Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:48 AM
Default Wait until Christmas!?!
When I first heard about the upcoming Pets expansion I was honestly blase about it - I figured it had been done in TS1 and that I didn't much care about virtual pets when I have a real one.

Boy, was I an idiot.

The more I read and see about the game, the more my inner Smeagol says that I wants it. I hadn't cared about screenshots or videos or previews before, but now I feel like a kid anticipating something big every time I see a new tidbit.

My boyfriend is also getting excited about the release, so I was surprised and nearly outraged when he turned to me today and suggested I wait to see if anyone would buy me the expansion for Christmas (or my birthday, which is close).

Christmas!?! He must be crazy! There's no way I can wait that long, not when the thing is being released in October. I might be able to wait a little while - a few weeks, maybe - but not that long. Has anyone else been told to wait just because someone might deign to give the expansion to you probably halfway through your holiday fun, when you could have been enjoying it the whole time? :D

Come read my first Sims story in ages (for TS4): http://msrebeccawest.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:01 PM
I've never waited for a Holiday for a Sim game.

Partially because as a Christian I don't want Christmas to be completely lost inmaterialism, so I rarely ask for anything.

But mostly cause I don't wanna wait. ; )
Theorist
#3 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 9:38 PM
Maybe I can wait until Christmas to get Glamour Life, but not Pets. The Sims 2 doesn't feel quite complete without the pets, and I should complete the game as soon as possible, lol. I waited until Christmas for the Gamecube version of The Sims 2 though.

I agree with Faithlove. I'm also Christian, and I don't want to wait until a holiday that is actually meant to be religious to play a game that I've wanted for 2 years. I'd probably be thinking about Pets all Christmas Eve, that wouldn't be good.
#4 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:39 PM
I hate when people hint they'll get me something I was going to buy myself, only months and months later..... grr.
#5 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kismetrose

The more I read and see about the game, the more my inner Smeagol says that I wants it....

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :laugh: Oh gosh I needed that!!! ... sorry, I loved what you said there. *me haves to haves it*

But yes, my husband is telling me that I should wait. I have no job. I am just a stay at home mom and well I don't get paid for this job . So while asking him how I am going to possibly get this EP he's like "Huh, when does it come out?" I said "Not until October", thinking he could think he could give me the money then... nope he says "Huh, you could maybe ask someone for it for Christmas" You notice how he says "huh" there? He says that when he doesn't care :disgust:
So yeah, I'm in the same dilemma.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 7:34 AM
I have to wait til October for the Glamour pack, but I don't mind because my fiance is buying it for my birthday. I don't think I could wait 2 months for an ep as excellent as pets though. That would drive me insane.
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilsweetcori
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :laugh: Oh gosh I needed that!!! ... sorry, I loved what you said there. *me haves to haves it*

But yes, my husband is telling me that I should wait. I have no job. I am just a stay at home mom and well I don't get paid for this job . So while asking him how I am going to possibly get this EP he's like "Huh, when does it come out?" I said "Not until October", thinking he could think he could give me the money then... nope he says "Huh, you could maybe ask someone for it for Christmas" You notice how he says "huh" there? He says that when he doesn't care :disgust:
So yeah, I'm in the same dilemma.

sorry this is off topic but there is nothing "just" about being a stay at home mom lilsweetcori. it's one of the best and most important jobs there are. i should know i am also a "domestic manager".

" If I cannot Find a way I will make a way."

So I say bring it on :))
#8 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 8:36 AM
I know, but thats how he puts it "just" a stay at home mom... sort of sucks when things like this come up... you know when I need money This is when he starts telling me to get a job. Then I'm like :wtf2:
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilsweetcori
I know, but thats how he puts it "just" a stay at home mom... sort of sucks when things like this come up... you know when I need money This is when he starts telling me to get a job. Then I'm like :wtf2:

when mine starts with that crap i just tell him that according to dr. phill i have two full time jobs. that usually shuts him up cause he doesnt want to hear about dr. phill

" If I cannot Find a way I will make a way."

