Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:15 AM
Great game! I have the dvd version and had not a single problem. The game was installed in around 10 minutes. I've been playing a full sim week now and no signs of a wolf and/or stray-dog/cat (makes me think: I've also never seen a burglar in game ) anyway, I agree with the lack of toys. (now hoping that SimPE update comes fast, so new toys can be made) and another stupid thing is: why aren't dogs playing with (or biting on) the toys of the todlers? :confused: (A real dog always runs of with those toys)

edit: just noticed my pets are sleeping with the eyes open! Is it normal?
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:07 AM
I have just had my game too....am currently doing a grand reinstall of the whole lot...hehe.
One thing I did notice...on the flyer in the box. They are doing another Christmas EP called Festive Holiday Stuff (out in November). It looks like the Christmas pack but there are one or two other things that are not in the Christmas Party Pack...how frustrating is this? Why are Maxis going back over EP's...

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
#53 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 11:57 AM
I got it today, and im completely wrapped with it ... heaps happy. Can barely get me out of the game i though i'd have a quick breath of fresh air before i go back in ... Hehe ... im trying to get my pets to breed right now but it takes a while for them to like eachtother since you cant tell them to interact. Had a question though does anyone know how to put collars on your pets, i bought 1 for my new adopted puppy ... and there was nothing in my inventory when i returned home and i had no interaction with the dog to put it on him?
#54 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 1:35 PM
Click on the mirror and you should get an option to change the pets appearance.

I'm much more into it than I was that first night. Since I didn't get much time to play it. I moved that premade family into a starter house that had the single male and his dog. Then I played around in CAP and made a mini bull terrier in the colors I liked and merged her into the household.

The dogs hit it right off I was really surprised at how quick and she's already had 3 pups

I like my bull terrier she's cute. I named her Lilo (hehe I had a Lilo and Stitch DVD right beside me, hence the name Lilo)

I've had to however use the control pets cheat in one house to keep a dog from starving to death. lol I may get the hang of things soon.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:12 PM
I just love it! The new objects,build stuff etc are okay - nothing to write home about - but the pets are awesome! I made some really cute strays and self sims of my cats. The only thing is I don't remember if I checked the sex of my one cat and am not sure what sex it is. I can't seem to figure that out - does anyone know how? It would also be nice if you could make your pets a little fatter - my one cat is REALLY fat! Anyways, it's great and I'm glad I bought it! Like I wouldn't buy an expansion....ha ha! I took today off work and am going to spend the next three days in Sim Heaven!
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spithead
The only thing is I don't remember if I checked the sex of my one cat and am not sure what sex it is. I can't seem to figure that out - does anyone know how?

Select a sim
Goto the panel where you can view every sim they know (I guess it's called the relations panel, but I'm not certain! But you can also view there friends there)! There you can also see your pets and on the image of the face you also get to see the symbol for male or female
#57 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:22 PM
In the relationship panel there should be a male or female symbol on the icon of the pet.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:22 PM
Thanks NH1! Hope it's a boy like he should be!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:28 PM
poop! He's a girl - will re-do since I just created that family anyways. Thanks Jaycee and NH1. I was looking in his/her relationship panel but hadn't thought on clicking on one of the people and checking their relationship.
#60 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:28 PM
I didn't pay any attention to the sex of the dog that was with the premade guy. I just assumed and hoped it was a boy when I made a female dog to merge in the family lol Thank goodness I was right. They've got 3 pups now.
Test Subject
#61 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 3:48 PM
I think it's pretty fun but I thought thee would be more pets stuff and other non-pet related objects. And they don't have the cocker spaniel in the breeds ;_;
#62 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:16 PM
I do love the new furniture they included in this expansion. I played the Kim household (premade family) and noticed a column that had 3 small shelves on it that held decorative flowers you can get in the buy mode catalog. I thought that was the neatest thing.
Test Subject
#63 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:27 PM
I almost had a pet starve too. I moved the Kat family in (an occupied lot available with this EP). A woman with 3 cats. One of the kitties wouldn't eat out of the bowl. I had to click on the bowl and have the sim call the kitty to eat. Which was a relief to find they could do that because otherwise, the cat kept eating the flowers, which aren't very filling and she was nearly starving.

I also had the male and female try for a kitten. They get into the little pet house and then suddenly you can't see in to the pet house anymore and then the little house started rocking and rolling and had the woo hoo animations going on with the fireworks, etc. It was pretty cute. I wonder how long before I have another tiny kitty running around.
#64 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:48 PM
I had a dog just give birth to 3 puppies. Can't wait to see how they look when they grow up.
#65 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 4:53 PM
DD:

this is so depressing. I wish I could play mine. Whyyy did it have to crash? and now it won't even re-install.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:02 PM
I'm not a fan of parrots in real life, but I love the Peregrine falcon they included in the game. I'm not sure if it really is a falcon or just a type of parrot but I love it.

I'm too lazy to go through all the trouble of building up pet relationships and buying a dog house just to get puppies so I just select a big dog breed and "shrink" it down to a small version. I love my golden retriever puppy! All in all I'm happy with the game. The furniture is great also, they finally included a stylish fireplace!

