Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:03 PM
New Info Those That Played The Sims 3 Today
Some new info from peopel who played The Sims 3 Today the EA UK Sims 3 forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopazAmby
You guys dont really sound that excited about it

Gothical_Girl_04
It was amazing to play, But i think because 2 hours is such a short time, there isnt much to tell, so maybe thats why we dont sound excited? haha

There are many good qualities about TS3, but maybe cause I have all the EP's and all the SP's for TS2 that TS3 base game seems bare? Duno....

Stil cant wait to get my hands on it and take time over things

I was one of the few but lucky ones to play the game (second one in) and even I couldnt understand how to switch from family to family.
My sim did get married to a rich guy, who had a bigger house, and I was about to move in there... But I got it all wrong and ended up playing the house that the rich guy left behind. I was trying to work out how to change it, but then my two hours expired

As for other information:
I could not find a wedding arch, or wedding dresses... this made me sad
You couldn't ask a NPC to move in, which also sucked.
Interactions have improved, but have shorterned. There was less options, (like, play, admire, etc) But more options for other things (Like it went Romantic --> Whisper in ear, or shy kiss, things like that
You could customise everything!!!! In the bedroom, I think that there was carpet on the floor, I just used the Create a Style tool and made it look like wood -At no cost!!!
Exploring the neighbourhood was so easy... but I found that some places, your sim went in, but you got to see nothing.
When a sim goes to work, you go with them, but again, when you arrive, you see nothing
And skill building CONFUSED the heck out of me! Normally with a book shelf, you could learn Cooking, Cleaning and Mechanical - well this time, you read a book (For example cooking was something about too much salt) I couldnt find the others really
All in all, it was a good preview, but I didnt get to do as much as I wanted because two hours was soo short!

The Sims 3 Preview

Sunset Valley News got invited to an exclusive preview of The Sims 3 with EAUK in London and Manchester in May 2009. Other fans also represented us and together we have collaborated to bring you this report. There were some delays, but eventually, all the people got thier two hours with the game!

Firstly, friends. Now sims will approach "compatible" sims with similar traits and interests. They will meet and grow a relationship together. One of our reps demonstrated this by thier sim meeting another, which later grew into a higher relationship, then marriage.

A question that has keep been coming up is the matter of surnames. In The Sims 2, families had to have the same surname, and only university households could have different-surnamed sims. Now, in The Sims 3, sims can have different surnames, and all be part of the same household.

Onto transport. A question which was asked to a fan who attended the event, was can families go on a bike ride together. We believe you can. When a sim needs to go somewhere, a small pop-up appears in the corner, asking the player "Walk, Car, Bike, Run". Staying on the subject of bikes, sims can only ride a bike on roads. Sims cannot ride bikes elsewhere, like off-road. It would be cool to see your sim mountain-bike down the sand dunes of Sunset Valley! Actually, the beaches are very interesting in The Sims 3...

In fact, there are several beaches in Sunset Valley. We think that each beach has it's own features, and there's a lot of space on them to do it in. On beaches, sims can have barbeques and more activites.

One amazing thing is that your sim can be talking to another sim about a certain topic, and then that sim is thinking about something totally different! It's very funny to watch conversations between sims! Also, when socializing, you can also see how your sim is doing

Simmers worldwide loved two of the objects added in The Sims 2: Apartment Life. However, these objects don't make a return in The Sims 3. From what we could see, spiral staircases and the bookcase door are not in the base game of The Sims 3. Spiral Staircases were a very in-demand feature of TS2: AL, so they may be added in an expansion pack later.

Onto birthdays. Sims can buy cakes and make a big bash out of a sim's birthday. The "new-and-improved" party planner gives ease into planning on. Don't build your hopes up, but sims may also be able to give each other presents. Unfortunately only two hours were given, so not many features were experienced in the little time given.

No spiral staircase in the basegame. You can change the width of the stairs though, so instead of having to place 2 or 3 sets of stairs to make a grand staircase, you just need the one now and alter the width of the step. Very easy to do.

Garage do make a return, however, but they are not required. Cars can be placed anywhere around the lot!

The only musical instrument in The Sims 3 is the guitar

Babies. Your sim can either stay at home and have the baby OR be sent to the hospital. To send her, you just click on her and it says 'Send to hospital'. She then runs out of the house, into a car or taxi and goes to the hospital. Once the male has calmed down and realised what's happening, he goes and jumps in a taxi and arrives at the hospital with an icon saying 'Stays with Mother'. I thought it was quite cute. Once the baby is born, your asked to name the new baby (you have to read it carefully though as it doesn't show the gender like before) and to give it 1 (yes, one) trait. Once all that is done the new mother walks out of the hospital with the baby wrapped in the corresponding blanket (blue for boys, pink for girls) and then it's a case of everyone jumps in the taxi and returns home.

The Sims 3 Store is launching in June, alongside the release of the base game. Objects from the store and exchange can be bought/viewed and downloaded into the store via the pre-game launcher. Unlike in The Sims 2, custom content cannot be downloaded whilst playing the game. A custom content icon is still placed next to downloaded objects in the Buy/Build mode catalogues, however.

