Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:34 PM
Default How do you get cats to breed ?
It's driving me insane, I have two cats and I can't figure out how to get them to woohoo. Their relationship is 100/100 and they can't get into the little house thingee together.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:43 PM
you have to have a sim tell one of the cats to do it and then the cat will go to the other cat and then go to the dog house.
WEll, thats what I did.
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:49 PM
I haven't tried it with cats, but with dogs it works like this. They need a high relationship bar with each other, which you have, but they also (or at least one of them) needs to have a good relationship with one of the owners. That owner has to click on the cat and you'll see the option "try for puppies/kittens with ..." (you might click it several times before they finally go off to woohoo)
Good luck!

- Oops, someone was faster lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 2:49 AM
I got the interaction for a sim to make them try for kittens but it's been three days now and I'm not getting anything. How long does it take ?
#5 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:01 AM
Well, did they go into the pet house and shut the door, and fireworks? Also, the lullaby will sound if she conceives. Then it's longer than I thought it would be, and for me anyway, the belly didn't change or anything. I think that the pregnancy lasts like three days or so.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:03 AM
I have the silent woohoo hack but I don't know if it affects pets. But my sim can't tell them to try for kittens anymore so I thought that she was probably pregnant
#7 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 3:04 AM
I presume you're probably right then. I don't remember how long the pregnancy lasted, but I do remember thinking that it was lasting a really long time. She did eventually deliver, though.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 5:03 AM
Yah, it's three days to the best of my calculations. I couldn't stop smiling when my first litter of kittens were born. It is the cutest thing ever. I have had one litter of kittens and one litter of puppies born so far and there have been three in each litter. Oh, I love this EP!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 10:12 AM
more like 2 days--at least in my ep for dogs (just got a preg cat, so we'll see if it's the same length). The belly doesn't change and the animal doesn't appear to act differently, although possibly comfort goes down quicker (I haven't really paid much attention to it, since the pets tend to take care of themselves as long as my sim keeps the food dish full)
#10 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 6:08 PM
I can't get my pets to breed!

I have 2 dogs, their relationsip is 100/100 with each other, and they have good relationships with my sim. But the "try for puppies with.." option just isn't there! I've got a dog house on the lot too.
Is it because one is a big dog and one is small? Can they not breed with each other? I haven't put any of my hacks back in my game yet so I can't think it's one of them...
#11 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 6:55 PM
^

are you sure that one is female, and the other male?

I've made the mistake of making two male on more than one occasion. That could be it.
#12 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 7:58 PM
Oh my gosh you're right! I was trying to get two males to mate!! Lol oh dear.. :umm:
Forum Resident
#13 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *katie*
Oh my gosh you're right! I was trying to get two males to mate!! Lol oh dear.. :umm:

Sorry, I can't help it.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:49 AM
I've tried to get a pair of dobies to mate (and one is male, the other female ). And have had no luck whatsever...option isnt there...
#15 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 2:52 AM
Well I also had a question:
can a small dog and big dog mate? lol sorry i'm stupid :p
Forum Resident
#16 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:10 AM
LadyJade6480:
I have not tried to breed pets, but I notice that some pet houses/beds occupy roomo of 2 squares, but the others use 4 squares. Have your sims buy a pet houses that needs 4 squares, and use a sim (not pet) to click on the pet house and see if the option is avaible (, as long as you are 100% certain that you have a pair of male and female). I hope this can solve the problem.

Oniella2000:
From biological stand points, yes ... XD
However, like I said earlier that I had not tried to breed pet, I think it is reasonable to assume that small dogs and big dogs can breed together.

#17 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
LadyJade6480:
[b]Oniella2000:

From biological stand points, yes ... XD
However, like I said earlier that I had not tried to breed pet, I think it is reasonable to assume that small dogs and big dogs can breed together.

lol
I hope so! I have a 'couple' whom are big and small :p
#18 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:17 AM
In the manual that comes with the game, it says "there must be a male and female of the species on the lot" - so does that mean different breeds can`t breed together? Like a husky and a shepherd? Or does it mean a cat and a dog can`t breed?

I was also wondering, I have a male dog on my lot, but the neighbor has a female dog that has been coming by. If she gets pregnant from my male dog, since she is not mine, do I get any of the puppies or anything?
#19 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:19 AM
Leyla - Breeds can be mixed, so a Grey Hound can get with a Bull dog... or whatever lol... (i'm pretty sure!)
And I think it's the same with sims. Where you can only get the female pregnant if she lives on the lot or you are playing her.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:21 AM
Leyla:
Your first question:
Again from biological stand points, a husky and a shepherd are the same species.
And as the result, they can breed/mix.

However, cats and dogs are not.
Not the same species nor the same classes.

#21 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:25 AM
Ok, thanks for the responses, I understand the mixing breed thing now =)

As for the female dog, she *is* in a family I created, but I don`t play them - I play the family she is visiting the male at. So there is no way to get her pregnant unless I play her, and have her visit the male?
#22 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyla
Ok, thanks for the responses, I understand the mixing breed thing now =)

As for the female dog, she *is* in a family I created, but I don`t play them - I play the family she is visiting the male at. So there is no way to get her pregnant unless I play her, and have her visit the male?

Well i'm assuming that would be correct. Since that is how it is for sims, I imagine thats how it would be for pets.
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:40 AM
Thank you oniella, maybe I will just do that. I suppose I could always have that family "give away" the pet to the family I play!
#24 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:41 AM
Your welcome ... i'm just hoping i'm right lol... other wise whoops
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:47 AM
I've been waiting for about four days now and still no kittens. I donno what's wrong. I've checked the list of hacks that work and don't work and I deleted the ones that don't.
Page 1 of 2