Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:58 PM
I am extremely happy that pets grow up. The puppies and kittens look so incredibly cute!
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#27 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 5:59 PM
I have to admit my major annoyance is how every platform has special things that others don't have.

I want them all, damnit!
#28 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:10 PM
I am very happy about it, they look so realistic. And the fact that they can have jobs is just adorable.

Oh, and the logo is also very cute!
#29 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:34 PM
im happy but im mad becuase i can onley get 1 ep for a while and im gonig 2 gt ofb becuase its the msot apeailnig for me but i cant wait till im able 2 get it
#30 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 6:36 PM
ahh i cant wait! the pets all look so cute! lol. i dont really mind about the family slot thing. i cant wait to make pets a part of my simmie's families! lol
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:11 PM
They are so cute, first thing i will do is create a cat. But no suprise there i guess.

Cat@};- *meow* Have a good day everyone!
CatRose: well i am off to bed i am starting to see cats jumping before me
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#32 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:13 PM
Yes! Cats for me first, then they'll have kittens!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:14 PM
I'm so happy! I would love to see more screenshots~!

*Glares* >:( What are you looking at?
#34 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 7:27 PM
Ooh, I can't wait. By the time it comes out I'll have my new super computer. At first I loathed the idea of pets again, but it seems really cute now that I think about it!
#35 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:04 PM
hehe i like the fact dogs can work
Test Subject
#36 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:06 PM
im happy:D

*does happy dance and eats cupcakes*

(edit) aww puppy doggy!!!!
*tries to pet doggy*
darn i couldnt reach it:weep:
#37 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:08 PM
http://www.simtimes.de/screens/pets/?pic=64

the adoption screen doesnt look too bad after all
Original Poster
#38 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:14 PM
Yay
These links to that website are awesome, the pics are really useful (and its always good to see new screenshots)

Thats basically what I want to - more news, more screenshots, maybe more videos?
#39 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:15 PM
I wish they would tell us more about it! I hate how maxis does that!
#40 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:16 PM
personally, i cant wait!
it'll add more into my game, so more than likely i`ll play it everyday!

i just hope that it doesnt take up too much space!
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:41 PM
Woot! The toddlers can interact with the pets!

http://www.simtimes.de/screens/pets/?pic=2

How cute is that?

I hope that the puppies don't look the same, like with the babies
#42 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 8:42 PM
i dont think they do, although ... no they cant, since some will be 1/2 breeds etc.
Test Subject
#43 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:01 PM
aww that pic is adorable bad_kay

kinda reminds me of the time my little cousin hugged a rat to death:P
#44 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XsnowdropX
kinda reminds me of the time my little cousin hugged a rat to death

That's not even close to being funny...
Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicola__x
I'm so glad EA have finally announced it, after months of people already knowing/suspecting it

Anyway my topic was about - Are you happy/impressed? Surprised with some things? Disappointed?

I'm pretty much happy with it, I'm just hoping they'll explain more specific details as time goes by... And more screenshots,videos etc.

Disappointed, for sure. To think of all the work they will put into this that would be similar to the type of code that could make Sims truly autonomous. Thats what the game really needs to keep it from eventually falling from my favor. If I didn't have to be involved with all their important decisions, I would probably never bore of the game.

All this AI work will now be done and wasted on something that really ought to have been relegated to being a PART of the next expansion pack, not the FOCUS.

I find it hard to imagine how a Pet expansion (though it will be popular among the kiddies) will add very much to the game. Litterboxes and dog bowls, I'll be surprised if it's even that much like raising a pet, pee in your carpets and on your floors and in your yard. A pooper-scooper personal sim possession?

How about giving the Sims the opportunity to take a vacation? That already sounds like a lot more added value than giving them the ability to have a pet, and that's way too simple as an expansion idea.

I hope there isn't alot of whining now about how it is executed, given how much whining we've seen about the fact that the latest expansion didn't have pets after each and every one of them.

That's my two.
Test Subject
#46 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:57 PM
I can't wait! I'm a huge animal lover and I wouldn't mind them taking up a slot. I never usually make my sims have any more than 2 to 3 kids anyways...neighborhood gets too overrun!
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#47 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 9:58 PM
Awww thanks for the screenshots. The adoption screen does look okay and I'm happy that toddlers can interact with them
#48 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 10:27 PM
Postal: I disagree. If pets are like babies that live for an entire lifespan, there will be so much work to keep them happy that I can't imagine exploring any other features. Pets are a huge part of a person's life, versus a vacation only the rich can afford to go on more than once.
#49 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:13 AM
Mine happyness can't be described!!!!
I run all ower the room, then I went to my sister and mom, to show them pictures and videos (thought they don't care), and then I start laughing histerycal....so....yeah, I am happy
Original Poster
#50 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WillStefan
Mine happyness can't be described!!!!
I run all ower the room, then I went to my sister and mom, to show them pictures and videos (thought they don't care), and then I start laughing histerycal....so....yeah, I am happy

Lol I told my sisters too Though they are Sim players, they weren't half as interested in it as I am!
Page 2 of 3