The Seamless Neighbourhood is fantastic! You literally click anywhere in the town and zoom in to see life. It's a little like Spore, were in Space Stage, you can watch creatures just go through thier daily routine! It's also very easy to find your sim. Like lots (etc), your sim is found by an icon. Once you get the hang of the controls, it's very fun and easy to use.

It has been confirmed before, but one cool feature is how sims recognise other sims according to thier career rank. In addition to high-ranked soldiers and music stars for example, it is cool to see your top athelete walking out of the gym to a crowd of people screaming! I might be incorrectly reading these speech bubbles, but I think you may be cheered on in any competitions there may be in the game.

Finally, we had a look into the community lots. In the community pool, however, you can only swim. As we only had little time to play, it may have more actions once you increase Body Skill

It was a fantastic experience! It will be great to do this again another time!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:29 PM
Thanks for the info KP. Good stuff
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2009 at 8:43 PM
ill awnser with simple yes or no aswnsers
1) Will Sims be able to do laundry? no
2) Will Sims be able to do ironing?no
3) Will Sims be able to give birth in hospitals? yes
4) Will there be car-accidents? no
5) Can we watch Sims at school? no
6) Will Sims be able to swim in the sea?no
7) Will there be ships? no
Can Sims travel in bus? no
9) Can Sims travel in train? no
10) Will there be vacuum cleaners? no
11) Will there be, like, quizzes, as Millionaire or similar?no
12) When Sims die, will there be funerals or that Ghost from The Sims 2 will come? both
13) When Sims get sick, can we know what kind of sickness is that- like: cancer or similar? no
14) Will Sims go to surgeries? hospitals
15) Can Sims go to prison? no
16) Will there be Santa? no
17) Will Sims go to Church? no
1 Will there be, like, different religions? no
19) Will there be libraries? yes
20) Will Sims be able to go to football (or other sports) games? yes but you cant se them

these are answers from someone who played the sims 3 today you can read more over at EA SIMs 3 forums uk

3 computers install limit with one disk. Most people who went today did not get to play it because EA only sent 2 disks to London and Manchester and it was supposed to be 40 people and have 2 hours each, lot's were let down read one case here.

Once upon a time there was a woman called Salaynia who had won a competition to play the sims 3 on May 4th 09.
Now Salaynia was very excited because she never wins anything, therefore she thought her luck had changed for the better.

Prior to the day Salaynia being as excited as she was drew up plans for her first ever sim, which included the traits and the life time wishes. She also drew plans of the house she was going to build for the greatly anticipated sims 3 game.

Salaynia got on the tram at 1.10pm and headed to Manchester. All the way there she was smiling to herself because she was so excited and eager to play the game. She tried to hide her smile but at times she just couldn't and she felt she was going to burst with excitement.

Salaynia got to HMV and thought I've arrived early so I will go downstairs to the gamer station and have a look around, by this time it was 1.45pm.
Salaynia was greeted by a representative from EA (very good lucking chap) who said they were running 15mins late as they had problems. Salaynia was the second person to arrive and laughed at herself being the eager beaver that she was. Salaynia smiled and said that was O.K and she would come back at 2.15pm. The EA rep said he was really sorry he was very lovely.

So off Salaynia went looking around the shops. Nothing she thought could wipe the smile of her face and even if they were 15mins late she was going to play the sims 3 in 30 minutes. She thought she had waited since Feb till now to play the game so 30mins more wasn't a problem.

Salaynia arrived back at the gamer station and began speaking to someone and her mother who was also waiting to play the game, they said it has been delayed for another 30mins.
By this time Salaynia's smile started to show cracks. So she went to speak to the EA representative to make sure that what she was hearing was true. Unfortunately it was true (she could not repeat on this forum what she was now thinking and I was beginning to turn into a red eyed monster) . So Salaynia smiled again at the EA rep and went on her way. Again the EA rep apologised.

Salaynia sat and had a cappuccino at Star Bucks and hung around for a further 30 mins then returned to the gamer station.
Everyone was sitting down, YES! she thought finally she was going to have 2 whole hours to play the game.

Salaynia was then told by the EA rep that there wasn't a computer for her and that she would have to sit with someone and watch them play or share the computer. The EA rep was very apologetic and contacted EA but a lass they couldn't do anything about it.

Salaynia was told by the rep that he had four discs, each disc was supposed to load up so many computers but only loaded two. So Salaynia and another lady could only watch.

Andy the guy I sat with was lovely and I thank you Andy for being so inviting bless you honey.
Inside Salaynia wanted to cry but continued to smile because **** happens and it had definitely happened to her today.

So I suppose I just want to say to EA thanks for letting me down. You have made me a very sad and upset person.
If there are any further competitions you can shove them where the sun doesn't shine. I will definitely not be entering another one........

The End.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:25 PM
I managed to get to play today. My full report will come later after I get something to eat.

