Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Nysha's New Creators for July - posted on 1st Aug 2018 at 9:00 AM
Replies: 783 (Who?), Viewed: 303785 times.
Page 32 of 32
Test Subject
#776 Old 22nd Sep 2017 at 4:54 PM
Season has to be my favorite expansion pack...

Apartment Life is good but why did they lower the size of the font!!! (At least there a mod for it)

FreeTime is okay but it just felt bit pointless

Pets I just hate that expansion pack, I don't really get it. If can add wants & fears for pets then I might like it,

I just hate having dogs digging me f-ING house!
Lab Assistant
#777 Old 25th Sep 2017 at 6:53 PM
In general, it's hard to decide because most of the time I like one feature of a pack but absolutely hate another...

What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?

I'm gonna go with Bon Voyage as favorite, because you can live at the beach and swim in the ocean and travel, or Open for Business because of the endless possibilites for stores.
Least favorite would be University, Apartment Life or Freetime. The first two because I never play in dorms/apartments, the last one because except the cool new hobbies, it doesn't add much to the game play for me and I don't care about the hobby enthusiasm.

What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
Fave is probably Happy Holiday Stuff because I love christmas, or Mansion&Garden because it adds more realism (heater and stuff). Oh, and H&M because more stuff for your stores!
Least favorite is Family Fun, 'cause I don't like the furniture.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?

Oh god. I guess...
Bon Voyage
Open for Business
Pets
Seasons
Nightlife
Freetime
University
Apartment Life

Stuff packs is too hard to decide.

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?
I would remove Apartment Life or University. I wouldn't miss apartments or universities, 'cause I never play them. But there are some objects and small features I really like...
Test Subject
#778 Old 26th Sep 2017 at 4:10 AM
Nightlife >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> rest
Test Subject
DELETED POST
12th Dec 2017 at 5:35 PM
This message has been deleted by zlatushka.
Test Subject
#779 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 1:13 AM
Hey guys, what is the worst pack, clothing wise? I really wanna know. Also, best pack, too.
Forum Resident
#780 Old 4th Mar 2018 at 12:01 PM
I already posted some of my opinions on the EPs and SPs, but I might as well have a proper entry here. I'm prepared to be roasted!

What is your most favourite/least favourite expansion pack, and why?
My favorite EP is Seasons, which allows for gardening and fishing, providing more variety in terms of income sources and lifestyles, and I like the changes in weather as well. It brought some of my favorite careers and career rewards, introduced the stackable inventory, and payment of all of your bills at the mailbox without searching for them yourself (oh, how I wish I could do this in real life). Overall, I think it's the best EP for what it offered for gameplay - it's useful for a variety of settings (medieval, modern farms, etc.).

My least favorite EP, as I'm sure other members have heard me talking about, is FreeTime. I find the hobby system poorly implemented - I would've wanted certain hobbies separated like Film and Literature, some hobbies are shafted in terms of activities, I find the overall enthusiasm system invasive with the constant wants and interest-enthusiasm bleed, and dislike the way hobbies and interests don't work together in a logical manner.

What is your most favourite/least favourite stuff pack, and why?
Mansion and Garden, IKEA, and Kitchen and Bath tie for my favorite SPs. M&G is practically an EP disguised as a SP, and IKEA and K&B are useful for modern lots. My least favorite SP is Holiday - the theme is rather limited and its features don't fit my playstyle or preferences at all.

If you could rank how much you like each expansion or stuff pack in order, what would your order be?
Expansions:
  • Seasons - fishing, gardening, weather, leftovers, new jobs, moonwalking penguin
  • Nightlife - new aspirations, dates, downtown, chemistry system, new interactions, the fury
  • OFB - crafting stations, talent badges, businesses, subhoods
  • Apartment Life - This is mainly because I like apartments and the AL bookcase skills. Why ever did they think that we need even more townies at this point though?
  • University - I mostly play them for the story-value of sims attending them and not the default gameplay itself, which I've heavily modified to my liking, but I like the LTW feature the most.
  • Pets - This would've been higher on my list but I find it somewhat lacking in implementation. I'm also confused why the furniture looks more The Jetsons instead of something like TS3's Farm Fresh Folk Set (though I guess that's in Seasons anyway); it's useful for certain settings, but I'm curious as to how Pets made them go for this specific aesthetic.
  • Bon Voyage - I'll be honest - I use BV more like a SP (especially for the camping/mountain themes) and like it primarily for allowing us to walk to lots. I'm not fond of beaches or vacations either, so it doesn't suit my playstyle. The Unsavory Charlatan also seems to have a one-sided fixation on me, which was funny until he actively stalked my sims around.
  • FreeTime - Elaboration below.
Stuff Packs:
  • Mansion and Garden - I love the roof angle adjuster.
  • IKEA
  • Kitchen and Bath
  • H&M Fashion
  • Teen Style Stuff
  • Glamour Life Stuff - I think the bedroom set is all right, but I haven't used the clothes that much.
  • Family Fun Stuff - I'm okay with the medieval children's bedroom set (not my style so it's hardly used), though not a fan of much else.
  • Celebration - I'm generally not fond of the objects' color schemes in-game and the items don't see frequent use either.
  • Happy Holiday - I never installed this since I don't particularly want nor need its features.