NOTE: Since I'm a stupid wanker, none of the clothing uploads I've created work (they're the bitmaps and mesh instead of the complete clothing file). If you're smart enough, go ahead and re-assemble the parts, or just wait for me to update my clothes. Many apologies.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:09 PM
I really like it but I've noticed that my cc objects, windows etc don't show up. I have no problem with clothes or hair (probably because Pets does not include either). Custom walls/floors show up but no custom windows or doors or stairs. Custom eyes and skins seem okay - I use the default replacement ones. I had recently gotten rid of most downloads so it wasn't so bad.

***I'm an idiot- I went to help and found out I didn't enable cc-duh!! now if i could only get those dumb dogs to eat something besides garbage and flowers!***
Instructor
#68 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:10 PM
yes..I like the introduction of birds too...you could find a way of getting these reskined/coloured to make owls and Fawkes the Pheonix from Harry Potter...although we need a cheat/hack to stop people from opening the cages and letting the birds loose...some ideas there for any good modders, hehe.

www.crystalgecko.co.uk

Never wake a sleeping Dragon...for you are small and crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
#69 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 9:18 PM
I adore the game even tho the hacks no longer work. i THINK my pitbull fergie is expecting :peace :cdance: :banana:
Forum Resident
#70 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 8:52 PM
After reading for a few days about bugs/glitches etc, I decided that Pets was working OK and I'd go get it. This morning, as I waited while backing up everything, I was reading about sinking pets. I decided I just wouldn't let the little guys pee So I moved all DLs out, backed up all files including registry entry.

Install was seamless, great. No previous EPs were uninstalled. Started game, no hacks, no clothing, no hair, no CC at all in. (I was really hoping for a new startup movie...) I placed all Maxis made homes, businesses, and pets into my test hood. Then went and visited each one. Here's what I though:

The Maxis made business lots are sad, as usual? The families were better than they have been tho. The houses were so-so with the exception of the Nuclear family house. I found it to be horrifically bad. And the roof on the cat lady's house was awful too. Content ok, nothing to brag about. All in all, I much perfer my CC to anything Maxis made.

The new stairs stink to high heaven. I will never use them. The octagonal room--what is that anyway?? Would not drag out to a different size no matter what I did. The diagonal roofs were so bad they made me laugh out loud! If I got them to place correctly, a real struggle, they left 'holes' in the roof where they intersect with the other roof section. Really bad bad bad.

However, I watched closely in the cat lady's house to see if the cats sunk when they needed to pee. They did not. Had one dog that I saw pee, no sinking. So is the sinking a bug?

The cats did demolish her chair. I wonder why Maxis made it a complete demolish...why not just make it ratty with springs sticking out, but still useable? I would have loved that. Maybe sit on a spring and leap up in pain, yelling ouch? Woulda been good.

All in all? While the pets themselves are very cute, I'm kinda disappointed in the quality as well as the limited content. I was brow beating myself (after the diagonal roof thing) for falling into the Maxis trap yet again. Next EP I think I'll just pass.

PS: We need Numenor's Tulip Lamp fix again.....
Forum Resident
#71 Old 21st Oct 2006 at 9:13 PM
Okay - I had no problems installing and my custom content is showing up okay - except for some content by Frillen (decorative item) no longer works... I only bought the expansion for the building stuff - and am very disappointed with the roof tool. Diagonal roofing does not join seamlessly with normal roofs! It looks ugly - I doubt if I will ever use it. I like the new furniture and the pets are pretty darn adornable!

But my biggest problem: I am playing with my first family since installation. The couple just had a baby. The problem is every time the carpool arrives while dad is holding the baby - he does not put the baby down - he gets in the car with the baby! This is so odd! Has anyone had this same glitch? The mom was alone at home and I commanded her to put baby in crib - but there was no pie menu for the baby! Whats going on???

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Forum Resident
#72 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 4:29 AM
I just got into Sims last year after borrowing Urbz from my younger sister. I got into it fast and now, I've got Sims 2 , Nightlife, and Pets. Originally, i went to the game stop so i could get university, but they didn't have any in stock, however they did have a shelf of Pets behind the register and i couldn't help myself! I took it home and made my first pet (spice) and was pleased beyond words! I only hope to get the other EP's in the next month or so. I'm also happy to say i installed it with NO problems what so ever! Yay! :D

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 5:05 AM
So far the game is fun. Evento I haven't played it much, because I let my daughter play it more. I did see a cat watching a fly zooming around. There was something else but right now I can't remember.

Also, everyone has been mentioning a DVD version of the game. Everywhere I have gone to seems to not know of it being on DVD. They are tring to tell me it's only the base game. GO figure. I finally got the PC version and hasn't given me any problems.

foolinthemoon, you really aren't missing much from University. I find it a pain to do all the term papers and such and really not get anything worth while out of even going. I uninstalled mine, so my teens didn't have wants to go and now they can spend all their free time playing with their pets !

Did you know these colors that you're shinin' are
Surely not the best............. Crossfade
Forum Resident
#74 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 6:47 AM
Lol! Yada you make a powerful point, my simmies are enjoying their pets much more then their homework!

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#75 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:39 PM
I think the pets sinking into the floor was from the echo community sleep hack, which is one of the few things I actually left in the game, because my daughter asked me to, and I had a cat sink into the floor, and someone else reported they thought it was this particular hack related.
Page 3 of 4