Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:48 AM
I would say that I'm surprised and appalled by this but what do you expect from a company that has more than one current lawsuit from previous customers? It is painfully obvious that EA is probably the only gaming company out there that can pull something like this on their fanbase, mostly because the fanbase allows them to do these things.

I feel sorry for the people who are disappointed with this news, you have my sympathy and I hope you get the game you want. Myself? I'm just happy that the apathy for Sims 3 hit me early on with the first bit I read and everything that I've heard since has merely added to my lack of interest.

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Advertisement
#52 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:39 AM
Yea i red that just now, oh well i guess ill have to wait till i go to cali until its released and then play it when i get there since i will be in a boring neighborhood anyway lol (long story)
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by panther00567
Crap! I'm gonna be in Poland when it comes out (visiting relatives)

Argh. Maybe I can buy it there :P

Yeah Ill be flying to Poland too the day after it comes out, ill grab a copy though but I wont be able to play it until I get their gah!!!!!!!!! lol
Scholar
#54 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 7:18 AM
Hmm. It sucks for everyone who was gonna buy it, but I wasn't going to be able to buy the game anyway (everything great except RAM! rrrr) and this gives me more time to finish a story while the sims 2 interest is still going.

*creeps away before gets told off by sims 3 fans*

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Instructor
#55 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 10:02 AM
Personally I totally expected this delay, so it comes as no shocker to me at all. Even though I may run out and buy a game on the day of release, I am not one to install right away. I really hate the game 'vanilla' and prefer to wait to install until some of those fan-freakin-tastic modders get to work their magic first. Yes, it is a bummer for the delay especially if its for fiscal reasoning as opposed to giving us a less buggy game, but what can we do other than complain a little and sit and wait. Trust me, time flies and June will be upon us before you know it anyway. Hang in there kiddos!
Theorist
#56 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 11:16 AM
I'm not surprised.

There's nothing you can do so get back to reality for a bit. I like games as much as anyone but obsessing about one game and pinning all your hopes, dreams and desires on it being the end all and be all is silly.

As far as profit, one of the few industries doing well now are 'game makers'...people need their escapism these days. However, I'd prefer a less glitch filled game so let them keep working.

The only bad part is it's a few more months of squealing fans speculating 'what's in the game' and 'what's not...' :eviltongu

One bad thing (for EA) is that people might have been budgeting for the game now. I just had a birthday and technically I could go out and buy this game. However, in a few months that money may be gone....so...who knows?

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Forum Resident
#57 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Furude Rika
Sorry, I just don't like whiners! Particularly over something so trivial and frivolous. All I advised was instead of whining and feeling sorry for yourself, look on the positive side, and do something. I know a lot of people had an visceral reaction to this, and that there are a lot of young people on this forum. But, you have to grow up someday. I'm just helping them along.

The rest you quoted is not helping you. I already read that. I stand by what I said. Now onto this if you don't like whining DON'T read it! Stop telling people how to feel it's annoying. It's okay to be BUMMED. I'm a little bummed I probably won't buy it right away because of the release date now (Before you even say it I'll be in the hospital in June it is why I won't be able to play). Sucks the big one. I really doubt anyone is taking it as seriously as you seem to think. Many of us are grow ups.
#58 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:19 PM
It's fine to be bummed. What I don't like is people bewailing their life, acting like spoiled brats over it, failing to listen to reason or read at all, and basically behaving entirely out of proportion over a stupid game about controlling simulated people's lives (for example, on Snooty Sims people are """"joking"""" that they want to go to Redwood City to burn down EA's offices). All I want is for people to at least TRY to act like adults. Because if I wanted to have a conversation with a ten year old, I'd be posting on the official BBS and not here. You're going to be in the hospital in June? I'm sorry. At least you can get medical treatment and presumably have some form of health insurance! You can't say that about the 1000 people EA just laid off.

To move on to more relevant topics rather than the damaged psychological health of whacko Sims players, Ben Bell sent this email to edenstyle:

Quote:
The game is coming together really well, and we appreciate getting all of your wonderful feedback from The Sims 3 Creators’ Camp. We are looking forward to the upcoming months and using this time to make the gameplay the best experience to date from The Sims."

