Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:13 PM
Default The Comics
Just like they did for FT, EA released some comics for AL; and the first one is up here
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:46 PM
According to that comic it looks like the new hood is going to be a new downtown called Belladonna Cove. That makes sense as everyone keeps on saying apartments should have been added to nighlife as it really is a city feature. (coincidently Belladonna is the name of one of Cassandra Goth's and Don Lothario's daughters in my game, lol)

I hope the sims can really beg for money on community lots as this is somthing I have always wanted my sims to be able to do but something tells me it is just the Fortune aspiration failure animation used for storyline effect, bummer.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:50 PM
Yeah, they tend to stage their pics...
Alchemist
#4 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 5:55 PM
Yeah, I've ALWAYS wanted a beg for money option. Even if it only showed up in the menu of actions when the Sim had very little money. It wouldn't make sense to allow everyone to beg, but it's always a bit hard to have a poverty sim without that option. Also, I've always wished we could bring instruments downtown and play them for tips.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 6:55 PM
Just as an fyi: the Fan Day reviews have indicated that Belladonna Cove is a new neighborhood, not a sub-hood.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:11 AM
I just want that rockin TV
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by freelancergal
Just as an fyi: the Fan Day reviews have indicated that Belladonna Cove is a new neighborhood, not a sub-hood.

*looking sheepish*
My bad, I must be just reading too much into the line "Peter and Mary rent a new apartment in the heart of downtown Belladonna Cove" from pic one. When I saw the word 'downtown' I got a little too excited and perhaps overexagerrated(? I hope thats how it's spelled, too tired right now) it a bit..
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 2:17 AM
Doesn't mean we won't be able to build apartments in the downtown area - its too early to tell. None of the news so far has said that building apartments and such will be exclusive to 'da cove' so here's hoping you'll get your wish
Field Researcher
#9 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Grig 32
Doesn't mean we won't be able to build apartments in the downtown area - its too early to tell. None of the news so far has said that building apartments and such will be exclusive to 'da cove' so here's hoping you'll get your wish

I think we'll definitely be able to build apartments on lots in all neighborhoods and sub-hoods (except possibly the University ones, due to them having distinct dorm and student functions built in). I plan on building a nice "old town" area in one of my existing downtowns, with apartment lots as well as commercial ones. I'm especially excited about the new roof feature we're getting!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 3:53 AM
That'd be cool - like half the hood is 'suburb' style and the other half 'the big city'

Neat
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:13 PM
Just wanted to inform that it's now up at the official US site too. Not that important; but figured I'd mention it, just in case

Anyways is a landlord always an elder?
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:19 PM
I wonder if we have the option to control multiple families by just moving from storey to storey. But that'd be just too much.

And yes, I WANT that TV! :p
#13 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 4:51 PM
I noticed the spiral stairs in the background, I can't be the only one who hopes they're functional.
And, like some of you, LOVING that TV :D
Alchemist
#14 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claireishness
I noticed the spiral stairs in the background, I can't be the only one who hopes they're functional.
And, like some of you, LOVING that TV :D

Functioning spiral stairs have been confirmed more than once. Can't wait to use them!
Alchemist
#15 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 7:03 PM
Anyone see the loading screen for Magical World on Snooty Sims?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2008 at 10:56 PM
LOL that page's water background sounds are way too realistic. lol. I had to run to the bathroom suddenly. lol

Regarding the comic, it's keeping my interest high and I think I've noticed a difference in the landlord. In earlier previews I think there was a Black woman with braids, I guess the NPCs change for every apartment?
Test Subject
#17 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 8:59 AM
Sorry this off topic but I just noticed that Belladonna is mixed with Bella, Don and Cassandra... sound familiar?
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
I wonder if we have the option to control multiple families by just moving from storey to storey. But that'd be just too much.

And yes, I WANT that TV! :p

It's been confirmed that you have to exit the lot then re-enter in order to play with a new family.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 24th Jun 2008 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreak99
Sorry this off topic but I just noticed that Belladonna is mixed with Bella, Don and Cassandra... sound familiar?

Apparently from what I've read, Belladonna Cove is supposed to be in tribute to the late Bella Goth who went missing. There is supposed to be a big statue of her in the city centre.

Belladonna in spanish means 'beautiful lady'
Field Researcher
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shc
Apparently from what I've read, Belladonna Cove is supposed to be in tribute to the late Bella Goth who went missing. There is supposed to be a big statue of her in the city centre.

Belladonna in spanish means 'beautiful lady'

That's right. There's even a statue of her in the neighborhood. I don't recall where I saw that though.

And Belladonna can also be used as a poison.
Scholar
#21 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:54 PM
Yup, Atropa Belladonna. Amazing plant and good poison. Maybe that's what happened to Bella...?

"Life is just a chance to grow a soul" - A. Powell Davies
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 8:28 PM
1. we have apartments and some place called belladona cove
2. apartments are not free
3. spiral stairs and new tv omg
4. landlords don't automaticly get sims out of apartments if they not pay the rent,
5. neither steal items; also sims can beg for money...
6. having enough money and giving them away is a reason for celebration
Alchemist
#23 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 12:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by WorkYourMagic
also sims can beg for money...

Was probably aspiration failure in that pic, as someone mentioned above. Sad but true.
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 2:00 PM
they can beg for money by freestyling for tips too
Alchemist
#25 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WorkYourMagic
they can beg for money by freestyling for tips too

But who freestyles for tips in their own home? I wish EAxis would give us an acoustic guitar, or make the violin or even the electric guitar accessible in the Sim's inventory downtown so they could actually busk.
Page 1 of 5