Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:49 PM
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th May 2009 at 3:06 PM
Awesome news!! Looking forward to playing it! :D
Alchemist
#3 Old 8th May 2009 at 6:06 PM
Guess that means definitely no second delay. Let's hope they used the time wisely
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2009 at 6:23 PM
It's just been posted on the US sims 3 site now.The dutch site first announced it.
http://thesims3.ea.com/view/pages/n...HESIMS3GOESGOLD
#5 Old 8th May 2009 at 8:21 PM
I'm relieved.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2009 at 8:57 PM
I was never worried to be honest. I believed it was going to be released June 2 merely because the heavy promotion was pretty much a given. I mean, real-life bilboards and tons of Sims 3 merchandise? I have never heard of such heavy promotion gone to waste, but of course I could most definitely be wrong. I just can't think of any game right now that has had this much media attention and promotion with a set date to then be delayed. I'm just talking about games, not movies or music. I know Sims 2 was delayed but I didn't remember as much promotion until the new date was set in stone.

Regardless, this should alleviate many people because I totally understand the reassurance this news gives them. So now we can officially look forward to actually playing the game in less than a month! I seriously can't wait now because of the release date being so close!
#7 Old 8th May 2009 at 9:09 PM
Well that's good Too bad my comp can't handle it at the moment and I can't afford upgrading right now.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th May 2009 at 2:32 AM
*faints ... before standing up and doing a dance*
There's no going back now! Woohoo!!!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:43 AM
It sure helps as a reassurance.
Theorist
#10 Old 9th May 2009 at 5:24 AM
Woooo! I was pretty confident that The Sims 3 wouldn't be delayed, it's pretty cool that a big game is not being released in the fall! I'll have so much time to play! :D
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 9th May 2009 at 3:19 PM
Exactly.This and Ghostbusters is the only game I'll be getting this year and GB comes out the 16th or 19th of June not long after the sims 3.
Alchemist
#12 Old 9th May 2009 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Exactly.This and Ghostbusters is the only game I'll be getting this year and GB comes out the 16th or 19th of June not long after the sims 3.

Man have you seen the videos of that GhostBusters game? Have they released any system requirements on that yet?
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:09 PM
Yes they have at the link scroll down and their there.If you can play the sims 3 you can play GB.

http://www.atari.com/us/games/ghostbusters/dvd_rom

Edit you'll have to click on system reg under the trailer to see them.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:22 PM
And now that I pre-ordered it and paid in full at GameStop, I SHOULD be able to get it literally on June 2 just like they told me. I'll be upset if I have to wait a few days extra like some people have with pre-orders. But I'm new to pre-ordering so we'll see how this works out.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:28 PM
In my experience with game stop if something comes out like say on June 2nd you may have to wait a day or two for it to ship to the store and that sometimes takes a day or two. I pre-order stuff with them all the time, it's the only place I do my game shopping other than Vintage Stock.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:34 PM
Yeah, but the clerk told me yesterday that I will be able to get it as soon as they open on June 2 because they will receive the pre-orders. But who knows, right? It would just suck to have to wait a bit longer because then that would mean that I didn't have to pre-order a copy at all since it will come out that week anyway. So it'd be pointless. Every other Sims game I have ever bought I usually got by the Wednesday or Thursday of the week. So if pre-ordering doesn't make a difference, then forget that option for next time. Although I wasn't sure if I was going to have the money for it by June 2 so that was partly why I paid for it in advance.
#17 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:52 PM
This is great news. Look forward to playing it on max, LOL.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th May 2009 at 7:59 PM
Gamestop is getting it a week before release.That's what the person at the register told me and she own her store.She says they will be on sale June 2nd.They get them a week early but can't sell till then.
#19 Old 9th May 2009 at 10:28 PM
The Sims 3 will definitely be for sale June 2nd because it's the street date. So legally, any store can sell it on June 2nd after 12:01 am. The Sims 2 expansions have always been released using ship dates, so that's why you couldn't actually buy them on that date. Street dates are much more accurate. Actually the first date they gave for TS3 (before the delay) was going to be a ship date. So I'm glad they changed to a street date. I used to have to call all the local stores and find out what day an EP will be on the shelves. Usually GameStop and Best Buy got it a day after the ship date and Wal-Mart and Target got it a day after them.
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 9th May 2009 at 11:42 PM
I just checked with my gamestop about the strategy guide and their taking preorders.She said it will be in the store the 27th for sale.It comes out a week before the game so when I get it I'll post any new info I find.I preordered it today.
Theorist
#21 Old 10th May 2009 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
And now that I pre-ordered it and paid in full at GameStop, I SHOULD be able to get it literally on June 2 just like they told me. I'll be upset if I have to wait a few days extra like some people have with pre-orders. But I'm new to pre-ordering so we'll see how this works out.

It's my first time pre-ordering too, this game is going to sell like crazy...good thing TS3 went gold a month in advance. The person working the cash register at EB Games just said they'll call me when they get it in, she didn't say it was most definitely going to be the 2nd. I live in Ontario, Canada so I'm thinking it might take until the Wednesday until I get it, but since this is a major release maybe I'll still get it Tuesday. You're not too far away from me so we'll probably get the game around the same time.

Edit: I only realized now that I'm getting a "Prima Tips & Hints Guide" with the collector's edition...I wonder if it's the full guide or only a little snippet like with The Sims 2 special edition?
Mad Poster
#22 Old 10th May 2009 at 1:11 AM
I hope so! I have not been this excited about a Sims game since when Sims 2 first came out in 2004. I mean, I always get excited for every new EP but the excitement for EP's is not the same as the excitement for a new base game because that's the actual game and we will get to experience it for the first time. So the newness to the base game will wear off after a few months or so. Then the first EP is usually exciting because that is the first time the game gets to be changed.
#23 Old 10th May 2009 at 2:54 AM
That's great news. I'm very excited about the game. I was so disappointed back in February when they announced the delay. I've had it pre-ordered since December 2008! Granted, my mother pre-ordered the game for me as a Christmas gift, but still it was very annoying to learn that they'd pushed the game's release date to June. But now I know what I'll be doing all during that particular month.
Alchemist
#24 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
Yeah, but the clerk told me yesterday that I will be able to get it as soon as they open on June 2 because they will receive the pre-orders. But who knows, right? It would just suck to have to wait a bit longer because then that would mean that I didn't have to pre-order a copy at all since it will come out that week anyway. So it'd be pointless. Every other Sims game I have ever bought I usually got by the Wednesday or Thursday of the week. So if pre-ordering doesn't make a difference, then forget that option for next time. Although I wasn't sure if I was going to have the money for it by June 2 so that was partly why I paid for it in advance.

I've never pre ordered a game. I just walk in the store on the day of the release and pick it up
Forum Resident
#25 Old 10th May 2009 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Gamestop is getting it a week before release.That's what the person at the register told me and she own her store.She says they will be on sale June 2nd.They get them a week early but can't sell till then.

Nobody -owns- GameStops. It's corporately owned. Whoever you talked to was probably the store manager. She's also full of it because we only get them like 2 days in advance. So to answer the question from the others, it will be there on the day it releases. If it isn't then it's the fault of EA and not GameStop.

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Page 1 of 3