that, but I'm glad to see more skins with different facial textures. Especially since I thought you actually got the shade of the darker tones correct, which a great deal of skin makers aren't able to do.

Going to check these out--always happy to get more skins into my gigantic skin folder!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:46 PM
Quinctia - Heh, well, to each their own - I did try to lighten the area around the eyes on the darker skins in this set to reduce the heavy shadow look. I don't 100% love every one of 'em but I figure there's enough variety here for most tastes, and once I can stand to look at skins again, I might do a few more unique faces in the darker/midtone range to flesh out the set a bit more. Flesh it out. Tee hee, I made a funny.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:10 AM
oh god, these are amazing! i really like the fact that the faces are different from each other, it gives some variety to my game which i think it's great
thanks a lot for sharing! ^^

so mee, (: ~ aguantt el trioo galletaaaa :O
Scholar
#15 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:27 AM Last edited by sim~obsessor : 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:53 AM.
oo these are great HP
i have to confess that; due to the settings on my monitor..most of your previous skins were *FAR* to yellow/orange so i had to remove them...but these look excellent! none of them seem yellow to me! this is really great...thanks.
(also...i love your screenshots. how did you do the light rays? NL rave lamp?)
Test Subject
#16 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 12:36 AM
I really do hate you HP Just when I think I've FINALLY finished genetisising and townifiing ALL my many skintones, you do this to me!

*Shakes fist and wanders off to go fire up SimPE*

Can't stop the signal
Scholar
#17 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:19 AM
Beautiful skintones. I really like the Innuendo, Intuition, Adoration, and Subtlety skintones. Great job!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 2:56 AM
Very beautiful skintones!I downloaded your previous set but I thought the skins were a bit too yellow and the default set too dark, but these have a very beautiful rosy tone, that I love!Thanks a lot!

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Instructor
#19 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:04 AM
Great skintones!
Thanks

"Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio."

- William Shakespere ~ Hamlet
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 3:34 AM
*drools* Ok hysterical your gonna kill me but anyway.

Personally i thought your other skin tones where bland as well and i didn't like the colours really , but now that you have made new recolours and different faces i love them Btw you were right about they make your sims look ugly if its an ugly sim and make's your sim look pretty when the sim is pretty. ok im officially weird.

Thanks for the skins ^^

Creativity is more important then Knowledge
Instructor
#21 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:39 AM
Ok I'm sorry, but do you people hear yourselves. "I hated your other skintones but I guess I'll try these out." Have none of you ever heard if you can't say something nice say nothing at all. If you don't like what a creator has made for FREE then make your own stuff and then post it. You people are ungrateful and rude to boot. I don't even comment here or socialize on MTS2 any more because you all have become greedy and complacent in demanding things from people. So yeah, if it were me I'd snatch my skins down, the old and new ones too.

Sorry HP, I didn't mean to thread jump but I couldn't just not say anything. I have your skintones and everything else you've created and I love all of it. I'm also super excited to see new tones from you and I appreciate that you did this for free for the community. Again I apologize and feel free to remove it but I felt it had to be said.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:55 AM Last edited by LiterateCat : 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:01 AM.
At least me, I'm not saying I hated HP's former skins.I just said that these skintones are an improvement of her former skins and that I like these much better.And I'm saying this to hers because we should tell the creators what we like and what we don't like, to allow the creator to improve his/her work.If we just lick the creator's boots, we are not being helpful to him/her.

Need to bin the hair you create? To geneticize your eyeset or skinset? so PM me!:)
Forum Resident
#23 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 4:59 AM
ooh! These are nice! Thanks!
Scholar
#24 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:02 AM
yes. that is part of being in a community like this. it provides helpfull feedback so creators know what people like and dont like about there sets and can improve upon them. for instance; HP now knows that noone realy perfers yellow-ey skins and can try to avoid that. its not being rude---if anything it whould be rude to go "I THESE ARE FANTASTIC I LOVE THEM ALL OO THANK YOU" when you really dont like them. you provide feedback to the creator so they know what the people want. not rude at all. if *you* dont like it then maybee communities like this arnt for you...

and to avoid totaly and complete hijacking: again: i love this. i just opened them in bodyshop and there great. every skin makes the same sim looks far diffrent; i dont think there is a skin set like this out there. thanks agian and keep it up.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2008 at 5:55 AM
Adorable!!

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Page 1 of 6