In other words, they aren't sitting on the game for four months and it doesn't seem like the economy was the only reason for the delay. Clearly they are still working on the game.
#59 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 1:28 PM
It's fine to be bummed. What I don't like is people bewailing their life, acting like spoiled brats over it, failing to listen to reason or read at all, and basically behaving entirely out of proportion over a stupid game about controlling simulated people's lives (for example, on Snooty Sims people are """"joking"""" that they want to go to Redwood City to burn down EA's offices). All I want is for people to at least TRY to act like adults. Because if I wanted to have a conversation with a ten year old, I'd be posting on the official BBS and not here. You're going to be in the hospital in June? I'm sorry. At least you can get medical treatment and presumably have some form of health insurance! You can't say that about the 1000 people EA just laid off.

To move on to more relevant topics rather than the damaged psychological health of whacko Sims players, Ben Bell sent this email to edenstyle:

In other words, they aren't sitting on the game for four months and it doesn't seem like the economy was the only reason for the delay. Clearly they are still working on the game.

Hey, I agree with your post. I think complaining is okay, but not illogical and immature whining.

The press release we had yesterday was directed towards Marketing, which is why it is slanted that way. They didn't need to say things about bugs etc.

If they released one for players, it would be about working on the game and perfecting it.

People don't seem to understand how PR's work.
Alchemist
#60 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 2:36 PM
I guess this is great news for the mac folks though
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:29 PM
well....i guess I'm just going to crumble and install all the sims2 stuff on my new computer. Its been almost a year since I had to quit, because of my old computer. I didn't exactly want to spend a day doing that, expecting myself to not care of it once the sims 3 was here. But, now its too far away. I don't have anything past seasons, so if anyone wants to recommend to me what you would think is worth the dollar to buy( i.e, free time, apartment life, ikea stuff, kitchen bath, ect....) that would be awesome for me. I guess I will be seeing you guys around soon in the picture threads

the good thing about all this is maybe they will put in the texture upload can make things more "custom"
#62 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:34 PM
Honestly, if the game really is that far from completion they could have known even at the end of last year, and if thats the case, then we have every right to feel aggrieved.
And if it is being held off to release in the summer rather than now because they want to co-ordinate marketing and do a big build-up in June, when its in fact ready for gold right now, then that is bad of them

And you can say all you like about 'thats how a company operates though'
Don't forget companies and global corporations are made up of PEOPLE.
You make it sound like they all cyborgs, and theres no point trying to appeal to their humanity or sentiment because they don't have one.
Well thats a pretty narrow point of view. Not all of us are swearing and casting stones, just upset that the product is not complete after being giving Feb 20 as 'the day'.

So please just let us air our greivances in this thread without being trolls to us like. INNIT!!!
#63 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:50 PM
A game can still have problems that need to be ironed out and not be "THAT FAR FROM COMPLETION!!!!" Clearly it's a combination of forces -- they want to market the game better; there are bugs and features they still want to work on. If there are just a few bugs that are proving to be more difficult to work on than they thought, yes, that could lead to this long of a delay!

Remember also that they just had the Creators Camp a few weeks ago. They got feedback from players then, and there may have been some feedback which threw them for a loop and made them rethink certain aspects of the game. In other words, they might be changing parts of the game to make it more user friendly, or to put things in there that they didn't realize players wanted so much.

Somebody on Snooty claimed that when TS2 was delayed (and yes, guys, remember that TS2 was delayed for about 6 or 7 months? Oh no, but I thought Maxis were saints and it's just ebil old EA that's at the root of this ... seriously, three years from now everyone in this thread will have probably forgotten the hissy fits being thrown over this, that's how unimportant it is) the developers actually added in the entire Wants and Fears concept. I don't know if this is true and I'd be interested to know. Maybe we'll get a whole new concept added to the game during this delay, though since it is far shorter than the TS2 delay was, it might not be that big. *prays for aliens*
Forum Resident
#64 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:52 PM
Like many others, the delay I can live with... it's just the "lets not tell them till the game is practically on their hard-drives" that really annoys me. But heck, guess life goes on. I'm sticking to GTA4, RCT2 and any other games that hold me over till June. =D
#65 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 3:56 PM
EA's big mistake in this isn't delaying the game. Delays happen, they're rarely fun, but they happen. The mistake was giving us a concrete date so early. A "First half of 2009" would have been enough, and technically still true.

So yeah, I wish Sims 3 had it the Feb 20th date, too. But it won't. No big deal, I've got a pretty big backlog of games where I quit playing just before the end. (Why do I keep doing that?!) to play, and there's always new neighborhoods to make in Sims 2. Or maybe I should do a Legacy, never got any further than Generation 3 in any neighborhood, meaning I actually haven't taken a Sim from cradle to grave. And when June rolls around, I'll get Sims 3.

