Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 6:05 PM
Oh,no need to answer previous question!I already understood it!Just say me where is Build DXT!
Advertisement
Sockpuppet
#27 Old 8th Oct 2011 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KindGenius
But GMND doesn't change and In need to add a custom texture.I need to know what tipe of block I need to add and how to rename it(because it's not working the way CatOfEvilGenius said)!

duplicating and relinking textures can be a pain.
I once wrote a tutorial how to easily add new subsets to outfits.
This will give you the option to add more meshgroups and textures.
But it is easier to start with a outfit that already uses 2 meshgroups
http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,51352.0.html

In SimPE you have the option to build DXT's:
http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...8&topic=11026.0
Field Researcher
#28 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 10:33 AM
Thanks,but I have already solved those problems.
Sockpuppet
#29 Old 13th Oct 2011 at 11:54 AM
Your welcome....
Instructor
#30 Old 19th Mar 2012 at 1:47 PM
Default weird transparency issue
I've made an aphadress. It works fine except it has strange transparency issues despite checking everything as best as I could. It was driving me crazy until I examined Cat's alpha skirt used in this tut and saw the exact same issues.
It appears that from certain angles the far parts of the skirt show through the near parts, as seen in the middle two pics, indicated by the arrows (it's the dark parts I'm worried about, not the calf clipping).
So I'm starting to think it's either unavoidable or it has something to do with graphics cards or settings.
Could someone please offer some advice?
Screenshots
Sockpuppet
#31 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
Depending if you actual want to use the transparancy there is not much you can do about im afraid.
The issues are less when the skirt is transparant but if you are not using the transparancy and
just want to be able to cut away pieces of the mesh with the use of the texture file you be better of with diffrent settings in the TXMT's.
Change the alphablendmode settings back to none and enable the alphatestenabled to 1 and you will be able to make alpha edits on the texture(with result on the mesh) without having any opacity issue's.
Transparancy however is no longer supported then.
Instructor
#32 Old 25th Mar 2012 at 11:50 PM
Thank you for the confirmation - in the meanwhile I've looked at other alpha meshes and found the same issue so I guessed it was unavoidable with transparency. But's it's reassuring to hear the same from someone who really knows these things
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 5:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gwenke33
Thank you for the confirmation - in the meanwhile I've looked at other alpha meshes and found the same issue so I guessed it was unavoidable with transparency. But's it's reassuring to hear the same from someone who really knows these things

Eep, I hadn't noticed the skirt was doing that. The TXMT advice already given is spot on, if you're going with a full length dress.

All I might add, for transparent skirts, is try making the "inner layer" even narrower, maybe 2 or 3 percent scale. Might help, without looking too odd, might not.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Page 2 of 2