Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Howabominable
If your sim is holding a puppy/kitten and you tell them to "watch clouds" outside they will sit down on the floor with the puppy still in their hands and play with them

How cute, I have to try that now!

I discovered today that dogs sit in bay windows! Its pretty cute!
Advertisement
Site Helper
#27 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:25 PM
If your sim is holding a puppy/kitten and you tell them to "watch clouds" outside they will sit down on the floor with the puppy still in their hands and play with them

So why can't they do that with babies and toddlers? They just drop the kids on the floor to do ANYTHING!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#28 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:14 PM
I only just realized that you can merge families outside of university towns. Heh...
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 5:36 PM
I discovered you can take your cat to work...
Assuming it's a glitch, my Sim was holding my kitten at the time the carpool arrived. He changed into his work clothes (still holding the kitten), walked outside (still holding the kitten), got in the car (still holding the kitten), and off he went (guess what? Still holding the kitten!)
Test Subject
#30 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 4:55 AM
If you feed your dog too many treats, he'll vomit.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 9:01 AM
A dog can laugh at another dog/sim...
When a sim is relaxing on the bed, he can ask a dog/wolf (don't know for cats) to join the sim... There are no further options when relaxing though... I think it's cute, it looked like the wolf was holding guard near the sim!
#32 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 9:16 AM
i learned the other day, your pregnant sims cant change the kitty litter box, just like in real life, i asked her to four times and nope she refused, i had to get the maid to do it.

luckily maidypoo will come clean your litter box, shake out your cat bed and clean your bowls, hurrah the maid.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#33 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyo
If you feed your dog too many treats, he'll vomit.

*Simsample runs off to play Pets with bag of pet treats in hand....
Site Helper
#34 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 3:11 PM
Snapdragons appear to be cumulative. (ok,I'm cheap. I've been playing OFB for 2 months now, and just now got someone who could make them to sell.) I had 6 on display, and the only motive which was dropping much at all was energy. After all but the last 2 were sold, motives were dropping faster. Either that, or they had finally hit a critical line and the number of flowers had nothing to do with it. But I am still going to fill my house with snapdragons from now on.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 5:17 PM
How do you merge families? I dont have University.
Field Researcher
#36 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by akronborn
How do you merge families? I dont have University.

It's a feature of University, in order to get the graduates get back home. If you don't have Uni, you don't have the feature. Sorry
Field Researcher
#37 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 6:24 PM
I discovered it's really really sad to watch a sims mourn for the dog they've had since the sim was a toddler, and the dog was a pup. And I heard that dogs will mourn for their sims too.

Click HERE please, so I can up the sweet sweet page count. Thanks!

"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx
#38 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 7:58 PM
Building community lots just to take up space or serve as places for pic-taking is really addictive.
Theorist
#39 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 8:05 PM
I discovered Kitty can bat at flies just like in real life! See my post in the picture (pets) thread.
It was cute!

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
#40 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 1:43 PM
I just found out there is a new LW for family sims. I don't know if it's just for same sex couples or not but it is 'Raise 20 Puppies or Kittens' [It's the first time i got it and like seeing as the couple i found out is same sex so yer]
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rome_raven
It's a feature of University, in order to get the graduates get back home. If you don't have Uni, you don't have the feature. Sorry

The only EP I have is OFB and I have it. I wonder if it comes automatically with NL, too? Super useful though. I'm going to make an elderly "I'm bored with you" sims house one of these days. :D

Edit: Oh, and something I saw for the first time yesterday! A want for "Have 20 grandchildren" worth 30,000 aspiration. The sim in question's LTW is to marry off 6 children, but even that's only worth 25,000 asp.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 2:39 PM
Pets has the door locking option, too. I don't have OFB.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:33 PM
A new raise 20 puppies or kittens lifetime want with Pets, pretty easy to do as well, assuming you have a big pay off in the birth!
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:22 PM
I discovered that Sarah the dog's puppies are hideous abominations.

(><).

Yes they are! She gave birth to the three I am assuming she was already pregnant with, and they are all white ugly things. Obviously only have access to her DNA (like with Brandi Broke's baby) and now my adoption pool is full of ugly dogs.

I just got that 20 puppies and kittens want too. My first Pet want, so I feel compelled to fill it, despite it being a nightmare for my legacy family. At least they already had a cat I was considering for breeding.
#45 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 9:28 PM
The other day I discovered if teens see one of their parents cheating they get mad and dislike that parent.
Never knew that before.
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 11:20 PM
I discovered that teaching your parrot to talk and then talking to them will skill your sim in charisma while raising your sims fun and social bars too. Sure beats using the mirror.

... Anybuddy know a cure for Alien withdrawl?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 26th Oct 2006 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chloe984
that my dog has a obsession with yowling at the tv

Yeah, I've noticed my cats and dogs don't seem to like the television or the stereo. I think maybe they just don't like the noises. You should also make sure if you put a pet's bed in the living room or a room with a tv or stereo that while the pet is sleeping the tv/stereo stay turned off so they can get their rest (just like sims wake up when a tv/stereo in the room is on). My cat meows at the stereo and my dog howls at the tv. I guess the animals just don't like all that noise.

Quote: Originally posted by chyrun
Pets has the door locking option, too. I don't have OFB.

I'm beginning to think maybe each time a new pack comes out, maybe some of the good interactions that were in the one before it may be added to it too.

Akronborn, maybe the merge families thing will work for you. Just try from the neighborhood view to move a sim or pet into a household that already has sims living in it. I think this feature must also come with pets because they give you some pre-made pets in the lots section of the neighborhood view where your homeless pre-made sims are, and I read in the gamebook that pets cannot live on a lot by theirselves, therefore, it would make sense to think that they put that interaction into the pets game in order to be able to play those pets that come in the lots and families bins. Also, there is nothing in there that says you HAVE to create Sims and pets at the same time - they let you just make the pets and those are placed in the lots and family bins, so how else is one going to be able to get them into a home with sims unless you can merge them?
:confused:

Try it out.
#48 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 1:15 AM
Vampires generally dislike kicky bag I guess.. I can't get them to agree to a good solid game of it unless they're already almost friends with my sim
Site Helper
#49 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:53 PM
Depends on the vampire. But the Grand Vamps do seem to love bowling and pillow fights.
Also the bubble blowers and musical instruments that no sim can stay away from.
(They all seem to be pleasure sims. I guess this makes it less likely for them to go into aspiration failure over people who didn't want to be a vampire getting themselves cured. But it's kind of weird that they never get the same want to be cured that any other pleasure sim will get. At least they never actually fear it either.)

Lab Assistant
#50 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 12:42 AM
Other new LTW: Have 6 pets reach top of career, this is one of the eaiest ever :O
Locked thread | Locked by: Reason: Lots of replies! Go post in v2!
Page 2 of 619