Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elder Female "Base Face Template" Chin Fix

by Sim-Wolf Posted 30th Sep 2008 at 12:15 PM - Updated 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:05 PM by Sim-Wolf

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 12:39 PM
Do you know if this will conflict if we have any default templates already?
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 6:00 PM
Thank you! I've never really used this face for the sole reason the elder female face looked so distorted...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 6:21 PM
This annoys me as well XD. Such a pain!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 6:32 PM
wowsers! thank you! i had one of my models with this face age to an elder for a photo shoot of mine, and i was HORRIFIED at how it made her go all gaunt and icky. thanks LOADS for this!
Field Researcher
#6 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 8:18 PM
Few of our adults are allowed to age, but I have a feeling that a lot of them probably use this face, so for the few that do age, thank you.
Instructor
#7 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:19 AM
• Also, if you have any other replacement mods which edit or replace the "base" face template for Elder females, they will most likely conflict. I doubt you will have any however.

Actually there are more than a dozen complete sets of face template replacements now which do include Elders, and they are quite popular, so it's not as unlikely as you might think.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 2:20 AM
Wow, I thought I was the only one that noticed this.. Thank you so much!

Strangers Are Just Friends waiting to happen =]
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 4:37 AM
Thanks! I call this face the Jennifer Burb face. Lovely as an adult, horrific as an elder. Not any more! :D
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 6:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missybrina
Do you know if this will conflict if we have any default templates already?

I really like this fix as well, but that is something I would like to know, since I have default templates.
Instructor
#11 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 7:28 AM
This will conflict with any face template set that includes a template for Elder female face #2. Any such set you might have would presumably have already done something about the horrible chin. However, if you like this one better than the one you have, most of the sets I've seen are arranged so you can mix and match the faces--just take out the one that came with your set and put this one in instead.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 8:52 AM
good work really!! but I too have face replacement already i really like. and i'm wondering too if there will be any trouble.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 9:47 AM
That´s really great! It seems Maxis never heard about cosmetics, plastic surgery or facial gymnastics!! Thank you for this wonderful idea!

Visit (site in portuguese):
http://www.thesims2elitte.kinghost.net/
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 12:34 PM
There's a much easier way to replace the thumbnail! Simply in game, in the CAS, press CTRL and at the same time right-click on one thumbnail and it will refresh! You should include that in the first post.

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmberDiceless
• Also, if you have any other replacement mods which edit or replace the "base" face template for Elder females, they will most likely conflict. I doubt you will have any however.

Actually there are more than a dozen complete sets of face template replacements now which do include Elders, and they are quite popular, so it's not as unlikely as you might think.

There shouldn't be any conflicts with any other face replacements unless it uses that specific "base" face template. I doubt you will have one because it is one of the very very few faces which aren't very ugly. Besides, it only corrects that one face, so if you have replaced it with something else, you will not need this mod.

Like I said, it shoudn't conflict with any other face template replacements. If you are unsure, open your replacement file in SimPE and see if any of the files are titled with "base" in it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by psychosim0
There's a much easier way to replace the thumbnail! Simply in game, in the CAS, press CTRL and at the same time right-click on one thumbnail and it will refresh! You should include that in the first post.

Oh. That's so cool. Thanks so much for this info, I will add it right away.
Instructor
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim-Wolf
There shouldn't be any conflicts with any other face replacements unless it uses that specific "base" face template. I doubt you will have one because it is one of the very very few faces which aren't very ugly. Besides, it only corrects that one face, so if you have replaced it with something else, you will not need this mod.

Like I said, it shoudn't conflict with any other face template replacements. If you are unsure, open your replacement file in SimPE and see if any of the files are titled with "base" in it.

Sorry, but yes, it does. After checking each one out in SimPE, all of the following template sets do replace efArchBase_tslocator_gmdc, and therefore (unless altered by the end user) will conflict with this mod:

AllenABQ's
AmberDiceless's
Starlit's
Terrakosmos'
selzi's
Katuchan's
bruna00000's
sarakadie's
Pooklet's

I did not check every existing set, so there may be others. Please don't make blanket assumptions about what mods other people do or don't have in their games; it's a dangerous habit and a disservice to your downloaders and to other modders.

