Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lacy Toddler Dresses

by fakepeeps7 Posted 3rd Mar 2009 at 4:03 AM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 12:42 AM by fakepeeps7

29 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 4:26 AM
aww these are so cute! hopefully this will make me change my toddlers out of their pjs more often too :D
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 5:15 AM
Is the lace at the waist hand drawn? So pretty! I'm a sucker for details like that.

Could you please post a picture of the mesh from MilkShape that shows the alpha parts? I would like to see how big they are, so I know how potentially long cap / flutter sleeves could be. I could download the mesh and look for myself, but a picture would benefit recolorists who don't have mesh editing software.

Bone assignments near shoulders are tricky. What are the vertices at sleeve edges assigned to? 100% upper arm or more like shoulder? I'm guessing 100% upper arm might lower clipping, but then the sleeve would move unnaturaly. Flutter sleeves don't ususally move with the arm. Anyhoo, I'm sure you minimized any clipping as much as you could, I'm just thinking out loud about best bone assignments for sleeves. Aikea Guinea and Gelydh at ClubCrimsyn have some tf and af alpha sleeve tops that are similar in sleeve shape, I think. I haven't seen them in game, but I figure if they don't clip, I might look at how they assigned bone weights.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Mad Poster
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 10:38 AM
Thanks a lot for this lovely set, the colours are sweet and beautiful and I love very much the shoes you made.
Rubric Wrangler
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 12:02 PM
So pretty! My tots love your clothes, and so do I!
Instructor
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 1:45 PM
Awww, these like all your other toddler outfits are just sooo uber cute! Thanks :D

"Inspiration,It comes not when you want it.But when you least expect it to!"
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:58 PM
*sqqquueee* omg that toddler....in that dress with that hair looks JUST like my niece when she was a toddler... omggg... so cute!!!!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 3:58 PM
oooh, these are so, so cute! :lovestruc thanks so much. i love the texture.
Instructor
#9 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 6:11 PM
Yay more toddler clothes! Fakepeeps7, you are one of my favorite people right now!

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
Is the lace at the waist hand drawn? So pretty! I'm a sucker for details like that.

Err... no. It's not exactly hand-drawn lace...

Quote:
Could you please post a picture of the mesh from MilkShape that shows the alpha parts? I would like to see how big they are, so I know how potentially long cap / flutter sleeves could be. I could download the mesh and look for myself, but a picture would benefit recolorists who don't have mesh editing software.

The mesh is really no bigger than what you can see in the finished dress. I took the texture almost to the edge.

Quote:
Bone assignments near shoulders are tricky. What are the vertices at sleeve edges assigned to? 100% upper arm or more like shoulder? I'm guessing 100% upper arm might lower clipping, but then the sleeve would move unnaturaly. Flutter sleeves don't ususally move with the arm. Anyhoo, I'm sure you minimized any clipping as much as you could, I'm just thinking out loud about best bone assignments for sleeves. Aikea Guinea and Gelydh at ClubCrimsyn have some tf and af alpha sleeve tops that are similar in sleeve shape, I think. I haven't seen them in game, but I figure if they don't clip, I might look at how they assigned bone weights.

The bone assignments on the sleeve edge were taken from a point on the shoulder (midway between the upper arm and the neck). I tried a couple of different bone assignments, but this one seemed to work the best. The clipping is likely due to the size of the sleeve itself (as I mentioned in the overview); there are only three edge vertices, so the arm tends to cut into the front edge of the sleeve a bit. There was no way to make the sleeve bend realistically in that spot, hence the clipping.
Not actually evil.
#11 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 6:58 PM
Thanks for the mesh pic, and the lace is nice regardless of how it's drawn. It blends well. I know you minimized the clipping, wasn't criticizing.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 8:18 PM
One word, Shirley Temple! The model looks like Shirley Temple.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 8:52 PM
arghhhh1!!!! soo cute!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 3rd Mar 2009 at 9:06 PM
Adorable! I HAVE to grab these! *Downloads*
Inventor
#15 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 12:43 AM
Aww, these are so cute. Must have them. Thank you.

Panic! At The Disco ... I'm Down With The Panic!
My Chemical Romance ... With The Band Members.
My Secrect ... AFI's Miss Murder Is Me. Shhh!
(Avatar made by Me)
Test Subject
#16 Old 4th Mar 2009 at 5:00 PM
These are soooooooo cute! Just in time for Spring
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 8th Mar 2009 at 1:21 AM
Aww... how adorable!
They look like little angels!
Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 1st Apr 2009 at 8:09 PM
These are really awsome, Thank You
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:28 PM
where did you get the hair?

xxxx
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Misssweetiepie
where did you get the hair?

Read the overview.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Apr 2009 at 4:15 PM
These are so adorable. Love the lace.
Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Apr 2009 at 9:25 PM
very cute. thank you
Field Researcher
#23 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:11 PM
My sim toddlers look soo cute in these colors.

By the time you read this you've already read it. ;)
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 25th Nov 2009 at 9:27 PM
I was always upset at the lack of "girly" clothes Maxis gave us.

"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you“- Nietzche
Test Subject
#25 Old 2nd Dec 2009 at 8:43 PM
I love this It's soooooo cute ^-^ And the screenshots are cute, too. I love the picture in the middle. The girls just like standing there, BUT it's too adorable! Love it, love it, love it.
Page 1 of 2