Short version: Boo on EA for making a promise they couldn't keep, but life goes on and eventually the new release date will be here. Just don't stress too much over it, it won't get here any faster anyway.
Instructor
#66 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:07 PM
Somebody on Snooty claimed that when TS2 was delayed (and yes, guys, remember that TS2 was delayed for about 6 or 7 months?

I was saying just that thing to my hubby this morning when he asked me what I thought of the delay. I told him I had expected it because TS2 had been delayed about 6 months from their original intended release date. 4 months is less than that, so I dont think it is too bad at all. We waited for TS2 and I think most will atest to the wait being very well worth it once the game did release.

As I said earlier, I am willing to be patient for 4 more months for a less buggy version of the game. (And if they really are doing this for max profit then are stupid to release it in June. They shouldve shot for April in the US- when most have extra cash from getting their tax returns!)
#67 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:23 PM
Does anyone else think the new box art is sucky?

http://www.dpadmagazine.com/wp-cont.../02/simsbox.jpg

I find it far too busy and retro looking. Nope. Not a fan. I liked the other one with just a few sims on it.
And, on a second look, it's 98% white sims. Not that it bothers me, but surely that will rile some people up?

Also... anyone know why Amazon UK is saying a release date of June 5th and not the 2nd? Great.
#68 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:23 PM
June!? Seriously. I mean, I understand they need time to develop, but uhm.. jeez. :/
#69 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:23 PM
LOL! Just found this!

Which company has just held back a big sequel till June in order to ensure a better marketing launch?

EA.

...With the Godfather II!!!! :madashel:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/950/950864p1.html
Test Subject
#70 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:32 PM
I think the major issue coming from this is why did they wait so long to announce a delay?

17 DAYS before the release and they push it back to 4 MONTHS?!

I read it last night (after throwing my laptop on the floor) and woke up this morning, hoping it was a prank or something...

This pisses me off in so many ways...and I don't care about whining!

This is a big-time BS. I kinda want a refund...(damn addicting game).
Field Researcher
#71 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cavilez1987
Ha ha not my husband. He understands that this is something I love to do and hearing such news is very upsetting and he comforted me about it and told me I could get everything I don't have (i.e. TSS and a new Ikea because the one I had borked my game).

We both have great husbands, because mine was bummed for me, too! He went out and picked up Freetime for me last weekend when the delay rumors were heating up.

EA is probably banking on the idea that a lot of simmers are going to do the exact same thing. They drum up more hype (and hopefully polish any bugs) for the Sims 3 and make money on those who might buy an expansion/stuff pack to fill the void until June.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:06 PM
Sigh. Very bummed about this. I was looking forward to having a few months to play before I got ginormous (I'm 3 months pregnant with twins). Plus I was thinking it'd be a good distraction. I guess I'll have to pick up Mansions & Gardens now, although it won't be as distracting.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Alchemist
#73 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist_
LOL! Just found this!

Which company has just held back a big sequel till June in order to ensure a better marketing launch?

EA.

...With the Godfather II!!!! :madashel:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/950/950864p1.html

Considering what it was up against(Street Fighter 4) I could see the logic. But since when hasn't a Sims game held it's own against the competition? And if that's the case why June? What's coming out in March or April, or even May that it would have had to compete against? I agree with someone else who posted on the other thread that this was a result of bad feedback from the Creator Camp
Theorist
#74 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissTech
I was saying just that thing to my hubby this morning when he asked me what I thought of the delay. I told him I had expected it because TS2 had been delayed about 6 months from their original intended release date. 4 months is less than that, so I dont think it is too bad at all. We waited for TS2 and I think most will atest to the wait being very well worth it once the game did release.

As I said earlier, I am willing to be patient for 4 more months for a less buggy version of the game. (And if they really are doing this for max profit then are stupid to release it in June. They shouldve shot for April in the US- when most have extra cash from getting their tax returns!)

I also expected the delay so I wasn't surprise at all. To be honest I'm not really interested in TS3 at the moment. It's not appealing.

I remember TS2 being delayed as well and I'm quite surprise to see how people react today.
#75 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 5:35 PM
I just purchased the original Sims Complete Collection to entertain me for a while. It may be a huge step back, but it's something... plus I had gift cards to burn from my Birthday and Christmas. I was going to use them toward TS3 originally, but as it isn't for quite some time now.. I decided to use them now.
Page 3 of 11