Incidentally, for future reference: you don't need to include the Geometric Node, Resource Node, or Shape files in a face template replacement. Just the two GMDC's will do the job, and some people don't even bother with the LOD version.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:03 PM
Sorry, but yes, it does. After checking each one out in SimPE, all of the following template sets do replace efArchBase_tslocator_gmdc, and therefore (unless altered by the end user) will conflict with this mod:

AllenABQ's
AmberDiceless's
Starlit's
Terrakosmos'
selzi's
Katuchan's
bruna00000's
sarakadie's
Pooklet's

I did not check every existing set, so there may be others. Please don't make blanket assumptions about what mods other people do or don't have in their games; it's a dangerous habit and a disservice to your downloaders and to other modders.

Incidentally, for future reference: you don't need to include the Geometric Node, Resource Node, or Shape files in a face template replacement. Just the two GMDC's will do the job, and some people don't even bother with the LOD version.

I did not say it would not conflict. I said it WOULD conflict with any mods which edit the same elder female "base" face template, but not any other face templates.

The only reason I assumed that there would not be much mods out there which edit the same face is because it is one of the only good-looking faces (in my opinion) in the game, so why would anyone want to replace it?
Instructor
#19 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 4:54 PM
The only reason I assumed that there would not be much mods out there which edit the same face is because it is one of the only good-looking faces (in my opinion) in the game, so why would anyone want to replace it?

I apologize for getting in your face about the whole thing; it was uncalled for and rude of me, and if I'd given it a little more thought I might not have said anything at all. It's not like it's a big game-busting issue even if there is a conflict. One face would likely just override the other.

At any rate, for whatever reason, yeah, quite a few people have replaced it. I think in some cases it's not so much that the Maxis face itself is bad as that people just don't like the whole Maxis look and prefer all the faces to match some other style, or they want more variety and routinely switch out or mix and match face sets, or they want an entire neighborhood of Asian Sims, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Oct 2008 at 10:42 PM
I apologize for getting in your face about the whole thing; it was uncalled for and rude of me, and if I'd given it a little more thought I might not have said anything at all. It's not like it's a big game-busting issue even if there is a conflict. One face would likely just override the other.

At any rate, for whatever reason, yeah, quite a few people have replaced it. I think in some cases it's not so much that the Maxis face itself is bad as that people just don't like the whole Maxis look and prefer all the faces to match some other style, or they want more variety and routinely switch out or mix and match face sets, or they want an entire neighborhood of Asian Sims, etc.

I think I should apologize too. I don't know why, but I've been really moody this week, even though there's been nothing really different to upset me. I have one very active user on my own forums on my fansite and I feel that I am being really moody towards him.

But I understand now. Although I'm not one for a complete custom neighbourhood (you know with all those replacement skins, eyes, and such), but I can still see where you are coming from.

I was actually thinking of editing all the ugly face templates in BodyShop to suit my personal satisfaction. I dislike faces that have oversized sticking out mouths and strange noses if you understand what I'm saying, although I can never be bothered. lol. I'll need to have a look round at that list you posted. I did look at a couple, but the images were of Sims with custom skins, so I couldn't know what the faces actually looked like on non-cc Sims.
Instructor
#21 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:10 AM
I was actually thinking of editing all the ugly face templates in BodyShop to suit my personal satisfaction. I dislike faces that have oversized sticking out mouths and strange noses if you understand what I'm saying, although I can never be bothered. lol. I'll need to have a look round at that list you posted. I did look at a couple, but the images were of Sims with custom skins, so I couldn't know what the faces actually looked like on non-cc Sims.

I can tell you from experience that it's a big project and you'll never be a hundred percent satisfied, but it's still a really neat feeling to make your own complete set. Most of the template sets here on MTS2 have got links to the other sets the creators knew about at the time they were posted; I think altogether there's something like fifteen full or partial sets floating around, and most of them are set up so you can choose the faces you want a la carte, so if you go that route you shouldn't have any trouble finding faces you'll like.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 9:29 PM
If you like the overall Maxis look, but hate the ugliness with those faces, check out Selzi's newest faces. She's done a great job on those hideous faces you describe.

This is a great fix, by the way. Just a shame I can't use it since I'm using the above replacements - not to mention it wouldn't affect poor Jenny Smith, who suffers that disfigurement when she ages *shudder* I'll have to rely on the trusty surgerizer for that one, methinks.

Thanks for the work anyway

Please don't PM/IM me with requests
Test Subject
#23 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 4:22 PM
lolz, sim-wolf you have so mastered sim plastic surgery for elders, now they can be gorgeous 'til they 'die'!
Forum Resident
#24 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 4:38 PM
OMG i love you! the adult face is so pretty and then it looks so strange and ugly...
thank you soooo much!!!
Instructor
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2008 at 10:03 PM
Awesome! Thank you so much for this.

Melissa
Page 1 of 2