Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:23 AM
hmm. My puppies came within 2 days. Try taking out all of your hacks and seeing if she gives birth.(don't delete them, just move them).
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KKai
LadyJade6480:
I have not tried to breed pets, but I notice that some pet houses/beds occupy roomo of 2 squares, but the others use 4 squares. Have your sims buy a pet houses that needs 4 squares, and use a sim (not pet) to click on the pet house and see if the option is avaible (, as long as you are 100% certain that you have a pair of male and female). I hope this can solve the problem.

I did. The 2 dogs are opposite sex, and same breed (just diff coloring). They have the biggest, most expensive dog house, and I've made sure the bars are 100% for each other, and the Sim owner, as well. I've had no luck whatsoever.
#28 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:16 AM
I just wanted to jump on here and add that I played the family that had the female dog to get her pregnant, and then I was able to "give away" a puppy (I`m sure you can give away more) to the male dog`s family, and it showed up just fine in the new family.

The 2 dogs weren`t 100/100 for e/o, and the asking Sim (to ask to have puppies) didn`t even have a mediocre relationship w/ either dog. I tried once and when they went into the dog house everyone gathered around it and celebrated (kinda creepy actually..) but I didn`t have sound up, so I tried 1 more time before the dog left and sure enough there it was. Pregnancy was almost 2 full days, minus a few hours. The second time the dogs didn`t have an audience though, ha =)

So ... maybe a patch will help you on your quest? It sounds like you are doing everything perfect. I`m so sorry its taking so long, but you`ll have some luck soon!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *katie*
Oh my gosh you're right! I was trying to get two males to mate!! Lol oh dear.. :umm:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROTFLOL

Couldn't help it too, Kkai.
Instructor
#30 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:12 PM
well there's always one of my cats or dogs that freezes whenever I ask them to have puppies :/
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyla
So ... maybe a patch will help you on your quest? It sounds like you are doing everything perfect. I`m so sorry its taking so long, but you`ll have some luck soon!

Meh. I just snagged Numenor's cheat over at MTS2. Waiting on the puppy delivery any minute now.
Test Subject
#32 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:27 PM
I have a Beagle type dog and another small dog, both have mated with the third male dog which is a Dalmatian. Any breed and size can mate but not cat and dog or dog and parrot or parrot and wormbat. :p

My little dog is pregnant, seems like forever. How many puppies can she have? what's the highest number in a litter?
#33 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorrel
My little dog is pregnant, seems like forever. How many puppies can she have? what's the highest number in a litter?

Well you can only have upto 6 pets so I guess the max. litter size is 4 - for some reason I keep getting litters of 2 though, I think its just random.
Test Subject
#34 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:41 PM
Oh duh, I never thought of that, lol. Thanks gloss.
#35 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 8:43 PM
No worries, its okay!

~-~-~-~
One thing I don't like about this EP is the lack of variation in the kittens/puppies. Even though I have one brown cat and one blonde cat, all their kittens have been white and looked identical. *sigh* I wish they at least had some indication of markings, or had a stage between kitten and adulthood.
~-~-~-~

For people who are experiencing difficulty in getting kittens/puppies - try moving the family out of the lot and back in, or into another lot. This usually solves any minor glitches/problems, so it might be helpful. If not... hopefully there's an answer somewhere!
Forum Resident
#36 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leyla
Pregnancy was almost 2 full days, minus a few hours. The second time the dogs didn`t have an audience though, ha =)

Okay, yesterday I tried the option to "make" puppies.
With its owner cheering alongside the pet house, the female was pregnant after the second time of attempts. There is no love, no romance, but all animal *** w/ lots fireworks. (I am not sure if I am allowed to say that s word here in sims 2 community.)

The pregnancy, however, seemed to take less than a day. Maybe about or less than 12 hours.

And some things strange happened.
As soon as the three puppies arrived, my sim had to work, so he got into the carpool and sat there. Yes, the car did not go away, and that sim was sitting in front of the house and in the car.
Then, the father (male dog) was barking at the door continually without moving until it would eventually drop die -- hunger and energy at lowest level. (Yeah, I couldn't watch it, so I exited the game without saving moment before it would die).
When the work hour ended, the sim exited the car and said that he was fired. I don't know how and why that happened, but I was pretty ... @#$%^& ... you know XD

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
#37 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 10:59 PM
I can see if the new puppies arrive right when the carpool comes it causing the carpool to not leave, that doesn`t seem all that strange (although I suppose not normal) did you already have the puppies named and everything, or were they in the car and then the name puppies thing appeared?

Thats terrible about your dog, can you turn the controlpets hack on and get him some food?

And was your Sims work performance really bad? They usually don`t get fired right away like that. Did you say if you have any hacks?
Page 2 of 2