If you had to remove an expansion, which one would it be, and why?
FreeTime (you knew it was coming). I love the idea, but as I mentioned, the execution was lost on me, and I wish it wasn't. My favorite feature from this EP is the option to have secondary aspirations, I like the Indie Wave radio station, and some of the additional activities are interesting, like pottery and repairing cars.

Still, there are several things that weigh it down and asides from the shoddy hobby system, it seems to be a matter of playstyle. I prefer gameplay on the slightly more challenging side and FT has features that don't see any use in my games at all - LTA permaplats, aspiration benefits, and genie lamps have been banned among other things. I might have been more amenable if you could choose the benefits instead of the ladder system they chose to implement. I'm not fond of the BFF system and most of the career rewards pale in comparison to the previous ones. There are also a few other minor qualms, like the attraction to and disengagement from the toddler activity table and how they broke contacting NPCs through the phone. Some of these are fixable through mods, but the hobby system affects the want trees, which are more difficult to tune.

This easily could've been one of my favorite EPs if it weren't for all these problems - I loved the potential but not the execution.
Test Subject
#781 Old 3rd Apr 2018 at 6:02 PM
University is my least favorite. I've never had the desire to play around with it much and it's just kinda boring.
I have a love hate relationship with Pets, love because I'm a "omg puppies and kittens" kinda person but hate because that's really its only appeal. Open For Business is okay, I like the features it has and god I love Servos so much

I'll probably love Seasons and Apartment Life until I die.

Nightlife is essential. That's all I have to say. As for the Freetime and Bon Voyage, I love them too, but never as much as Seasons and AL

I think tonight's gonna be an ice cream night.
Lab Assistant
#782 Old 31st May 2018 at 7:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintFinch
University is my least favorite. I've never had the desire to play around with it much and it's just kinda boring.
I have a love hate relationship with Pets, love because I'm a "omg puppies and kittens" kinda person but hate because that's really its only appeal. Open For Business is okay, I like the features it has and god I love Servos so much

I'll probably love Seasons and Apartment Life until I die.

Nightlife is essential. That's all I have to say. As for the Freetime and Bon Voyage, I love them too, but never as much as Seasons and AL

I've heard that Uni in TS2 isn't that good. I have Nightlife which I highly recommend.
Mad Poster
#783 Old 31st May 2018 at 8:30 PM
Well, you didn't hear that from me! A lot of people don't like it, but I'm convinced that this is usually because they're not approaching it on its own terms.

First of all, time moves differently there (unless you have an age mod that greatly extends normal sim lifespans, like Almighty Hat's "It's the Proportion). University is on a completely different time scale. If it moved at the same pace as the main neighborhood, you wouldn't have time for anything except Grinding for Grades, and what fun would that be?

University isn't about getting the grades. It's about splashing out, trying new things, really getting to know your sims. Unlike other sims, YAs have a game mechanic for natural character change and development - the opportunity to change aspiration at the beginning of Junior Year. YA sims have time to do proper courtship and engagements, rather than the rush to get married in the bathroom at 2AM that I'm always seeing other people do. They have time and space to write novels, start a garage band and go out to have gigs, have as many first dates as a Pleasure sim can stomach before finally growing up and settling down to a new Fortune aspiration. They can take craft stations with them and make stock for their future store. Heck, they can start the store! Or they can just party all the time. Or they can grind for grades. Or they can invite their families over a lot. The goals the game sets are easy, so you set your own. The more active sims you have in University at the same time, the more fun you can have; and if, in the end, you find you've got too many sims to play in the main hood - graduate them or drop them out and turn them into townies.

Some people, of course, don't like any of that, and that's fine, too. But don't take anybody's word for it. Try it for yourself. If you turn out not to like it, or to like parts of it and not others, that's what mods and cheats are for.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#784 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 9:16 AM Last edited by Sepowo : 9th Jul 2018 at 11:12 AM.
My favourite EP could be Open For Business : badges are great, the business system is well programmed even if you need some mods (like any TS2 EP) to work 100% properly, the subhood Bluewater Village is nice (finally we have the Landgraab family !), some CAS elements may be too tacky nowadays but default replacements can solve the problem. I don't like custom careers so the 'employee career' is essential to me. Oh, and servos of course.
My second favourite is Seasons and my third is Nightlife.

My least favourite is clearly Free Time : Desiderata Valley kinda bore me, hobbies system could have been way better, the science hobby is a bit forgotten, there is not enough new objects, secret hobbies lot are useless to me. The worst part : you can't assign a hobby to your sim, the game decides for you ! Really, EAxis ? This EP needs a lot of correcting mods to be logical, consistent and fun...
Page 32 of 32