Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vampire Default Replacement Using HystericalParoxysm's Nobility Skintone (Updated 1st Dec 2010)

by cheesecake_twins Posted 12th Aug 2008 at 8:30 PM - Updated 1st Dec 2010 at 9:02 PM by cheesecake_twins : Added links to Idolatry related downloads

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 22 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 12th Aug 2008 at 11:35 PM
wow I think this is a really good download! I really don't like the skins the vampires get in the game normally, but these are pretty cool

also- where do you get the hair that the man in the last picture under screenshots has?
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 6:27 AM
i've wanted this skin for vamps since forever, thanks so much.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 8:02 AM Last edited by RoyalHankey : 13th Aug 2008 at 10:30 AM.
Have you got to download the cc seperatly or is it included in the package?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by krd123
where do you get the hair that the man in the last picture under screenshots has?

Sorry, I forgot to include that in the cc list! It's from the Sims 2 Store.

Quote: Originally posted by RoyalHankey
Have you got to download the cc seperatly or is it included in the package?

The only thing included in the package is the skintone itself. I just listed all the different custom content I used in the pictures for informational purposes only.

Thanks for the replies! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 6:50 PM
These skin tones look really good, thanks for sharing.

Will you be uploading the models?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElectroHowie
These skin tones look really good, thanks for sharing.

Will you be uploading the models?

All the models (except for the guy I used in the full body shot) use terrakosmos' facial templates with no facial sculpting done by me, so I wouldn't upload them. I might consider uploading Mr. Body Shot (He doesn't have a name in game yet) because he is my own work.
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 11:31 AM
It's a fantastic skintone ! I have just one question : is it a transparent skin (layer) that goes over the original skintone of the character ? Or is it the same plain color for everyone ? I just want to know that for two reasons :

1) I love that my dark skined sims stay a little darker than the other, it wouldn't seem natural that the pale ones and the dark ones have all the same skintone when become vampires...
2) I use skintones with body hair for my males and I'm wondering if they will keep their body hair in transparencies when they became vampires... (sorry for my bad english, I hope you'll understand my question :p)

Great skintones ! :D
Inventor
#9 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 5:37 PM
Cyjon has created a hack that in my game takes the Vampire Fangs away so they don't flash. So you can fix General Zoi's fangs and have real Vampires that don't flash.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=283059

Version 1 of Cyjon's Hack works with all EP's through Seasons. If you have Bon Voyage, FreeTime or Apartment Life you must DL version 2. I have tested these under several different circumstances and it is working properly for me. However I understand for some people the fangs do show normally. Under my configuration the fangs do not show but it is not a problem thanks to General Zoi.

http://drupal.cyjon.net/node/96
Test Subject
#10 Old 16th Sep 2008 at 12:46 AM
Lovely. :]

I'm curious, are these skins Twilight inspired?
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 21st Jan 2009 at 6:49 AM
Wow, subtle but noticeable effect. Fantastic for those who want their vampires pale, not blue.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 4:33 PM
I like the skin and how it changes the "Maxis" version but I am having a small problem...the face of my sim still has some bluish skin. How can i fix this?
Test Subject
#13 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 8:47 PM
i've been having a kind of problem with mine
i downloaded this skin, but for some inexplicable reason, the sims faces and hands still turn blue. i'm downloading the idolatry skintones now to see if that will have any difference, but i think it may have something to do with the whole custom skins thing- does it work on custom skins?
(also, my sister was looking over my shoulder when i looked at this, and she had a fangirl moment, and i quote, "OMG!!! TWILIGHT!!!")
Were these, by any chance, twilight-vampire based? (i'd love to see one where they sparkle!!! lol!)
Thanks!
Cullenfan1234
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
Nice. The blue-ish skins were annoying.

Winners never quit, and quiters never win.

Those who never win and never quit are idiots.
Test Subject
#15 Old 7th May 2009 at 1:38 PM
Hey, if you download the -no red eyes- file, will your sims keep their original eye color or just have the maxis eye color? Sorry if it's a stupid question.
GORGEOUS skins btw. I HATED the maxis skins. WTH?! Blue?
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CullenFan1234
i've been having a kind of problem with mine
i downloaded this skin, but for some inexplicable reason, the sims faces and hands still turn blue. i'm downloading the idolatry skintones now to see if that will have any difference, but i think it may have something to do with the whole custom skins thing- does it work on custom skins?
(also, my sister was looking over my shoulder when i looked at this, and she had a fangirl moment, and i quote, "OMG!!! TWILIGHT!!!")
Were these, by any chance, twilight-vampire based? (i'd love to see one where they sparkle!!! lol!)
Thanks!
Cullenfan1234

Yeah, mt too! Can you fix it?
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 3:10 PM
youre an angel. thanks
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th May 2010 at 9:31 PM
Thank you for this wonderful default conversion - finally my vampires look attractive!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 23rd May 2010 at 2:17 AM
neat but i have to say i hate twilight XD

Hi.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2010 at 12:49 AM
Thx I really hate the maxis vamp skin but LOVE this!
Test Subject
#21 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 8:48 AM
Hi do i need the other skins buy the other person for this or no Thanx
PLZ REPLY!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 9:34 PM
Sorry for taking so long to reply to the questions...I've been computerless and without internet for more than two years until just recently.

Quote: Originally posted by Sims-Fanatic21
do i need the other skins buy the other person for this...

No, the original skin(s) by HystericalParoxysm are not needed for this default replacement to work.

Quote: Originally posted by densonl88
I like the skin and how it changes the "Maxis" version but I am having a small problem...the face of my sim still has some bluish skin. How can i fix this?

I am sorry, but I have tried to replicate the problem and am unable to. I even redownloaded the skintones from here instead of using the ones I have had forever on a zip drive and still nothing similar to your issue. The only thing I can think of is maybe you have another default replacement vampire skintone lurking somewhere in your downloads folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 27th Nov 2010 at 11:16 PM
Thanxs so much you are amazing!
Its so awesome!
:D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:50 AM
why don't they burn if their in sunlight?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by abiegalie
why don't they burn if their in sunlight?

It was actually night in-game when I took the pictures, but if you go into buy or build mode and hit 'L' on your keyboard it will toggle from day to night, or vice versa. To get rid of the grid before I took the picture I selected the recolor tool and then I was able to take the picture as if I was in live mode.
Page 1 of 2