Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Community Garden

by aixlachaise Posted 13th Oct 2008 at 1:39 AM

25 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 18 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
#2 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 1:47 AM
Wonderful idea and a lovely lot.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 4:39 AM
I agree, a great idea. Thanks for the hard work. This will come in handy for the sims who don't have a big yard to have there own garden.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 6:12 AM
thanks! i wish i could visit this in real life. lol it's fantastic!! i'm sure my simmies will love it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 8:43 AM
This looks so good! I wanted something exactly like this for those poor apartment sims.
Instructor
#6 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 2:04 PM
Yaaaay! This is wonderful. Reminds me of the community gardens where I grew up (yes, I was raised by filthy hippies...and proud of it haha). Anyway, lovely lot. Thank you so much for sharing.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:28 PM
Why this is brilliant. It will go perfectly in my beach/mountain/farming neighborhood, where many of my sims are happy to be hippies. I don't know why I didn't think of this, but I'm so glad that you did! Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 5:44 PM
What a fantastic idea...I love it!! My apartment sims will love to visit this garden & get some veggies! Thanks!
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 8:47 PM
Very cool idea and it looks so pretty too! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 9:29 PM
This is a lovely idea and it looks beautiful! Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#11 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 9:24 AM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 2:36 PM
Thank you. This is great. I did something similar with the park in Bluewater Village. This will go nicely in the downtown hood.
Test Subject
#13 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 6:27 AM
What a great lot! I wish I could put this lot in my game, but since I am a Mac user, I don't have all the required expansions. (I tried, but after everything I could think of, it still crashed)

You have inspired me to try building a similar lot, and I was wondering if I could implore you to share some tips with me - specifically, how to get the crops in (I assume I need a Sim to plant, and then move them out and rezone?)

And, how to get everything ripe at the same time before I change the lot zoning.

Thanks so much for this idea!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:59 AM
What I did was build the lot on a community lot to the point where I was ready to add the harvestable plants. Then, I had a sim buy the lot (need the OFB ep for that). My sim went to the lot and planted everything... I originally had him tending the plants but I figured out halfway through that you can cheat. I THINK you turn on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then press shift and click on the plant and select "make harvestable" but it's been awhile so I'm not 100% sure on that part. Anyway, once the plants are all ready, have your sim go home and sell the community lot, then it is ready to go. You might be able to do it without OFB by making the lot a residential lot then using cheats to change it to community. Good luck!

Quote: Originally posted by powzie
What a great lot! I wish I could put this lot in my game, but since I am a Mac user, I don't have all the required expansions. (I tried, but after everything I could think of, it still crashed)

You have inspired me to try building a similar lot, and I was wondering if I could implore you to share some tips with me - specifically, how to get the crops in (I assume I need a Sim to plant, and then move them out and rezone?)

And, how to get everything ripe at the same time before I change the lot zoning.

Thanks so much for this idea!!
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 4:03 AM
Thank you so much! I will try the testing cheats on the lot I am playing with, and if that doesn't work, I'll try the OFB method.

This is such a great idea!! It makes the neighborhood so much like a real neighborhood!

Quote: Originally posted by aixlachaise
What I did was build the lot on a community lot to the point where I was ready to add the harvestable plants. Then, I had a sim buy the lot (need the OFB ep for that). My sim went to the lot and planted everything... I originally had him tending the plants but I figured out halfway through that you can cheat. I THINK you turn on boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and then press shift and click on the plant and select "make harvestable" but it's been awhile so I'm not 100% sure on that part. Anyway, once the plants are all ready, have your sim go home and sell the community lot, then it is ready to go. You might be able to do it without OFB by making the lot a residential lot then using cheats to change it to community. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Aug 2009 at 1:16 AM
I like this lot. Several of my sims went there over several game weeks. Then, I had a sim get stuck behind bushes and went to the lot in build mode and removed them. Came back, plants were dead with no fruit. Bulldozed the lot and put a duplicate in from the sim bin. Dead plants. Reinstalled the package, put in a new garden in a new place in the hood. Dead plants. Redownloaded, installed, put in a new place in the hood. Dead plants. Any ideas what is wrong? This lot worked 'for a while'.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 19th Aug 2009 at 10:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by deann000
I like this lot. Several of my sims went there over several game weeks. Then, I had a sim get stuck behind bushes and went to the lot in build mode and removed them. Came back, plants were dead with no fruit. Bulldozed the lot and put a duplicate in from the sim bin. Dead plants. Reinstalled the package, put in a new garden in a new place in the hood. Dead plants. Redownloaded, installed, put in a new place in the hood. Dead plants. Any ideas what is wrong? This lot worked 'for a while'.

I'm sorry, I'm really not sure what could be causing that... it's so weird that the plants were dead even after you bulldozed and replaced it. If you delete the file you have and redownload it, that may work.
Test Subject
#18 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 12:59 PM
omg this is exactly what ive been looking for tyty for sharing this!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 4:55 AM
I made a community garden but it was NOTHING like this! Your garden is so beautiful i want to go and sit in there myself! :-))

I cannot find the 'modern fencing' - which i would love to get for my farming sims. Does anyone know where i can get this?
Instructor
#20 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 12:37 PM
It's gorgeous, it looks so lush and pleasant! Definitely the next CL I'm installing. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 11:04 PM
What a fantastic Idea!!! Thank you for sharing....can't wait to try it out in my game!!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#22 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 11:07 PM
What a wonderful idea! I was looking for a way to test some produce barrels that buy and sell harvestables - this will work great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM
This is wonderful! Very, very nicely done. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jan 2016 at 9:05 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:19 PM
This is really cool! Perfect for my apartment-bound nature enthusiasts and also culinary types who'll love the fresh star-quality produce extra much XD thank you!
Page 1 of 2