Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 3244 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:36 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sunburn
My sim-daughter got a sunburn while on vacation with her family. They've now returned home (where they live on a beach lot) and her sunburn has lasted for days and days.

I read elsewhere that having them sunbathe again can actually be helpful, so I sent her outside for some more bonding time with the sun.

I was thrilled when I saw that her face was tan, with no more burn...BUT shocked to see that the rest of her body is still hot pink! Help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsBaby01
My sim-daughter got a sunburn while on vacation with her family. They've now returned home (where they live on a beach lot) and her sunburn has lasted for days and days.

I read elsewhere that having them sunbathe again can actually be helpful, so I sent her outside for some more bonding time with the sun.

I was thrilled when I saw that her face was tan, with no more burn...BUT shocked to see that the rest of her body is still hot pink! Help!

I had the same issue right after I installed BV. I was like..." Umm is this young man going to ever lose his burn? "

Unfortunately I did it the easy way after 2 weeks of waiting for the young man to come back to normal skin tone and to no avail until I used SimPE.

I don't suggest doing this unless you know what your doing in SimPE though.

Aside from that the only other option you would have is what you tried already. I did that myself thinking that would fix it and although the face changed to Tan the rest of his body did not. So I used SimPE to resolve the issue and as of this day I only subathe my sims if they have it as a want. And even then sometimes I still won't allow it. Just because I don't want to have to deal with logging out of the game to change it back to regular skin tones.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#3 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 2:29 PM
Try this: Game Help:Force Error or Resetwiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
A missing part of me that grows around me like a cage
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 2:29 PM
Don't bother trying to do it with SimPE; download the FFS debugger from MATY and choose 'Fix... tans and burns'. Go to the directory for your latest EP, choose hacks and then FFSdebugger.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Forcing an error doesn't usually work with stuck burns.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH

Section jump