Edit: Here's my notes - http://forums.sims-community.com/sh...63&postcount=30

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Alchemist
#5 Old 5th May 2009 at 3:46 AM
I feel bad for the person who didn't get to play it. What a bunch of clowns EA is.
#6 Old 6th May 2009 at 2:02 AM
That doesn't even make any sense..
Alchemist
#7 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsMarsters

What doesn't make sense about it?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th May 2009 at 7:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsMarsters

It does if you can read across time and space. I mean, if you can read across multiple tenses.
#9 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:35 AM
I was referring to why it would even be an issue. I don't understand how or why there would even be an issue with people not being able to play. It sounds silly. A silly issue that should not have even happened. I wonder if they'll somehow make it up to these people whose time they wasted.

"It does if you can read across time and space. I mean, if you can read across multiple tenses."

What do you mean by this?
#10 Old 7th May 2009 at 9:50 AM
I think they mean how badly written the Salaynia thing was. Probably cause she was venting.

I understand why she would be upset, but things like that happen in life. At least you got to sit with Andy and play! Be happy for that. The majority of us didn't even get to do that, since we weren't invited to the event.

EA made a mistake, it happens. Sounds like it was a communication error.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 7th May 2009 at 1:58 PM
Oh my word...

Everyone who was invited to the event, check your emails...NOW!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:16 PM
Hey, hey! WHAT?! Don't keep those of us on the other side of the pond in suspense!
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:18 PM
"Hi, and thanks for bearing with us following the issues we had at The Sims 3 event.

We know this did not work out as planned and apologise for all the frustrations and the inconvenience you experienced on the day. This was due to us being keen to use the very latest version of the game but later finding it could only be installed on 2 PC’s (a change from previous versions) which lead to us having far fewer machines to use across the group.

Ultimately this was human error and we are very sorry for ruining your day so we'd like to offer to send you a free copy of The Sims 3 at release. We are going to try our best to have this with you a few days prior to the release date, but cannot promise an actual delivery date at this time."

Well, I think this settles my personal debate on pre-ordering it, or waiting until I get some more money. :D

Field Researcher
#14 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
"Hi, and thanks for bearing with us following the issues we had at The Sims 3 event.

We know this did not work out as planned and apologise for all the frustrations and the inconvenience you experienced on the day. This was due to us being keen to use the very latest version of the game but later finding it could only be installed on 2 PC’s (a change from previous versions) which lead to us having far fewer machines to use across the group.

Ultimately this was human error and we are very sorry for ruining your day so we'd like to offer to send you a free copy of The Sims 3 at release. We are going to try our best to have this with you a few days prior to the release date, but cannot promise an actual delivery date at this time."

Well, I think this settles my personal debate on pre-ordering it, or waiting until I get some more money. :D

Well, as quick as I usually am to bash EA... this actually makes me a bit happier for those that had a poor experience there.

Grats for the free copy!

Peace

I am not bigoted for race, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, or age... I do, however, have a big problem with stupidity, and stupidity knows no boundaries.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:04 PM

Oh My WORD!! O__o Now THAT is a nice consolation!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 7th May 2009 at 3:57 PM
"This was due to us being keen to use the very latest version of the game but later finding it could only be installed on 2 PC’s (a change from previous versions) which lead to us having far fewer machines to use across the group."

Why could it only be installed on two PC's, I wonder? Were the rest too old/ slow/ insufficient? Does that mean the 'reality' specs are higher than the 'suggested minimum' specs? If it WAS an install limit issue and not a specs issue, there's no excuse for that.
Alchemist
#17 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hinoemasim
Why could it only be installed on two PC's, I wonder? Were the rest too old/ slow/ insufficient? Does that mean the 'reality' specs are higher than the 'suggested minimum' specs? If it WAS an install limit issue and not a specs issue, there's no excuse for that.

I was curious about that when I read the post. I'm thinking no way it can be a spec issue if it was an EA sponsored event. I have to believe EA is at least smart enough not to use underpowered PCs for such an event.
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:43 PM
It was because the discs were specially coded to only install 2 times per in case they were lost/stolen. Each event had 2 discs, which the ones running the event thought would install 5 times, but as you see they didn't.

Alchemist
#19 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:10 PM
So wait, every single person who went to these events are getting a free copy?
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:14 PM
All the competition winners are.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:20 PM
I was invited too...even though I live in the U.S. LOL

Wow! That was really generous of them! And it may even come early.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#22 Old 7th May 2009 at 8:42 PM
I wish they would have a US event, but if they did it probably would be in redwood, which is a good 6-7 hours away from me. Well at least they made it up to you.
#23 Old 7th May 2009 at 10:05 PM
I wish they'd have an event like that in the Chicago area. California is way too far away for me to attend anything. So is anything on the east coast.
#24 Old 7th May 2009 at 11:02 PM
Alls well that ends well.

Congrats to all who get a free game!
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
#25 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Wow! That was really generous of them! And it may even come early.

Seriously....how much do you think it costs EA Games to give out a free game? It's not really making a huge dent in their profits (LOL).

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: oldddddddd
Page 1 of 2