Home | Help | Download | Community | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 3 (Who?), Viewed: 3137 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:36 AM
Default Sunburn
My sim-daughter got a sunburn while on vacation with her family. They've now returned home (where they live on a beach lot) and her sunburn has lasted for days and days.

I read elsewhere that having them sunbathe again can actually be helpful, so I sent her outside for some more bonding time with the sun.

I was thrilled when I saw that her face was tan, with no more burn...BUT shocked to see that the rest of her body is still hot pink! Help!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 4:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimsBaby01
My sim-daughter got a sunburn while on vacation with her family. They've now returned home (where they live on a beach lot) and her sunburn has lasted for days and days.

I read elsewhere that having them sunbathe again can actually be helpful, so I sent her outside for some more bonding time with the sun.

I was thrilled when I saw that her face was tan, with no more burn...BUT shocked to see that the rest of her body is still hot pink! Help!

I had the same issue right after I installed BV. I was like..." Umm is this young man going to ever lose his burn? "

Unfortunately I did it the easy way after 2 weeks of waiting for the young man to come back to normal skin tone and to no avail until I used SimPE.

I don't suggest doing this unless you know what your doing in SimPE though.

Aside from that the only other option you would have is what you tried already. I did that myself thinking that would fix it and although the face changed to Tan the rest of his body did not. So I used SimPE to resolve the issue and as of this day I only subathe my sims if they have it as a want. And even then sometimes I still won't allow it. Just because I don't want to have to deal with logging out of the game to change it back to regular skin tones.
Née whiterider
staff: administrator
#3 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 2:29 PM
Try this: Game Help:Force Error or Resetwiki

"On the page, punctuation performs its grammatical function, but in the mind of the reader it does more than that. It tells the reader how to hum the tune." - Lynn Truss, Eats, Shoots and Leaves
'Death, death, death' Until the sun cries morning
staff: retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2008 at 2:29 PM
Don't bother trying to do it with SimPE; download the FFS debugger from MATY and choose 'Fix... tans and burns'. Go to the directory for your latest EP, choose hacks and then FFSdebugger.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/
Forcing an error doesn't usually work with stuck burns.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH Headlong Flight Performing Arts Award Star Rush OC
Please check out my profile policies before PMing me! Thanks.

Section jump