Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Polo Shirts & Shorts for Girls

by fakepeeps7 Posted 20th Jan 2009 at 4:56 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 1:12 AM by fakepeeps7

21 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 5:12 AM
These are really cute! I love the soft colors you used on the striped polo's! =)

Thank you!!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 5:56 AM
Thank you
Not actually evil.
#4 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:39 AM
I like the flower shorts a lot!

The Maxis shorts mesh is borked. The UV map on it is too high, so it doesn't work well with several tops, including the OFB girls blouse. This is why I made a fixed kids shorts mesh with better UV mapping.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=293217

Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
I wish I'd had this corrected UV when I made my Aloha Collection! Oh, well.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Scholar
#5 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:36 AM
Default Your clothing
I just have to stop and do more than press the thanks button. Your clothes for kids are wonderful!!! It adds so much to the game to not have everyone in the neighborhood wearing the same few worthwhile choices Maxis gave us. I just love the little jumpers and boots you made the other day, and at last we now have real little girl shorts.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 11:06 AM
Cute, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 12:24 PM
Very cute!!!I like it very much!
Rubric Wrangler
#8 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 1:01 PM
Love the polos, very stripey (much like the entirety of my real-life wardrobe!). Absolutely darling!
Test Subject
#9 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 3:09 PM
These are great!! Thanks!!
Forum Resident
#10 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 3:57 PM
Yay, some stuff for my little girls who hate dresses!

Nightly
"...because as you know, Betty is the God of Arm Hair."
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 5:55 PM
These are really cute,
Can i ask where you got the AL hair conversions? :]
Test Subject
#12 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 5:58 PM
These will be over-abused in my game :D

I remember using this kind of outfits when I was little, and loving it. It's great you made these super cute clothes for our sims girls!

Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
These are really cute,
Can i ask where you got the AL hair conversions? :]

melodie9 made those. Aren't they cute?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
I like the flower shorts a lot!

The Maxis shorts mesh is borked. The UV map on it is too high, so it doesn't work well with several tops, including the OFB girls blouse. This is why I made a fixed kids shorts mesh with better UV mapping.

http://www.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=293217

Yeah, I know the Maxis mesh is borked. I found that out when I went to put the polo shirts with it. So this version is fixed at the top and at the bottom of the shorts (they were displaying skin tone on the underside of the shorts, so I fixed that, too).
Not actually evil.
#15 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 7:56 PM
Oops, I didn't notice you made another shorts mesh. I thought the text said Maxis shorts mesh. Now I'm confused again. Did my mesh not suit your purposes? Was there something specifically different you wanted, like different feet? Not trying to give you a hard time, make whatever you like.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Oops, I didn't notice you made another shorts mesh. I thought the text said Maxis shorts mesh. Now I'm confused again. Did my mesh not suit your purposes? Was there something specifically different you wanted, like different feet? Not trying to give you a hard time, make whatever you like.

I just added different feet. I wanted to be able to put shoes on them (not just sandals).

Aside from the change in UV mapping (and some small vertex corrections on the fat morph), the shorts are still the Maxis mesh; I didn't change the shape at all.
Not actually evil.
#17 Old 20th Jan 2009 at 9:04 PM
Yeah, I noticed the feet were different. Mine can wear tennis shoes, sandals, slip ons, whatever, but I had to modify the shoe textures to make all those shoes, and I didn't do the girls Mary Janes your models wear. Changing shoe textures is not a 5 minute process, so I can totally see why you'd rather just stick different feet on them.

Have you thought of adding a link to your Aloha themed stuff? In Related Pages maybe? These shorts would go really well with it.

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 7:47 PM
These are really awsome, Thank You
Field Researcher
#19 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 5:29 AM
Great job.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 5:39 AM
SO BADLY NEEDED! How did I miss these all this time? My poor girls don't have any shorts. Now thanks to you they do, and some nice tops to go with them. Thank a million times over. My girls thank you too! :)
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 9:50 PM
Default Can someone help me where i can find the meshes for these
Hey there,
I am new and this is my first post. First of all I wanna thank fakepeeps7 for creating all these nice clothes. I am currently downloading like crazy. I love the colors you use and how normal all those pieces look.

While checking if everything shows up correctly I came across a problem tho. I saw that the meshes for the top where missing and went back to see what I have missed. But the link in the description page seems to not work anymore. So how do i get the meshes now? Maybe someone else can help me.

Thank you beforehand!
Test Subject
#22 Old 8th Dec 2020 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lis Draconis
Hey there,
I am new and this is my first post. First of all I wanna thank fakepeeps7 for creating all these nice clothes. I am currently downloading like crazy. I love the colors you use and how normal all those pieces look.

While checking if everything shows up correctly I came across a problem tho. I saw that the meshes for the top where missing and went back to see what I have missed. But the link in the description page seems to not work anymore. So how do i get the meshes now? Maybe someone else can help me.

Thank you beforehand!

Alright I found the solution the link to the mesh is here: https://modthesims.info/d/296173/po...s-for-boys.html
Therefore it is not the untucked mod but this one. :D