So I say bring it on :))
#10 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:02 AM
My family have given up supposing to get the sims for any birthday or Christmas. They once offered t pre-order Nightlife for my birthday (which is in August - I'm awful at sayign what I want for my birthday and this was the only thing they could think of) at which point I had to say "Oh, I've already pre-ordered it" "When?" "A few weeks ago when they announced it..."
Now they know to leave the sim aquisition to me. It's the same with Harry Potter books
Test Subject
#11 Old 13th Sep 2006 at 10:40 PM
Yeah, no one else buys me sims stuff. That's one game I always preorder. There's no way I could wait for pets especially. The stuff packs, yes, but not the EPs.
#12 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 6:58 AM
This is one thing i'm really lucky with.. My bf knows i'm poor and wants them.. So he gets it for me.. i usually feel guilty.. ^^** But really happy, too!
#13 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:01 AM
Getting The Sims 2 Pets on CHRISTMAS is not an option. My birthday is on October 22nd, 5 days after it comes out. My boyfriend is getting it for me as a present. I have to wait 5 days after the realease! Why must he be so cruel?
#14 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsViceRuetoy
Getting The Sims 2 Pets on CHRISTMAS is not an option. My birthday is on October 22nd, 5 days after it comes out. My boyfriend is getting it for me as a present. I have to wait 5 days after the realease! Why must he be so cruel?

Pretend you're in england and you're only getting it two days after the release :P
Scholar
#15 Old 14th Sep 2006 at 7:21 PM
maybe **** be nice and give it to you early =p

ps...what they heck got bleeped there? he'll ?

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#16 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 8:54 PM
Oh yeah, Christmas is way too long a wait. My "inner Smeagol" (great phrase there, by the way) won't shut up about wanting it, either. Birthday maybe (mine's on November 10, which isn't too long after the release), but not Christmas.

Though it's sort of ironic because I didn't get any of the other EPs right after they came out--NL and Uni I got this January, and OFB sometime in April or May. But with Pets, I'm all excited about getting it right now.
Test Subject
#17 Old 15th Sep 2006 at 9:03 PM
When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be something about the release date being postponed... You had me worried for a minute there!

I'm hoping I'll be able to afford to buy it when it comes out. (The 13th book in A Series of Unfortunate events is also coming out in October, and I'm also addicted to making Halloween costumes, so I'll have a lot I'll want to spend money on that month.)

But I am NOT waiting 'til Christmas. Not for Pets.
#18 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 8:29 AM
Hahah! I would have had kittens if the release was postponed 'til Christmas!

I've already put aside $50 for the game. It's all a matter of waiting now... The second I see it on a shelf, I'm getting my paws on it.

(All puns intended.)
#19 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 10:18 PM
I searched google and it said the pets was come out this friday??
lol its problably wrong though...
#20 Old 18th Sep 2006 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by erinboberin33
I searched google and it said the pets was come out this friday??
lol its problably wrong though...

i pre-ordered sims it said the release date is october 17 and the approximate arrival date is the 23rd ;(
#21 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 12:54 AM
I'll get it the day it's released!!! I don't know how I'll get the cash but I know i'll get it some how.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 3:46 AM
I started putting money down on it when I saw the special bandit cat from EBgames. I haven't put alot of money down on it... because a week ago I realized a) I was broke and b) no matter how much I put down it won't get here faster...
Though I recommend for the domestic GODDESSES, water down hubby's coffee or otherwise find a way to put a few dollars a week away for Pets, that's how I've been paying for my games( I've got a ps2 game paid off and it's not coming out for another few weeks).

Another suggestion to kismetrose... is tell hubby that what you REALLY want for x-mas is a new graphic card. That if you HAVE to wait for Pets, well then you'd like a graphics card BEFORE pets. See if he gets the hint that it would be cheaper to get you pets sooner rather then later...

I'm jewish- so I see x-mas as a way to get swag from my Dad...
#23 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 2:41 AM
I'll probably wait for Christmas, not so much because I know someone'll get it for me (like my husband got me Uni and Nightlife) but because I have so many mods and such I want them to be fully tested and updated for Pets so I can have them all in my game when I install it. xD
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Sep 2006 at 5:51 PM
There's no way that I would be able to wait until my birthday! It's in Feb! By then, people will be squalling about the next ep and I'll be wanting that too. lol! So I pre-order! I don't even think that I'd be able to wait till Christmas! My inner smeagol is pretty bad! lol

Click HERE and you'll get a surprise!
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 10:51 AM
Oh wow... I'm sorry.. maybe you can find a way to get it before then..

I'm getting it in October... but only because I told my husband that there IS no other option. I'm working now, and if he can afford that Wi (sp!?) thing, *I* can get my expantion pack.
Page 1 of 2