Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Visitors, Stay off my stuff!

by Neder Posted 24th Jan 2009 at 11:37 AM - Updated 21st Mar 2014 at 10:00 PM by Neder : Edited to add Career Object to Mods

63 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 52 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:02 PM
Wow, finally someone who had the same feelings about visitors browsing for photo's!!! Thank you so much!!!
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:33 PM
Will this only work for the 3 items mentioned or is it a global mod for most recreational items? personally i despise visiting sims who use my sauna, gym equipment, games console etc without my simmies consent so would love a hack that fixes this
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:42 PM
Only the objects listed, sorry.
I started with these because the visitor attraction just seemed way too high. At least with the game console and sauna, your Sims can join the fun.
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 12:47 PM
I know this hack is for FT, but is it also compatible with AL?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by B3LLE
I know this hack is for FT, but is it also compatible with AL?

It affects FreeTime interactions, so only people with that EP will find it useful, but it works with all other EPs.
That's why I listed expected behavior for dorms and apartments above
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:27 PM
Wow, great idea, I have been waiting for something like this...Thanks a lot!!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 1:37 PM
Thankyou!!!!!! I absolutely hate it sim visitors use my stuff. In real life you dont see me walking into friends homes changing into my gym gear and having a workout, i mean, how rude. Thanks to this download my sim's visitors will not longer be so rude.
Instructor
#9 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:18 PM
Great mod! Thanks for sharing
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 2:49 PM
Good Lord, those visitors are a pesky bunch, aren't they? Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Now maybe my Sim can actually get on the computer without having to start a fire to distract John "PC Hog" Mole. (He's the worst offender, you know.)
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:01 PM
Do yo know what really would also be very handy... Something like this but to stop those pesky visitors for all making a bee-line for the fridge and either getting out some food (and not preparing it) or just pigging out on loads of bags of chips, which they leave about the place.

Thanks for these though, they are very happily received!!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 3:59 PM
You know... this is good. Darn visitors can be so rude sometimes. Thanks for this.

Username: Centerman
in The Sims 4 Gallery
Field Researcher
#13 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:23 PM
I've been waiting for someone to make this mod for soooo long. Thank you!
Instructor
#14 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Neder
Only the objects listed, sorry.
I started with these because the visitor attraction just seemed way too high. At least with the game console and sauna, your Sims can join the fun.

No Problem, I'm still gonna download this, thanks a lot, Great idea
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 4:47 PM
Thank you!! It's especially annoying if you only have Mr. Humble's computer and your visitors show up right after he drops the darn thing off so your own simmies don't even get a chance to get on it before the visitors take over!

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 5:34 PM
Xianah, have you tried TJ's food related mods? Particularly the Food Already Available and Visitor snacking fixes seem to stop visitors from raiding the fridge.

Thank you for this Neder, the default ballet bar and violin settings really just push my buttons. I wouldn't dream of touching someone else's intruments without permission.
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 7:32 PM
Thanks for this! It drives me mad when randoms come over to my sims house & start messing with their stuff! Just last night I tried to force one of my sims to attack a townie for reading his paper on his front porch LOL ARGH!
Forum Resident
#18 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 10:12 PM
what a nice hack. I am going try it out. and Neder. do you want me Download them both or just one. I'll keep the PC one and come back to get the others anyway.

"Anyone who dares oppose me no, the Life Fibers will suffer the same fate." ~Ragyo Kiryuin
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jan 2009 at 11:37 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am so tired of my sims' dates gluing themselves to the computers. HMMM. *goes to look for anti-run-and-hide-in-dormie's-room hack*
Mad Poster
#20 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rachelaranya
*goes to look for anti-run-and-hide-in-dormie's-room hack*
There is one on MATY called "novanishdorms". Look for it in the hack directory for your most recent EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:02 AM
Oh, THANK you!! I HATED having visitors over and staying glued to my computers! THANKS, THANKS, THANKS!!! I never knew a download like this existed!

ENTJ
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jan 2009 at 1:31 AM
thanks!!! omg I hate the piano too.. i lock it up so they stay off of it! that and picking up my babies
Scholar
#23 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 1:20 PM
Great! Now something similar for piano's, please... I hate idiots with no skill, yet thinking they're good enough to perform without any practice.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:17 AM
I think pianos are covered by either pianofix or nobuskers from MATY (as long as this is becoming an ersatz hack-listing thread ).
I have both of those in my game and piano playing is kept to manageable levels.

I hadn't seen hacks anywhere for the barre and violin, which is why I had to make them. It was driving me mad.
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 1:53 AM
Gracias, Neder! This is most appreciated.
Page 1 of 3