Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 4:42 AM
I had the stall at 64%. Right after you switch cds right? Try ejecting the cd then putting it back in. I find hitting 'ok' a little after the noise of the comp reading the cd starts usually works well.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
Then while I was reading the tips in the new encyclopedia thing in gameplay options, a UFO came flying down and zoomed around the New Stonehenge decoration! It startled me! I haven't really gotten to the gameplay yet, though. That's where I'm headed to now... to play the "crazy cat lady" lot. (no, that's not what her name really is)

There's a Stonehenge Decoration included with Pets? I guess that means I should get rid of the one I downloaded months ago. HEHE!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hakura
I had the stall at 64%. Right after you switch cds right? Try ejecting the cd then putting it back in. I find hitting 'ok' a little after the noise of the comp reading the cd starts usually works well.

And then it worked okay for you?
#29 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 1:14 PM
Yeah, no problems at all after that. I think it's more the disc reader's fault then the game, because I had it do something akin to that a LOT when installing the base game, all those pauses to switch cds.
Test Subject
#30 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:14 PM
After it was fully installed, it hung, so I restarted my computer. Everything installed fine but I think it uninstalled Glamour because all my stuff is missing. Ah well, that's easy enough to take care of.

At first, I wasn't impressed. But after an hour or so of getting into it, I can't stop playing. I was up way to late with this expansion and I think its fast becoming my favorite. With the others I never actually lost track of time, so this is great for me!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:32 PM
Yea it was after i put in the second CD. I didnt get the message that ofb had been uninstalled though. It took me a good three tries to get the game to install.
#32 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 2:33 PM
Yeah I've had the same impression at first but I think I was just irritated that by the time I got home with it I didn't get much play time with it lol I had to go to bed in order to get up for work today. On my way back from Wal-Mart I got stuck in a small traffic jam. Cars were lined up due to an accident on this rather narrow curvy road.

It was 8:30 pm before I started the installation lol Once I get home and get more into it I'm sure I'll love it.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 6:44 PM
I received the DVD version (although I didn't actually ordered it :s but hey it works) and the installation went so fast, I couldn't read the book! I'm very happy with it, but I only played it once, and not so long.
Inventor
#34 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 6:57 PM
Yes! I finally got it! i was kinda worried at first because when I went to walmart I didn't see it at first but it turned out walmart forgot to put it out last night. Its awesome, I'm sad there's no corgi but all the other pets are so cute!
Instructor
#35 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:04 PM
It's sooo cute i'm running around with a huge smile on my face and unfortunately it's almost time for me to turn off the comp I love my new womrat Babba
#36 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:06 PM
I got it yesterday, and I love it so far!

The bad things is that the walls in my Sims' homes and in CAS flash bright red.
Forum Resident
#37 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PennyTheCorgi
Yes! I finally got it! i was kinda worried at first because when I went to walmart I didn't see it at first but it turned out walmart forgot to put it out last night. Its awesome, I'm sad there's no corgi but all the other pets are so cute!

Me too! I was really upset about that because they are my favorite breed. But I'm working on making a corgi-esque small dog.

I'm enjoying the game so far but I don't think this one is going to have the staying power usability of NL or even OfB. I can see myself getting bored with it after a month or so, which is okay. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do so I'm still happy.
#38 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:16 PM
New toys are always fun to play around with, but this will not be my fav EP. I have a feeling I will get bored with it very soon, unfortunately (and I have had it for about one day so far...) and not many of my existing families will get new, furry family members I'm afraid.

I'm a bit disappointed. I really thought pets and sims would have had more social interactions and I'm already fed up with teaching them all those commands, just like teaching toddlers stuff just that there are more of it which takes much longer (but pets are really like toddlers, IRL too, so I guess that makes sense...)

And I HATE having the sim's wants bars clogged with "Give love to pet" and "Command Pet..." worth 250! There's no bl**dy point to such lame wants but you have to fulfill them to make better wants roll up! :X

I give it 2 out of 5.

ETA: But the space age furniture was great! Loving'em!
Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 7:29 PM
My install got hung up around the 64% mark as well. However, when I got OFB, I also happened to get a new laptop. So, I found out that for some reason any Sims 2 game that comes out with more than one CD will hang up at some point. So, I have to copy all the files to my hard drive as recommended on the EA Support site. No problems once I do that.

This time around, I decided to uninstall everything (even all my 50 billion downloads) and start fresh.

So, I got to play last night for 2 hours without cheats (argh!) and now pets. I had Nina and Don adopt a little kitten. SOOO TINY!!! And with equally tiny little meows and yowls. I heart it muchly. He eats a lot!! Anyway, apparently kittens don't play with the scratching post or the cat tower or any of the cat toys. He'll only nap on his bed.

I wish that the Sim could pick up the pet and place them on the cat tree. Or perhaps, like with kids and teens, you can encourage them to be nice or whatever... maybe they could 'encourage' the pet to play with whatever item.

Anyway, I do like some of the new objects too. Like the furniture and the new phone.
#40 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 9:26 PM
One of my sims adopted a solid black kitten. I figure markings will show up once it ages.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:17 PM
I just installed and everything went great, I still have all my other EPs as well. I played for a little while, and I like it alot, I think the dogs are so cute! I just hope the issues with CC will be solved soon and I get all my custom food back :weep:

~Wendy~
.::Please Come Join My Forum::.
.::With The Lights Out::.
#42 Old 19th Oct 2006 at 10:19 PM
GRR....I'm buying my copy tonight at wally world (wal-mart)!!
#43 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 1:16 AM
I got it around noon today, and installed it while I ate lunch. I'm totally in love! (Especially with the controlPets thing. xD) The furniture is kinda lame, and I wish you could pick up full-grown cats and small-sized dogs, but I still love it.

*Hugs Sim dog*
#44 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:54 AM
I just bought it today. It's so funny how you can release the womrat or bird from their cage. I went to the petstore and freed all the womrats and i opened the bird cage and it flew right out the front door of the store,i was laughing so hard,lol.
#45 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:12 AM
I LOOOVE IT
I could never play without them again.

They just make everything better. Love.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#46 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:14 AM
The flashing red walls come from a graphics/video card that doesnt make the grade with the latest expansion packs. I had that problem with ffs. I got a new computer.
I have upgraded computers twice so far, just for this game! haha
#47 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:17 AM
Is anybody else really frustrated with the diagonal roofs? It's like impossible to nicely connect them with a regular roof. --;
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:30 AM
I installed from the EA downloader .. and DAMN it's running better than before !

the nly thing funny is than the insim causs weird stuff to happen , like the reproductive adjustor appearing when dogs pee o.O;;

but since the boolprop cheats are ok if you'Re safe with them ,
I use them which works pretty much like the insim..
#49 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:30 AM
omg,i soo love it!
i got it thru EA Downloader at 6 on thursday morning. even the space furniture is cool! haha!
i like the parrots and hamsters aswell!

im just a bit disappointed with the lack of toys. 1 single toy for dogs? the chew bone? :/ other than the lack of toys,i love it!
#50 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 8:50 AM
i love it! it's soo much fun. i've been playing for the past 3 hours
Page 2 of 4