Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 25th Jul 2008 at 8:23 PM
-Seamless neighborhood Fine with, In fact, I like it. There is not point complaining about it, its a great feature!

-Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives Love, Totally, LOVE *I hate how slow the aging is now, This will speed things up I'm shure*

-Game will ship with one neighborhood HATEHATEHATEHATE I want the tool AT RELEASE EA NOT a few months after, I feel strongly about this..

-Moodlets in combination with need bars Fine, Its like the different wants/fears new options springing up with different places and items.

-5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring Cute *The apple doesn't fall too far from the tree*

-Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears mweh, I don't see anything BAD about it *Like improved graphics*

-Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another *LOVE*

-Difficulty levels Adds depth to the game, for instance a rich family may be too easy, so you just flip the difficulty to hard and watch them pee their pants or a "broke" style family, just flip to easy to give you a hand.

-Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims. Fine with, I don't understand why people don't like them, they seem to add much more diversity and individuality from my views.

Can I just say, about people not liking the non-continuous aging, It was either that or the seamless 'hood I think, "Either/or" I think they made the right choice but I think we definitely need a "Pre-Teen" age..

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#27 Old 26th Jul 2008 at 2:56 PM
Seamless neighborhood - Bigger sandboxes are always good.
Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives - I'm especially looking forward to this. I know it comes with some losses -- if I'm busy raising a toddler at the Simpson house, I may miss a wedding or breakup at the Simons' -- but my multi-generational games always get bogged down with households I have to keep in sync but can't generate a story for. It's comforting to know I can abandon them temporarily and not lose their potential.
Game will ship with one neighborhood - Not happy at all. Except for HP's megahood, I don't play the EAxis' hoods in Sims 2. I prefer the variety possible in custom hoods.
Moodlets in combination with need bars - no opinion yet. I'll need to play it.
5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring - If it allows more varied personalities, I'm all for it.
Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears - no opinion yet. I'll need to play it.
Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another - This is the first I've read about being able to move houses independent of lots. THRILLED! (Wish they could sneak this feature into the last S2 expansion. There are so many lovely beach houses not built on beach lots.)
Difficulty levels (from what I know, these are based on combination of traits within a family/household)- no opinion yet. I'll need to play it.
Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims. - The landscapes look lovely, the Sims less so.
#28 Old 27th Jul 2008 at 11:01 PM
Honestly I don't like many of the new ideas. At all.
But I know I'm still going to buy it. And I'm going to play it. And I'll get used to it. And I'll end up loving it.
At first Sims 2 was weird, but now I can't imagine anything better. I'm sure once I play it my tune will change. Just right now, I'm not too enthused by what I've heard.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simply_Sims
Maybe I'm shallow, but I will not buy TS3 if the Sims turn out to be that ugly.

Oh, me too!!!!!!!! And I'm REALLY nervous about the idea of sims living their lives while I don't control them. i'm not sure I like that at all. I'm a total control freak and I might not be able to handle it.
Test Subject
#30 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 8:54 AM
Hm, I don't like the idea, either, of sims living while I'm not controling them. And well, something that does bug me is that, even if the Sims 3 is great, I do not think I would be able to get over Sims2. + All the dear custom content I have tested, sampled & saved on my pc..

Or maybe the production would be so intelligent, as to make our Sims2 Custom Content compatible with Sims3.

*I also noticed, the faces do look somewhat diff. & odd.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 11:37 AM
Thrilled! I think the screenshots of the neighbourhood and landscaping in particular are mind-blowing, and the plants! And the light! And the views down the street and in the distance!!!:D
The CAS shots on SnootySims are very exciting, especially the poses, they look like they really have a lot of character and personality evident in their animations.
Facially, I think the sims do seem a little 'putty-like' (?!) so I really hope we'll be able to add in custom skin tones and eyes (not including the colour sliders we already sort-of-know about). Also, is it just me, or do all the preview sims' eyebrows seem a little narrow? As in they dont extend out far enough? Hmm, I hope there's a slider to fix that!

Game-play - I would hope there's a mid-point or two between having complete control or allowing complete autonomy. Like, they can do autonomous stuff but only within the lot or only to take care of physical needs.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 7:01 AM
-Seamless neighborhood Yay! Something I have wanted for a long time.

-Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives I'm fine with this as long as I can pause the families I want. Let the townies get on with their lives.

-Game will ship with only one neighborhood I do not like this! I especially do not like it if it's the neighbourhood shown in the screenshots. YAWN. I am so sick of the same ole, same ole roads we have had since the Sims 1. Not every city/town has the same boring road with the exact same stripe painted down the middle, with the exact same sidewalks. Heck, sometimes there is NO line down the middle! Sometimes the road is brick or cobblestone or gravel or even dirt (which we actually had in Makin" Magic; remember Magic Town?). Maybe without a sidewalk, only a footpath.

I'm also really tired of having just a small city/suburb type 'hood. I would really like to have a more rural or small town type community for a change along with the ability to build different types of roads.

-Moodlets in combination with need bars Unsure. The "buffs" thing sounds kinda dumb though. Are moodlets the same thing?

-5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring Sounds fine.

-Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears I guess this is ok as long as I can still make my sims miserable by not fulfilling them. But shouldn't they still have specific things that make them unhappy/sad/upset, too?

-Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another Sounds excellent.

-Difficulty levels (from what I know, these are based on combination of traits within a family/household)- This sounds like an attempt to woo "other" types of gamers. You know, the ones who won't play the Sims. Smells like PHAIL.

-Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims. I have to agree with some of the other posters here. Things look all pretty and shiny, except the sims. They are stil too rubbery looking and their eyes look kinda... dead. Plus they're pretty orange except for for maybe the fairest ones. And even though EA is making a big deal about the sliders and how you can customize their bodies... What I want to know is "Where are the women's breasts and butts?" (I know some of you are thinking the same thing!) None of the female sims from teen to elder in those screenshots is anything more than a modest B cup. And their buns are all flat, even the fat woman in the robe. Need more variety! I don't mean they need to have huge breasts, but a nice range like from flat-chested to maybe a D or DD. And maybe a slider for a rounded booty. The way it is now it looks like there are way more options for a male sim's body than a female's.

-Overall score- Somewhat happy
Field Researcher
#33 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 1:48 PM
I like everything what I know about TS3. Gameplay should be better than in TS2 now. Anyway, the look of TS2 is unobjectionable.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suziblue
-Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims. I have to agree with some of the other posters here. Things look all pretty and shiny, except the sims. They are stil too rubbery looking and their eyes look kinda... dead. Plus they're pretty orange except for for maybe the fairest ones. And even though EA is making a big deal about the sliders and how you can customize their bodies... What I want to know is "Where are the women's breasts and butts?" (I know some of you are thinking the same thing!) None of the female sims from teen to elder in those screenshots is anything more than a modest B cup. And their buns are all flat, even the fat woman in the robe. Need more variety! I don't mean they need to have huge breasts, but a nice range like from flat-chested to maybe a D or DD. And maybe a slider for a rounded booty. The way it is now it looks like there are way more options for a male sim's body than a female's.

100% agree.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 15th Aug 2008 at 5:36 PM
To be honest, I dont think I'll really decide on how I feel about these new features until I play the game for myself and see it all in action. There were things about the Sims 1 that I didn't like and Sims 2 by-and-large removed those. I love the Sims 2, but it isn't perfect.

Fundamentally, it'll still be the same game and, chances are, I'll fall in love with it and forget all about the Sims 2 and then come on here and be equally ambivilent about the Sims 4
#36 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
-Seamless neighborhood - I think that is a major thumbs up, i mean, I always wondered how would that be.
-Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives - I actually like it. As far as I've seen here, I guess I'm the only one who doesn't play with a lot of families, currently I have only three.
-Game will ship with one neighborhood - I like this too. This might sound silly but since Seasons came out with the new hood, I saw it and everything and got ubber excited and wanted to play there then I would lose all the "progress" I had on my previous hood. And that happened to me with all new hoods. LoL
-Moodlets in combination with need bars - Sounds good.
-5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring - Sounds good too, makes things more realistic.
-Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears - I like it, gives the Sim more choice instead of just being punished, lol.
-Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another - Hands down pure awesomeness.
-Difficulty levels (from what I know, these are based on combination of traits within a family/household) - I'd have to wait and see.
-Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims. - Like many people here, I was kinda worried about the looks of the Sims when Sims 2 came out. I'm opening my mind to how that is going to be. As long as it isn't too much like in Second Life, I'm okay.
Field Researcher
#37 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 9:29 AM
Seamless neighbourhood: Yay!! This is what I always wanted!
Families you aren't currently playing continue to live their lives: Great! Much less work. This is what I need, too.
Game will ship with one neighbourhood: I don't care about this. Always fit in one town. Not a big deal for me.
Moodlets in combination with need bars: Don't care, too. Will see.
5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring: I like word partially. And overall I like traits. Passing down in TS2 is bad...
Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears: Like it! Wants in TS2 are sometimes annoying.
Many new buy/build options ... : Everyone wants this! More freedom.
Difficulty levels: Now I can't get it how this will look in game, so - will see. But, still, for now this sounds good.
Graphical changes: At first when I saw graphics, it seemed to me like a cartoon or picture, and I was a bit disappointed about the sims look. But this wouldn't be a big deal for me.

Overall: Completely happy
#38 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 5:44 PM
-Seamless neighborhood That is great because you'll be able to actually explore the hole neighborhood (that to me looks more like a town
-Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives Totally, LOVE it!!!
-Game will ship with one neighborhood I don`t mind that because if you can save your game in slots you can reconstruct the town they gave us in one slot and have the original in another... so may be we'll be able to have slighly different neighborhoods before they gave us that tool to make them totally different...
-Moodlets in combination with need bars I really love that we'll have the option of just clicking a button to fullfill the needs.
-5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring really really really love the 5 traits sistem, just with this I'm totally buying the game
-Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears I like this. Is a new game so they can't have the same thing that in the sims 2...
-Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another this is really awesome!!! love it
-Difficulty levels don`t know till I play it
-Graphical changes. I like them... I think they HAVE to look different from the sims, again it's a new game so...

So I vot for: Completely happy. :banana:
#39 Old 13th Sep 2008 at 6:19 PM
Not as drastic as TS1 - TS2, but still a good step up. I'm getting it.

I hate the "Click to feed him" thing.
>_>
#40 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 9:29 PM
I voted somewhat happy.
I'm VERY excited about a seamless neighborhood. I'm not sure how I feel about just one neighborhood. I think it could be a blessing in disguise since I'm always starting new neighborhoods and never getting very far in any one neighborhood. The new traits and personality features sound AWESOME. I'm not in love with the look of the new simmies. They look even more cartoon-y. I hope CC will be able to fix that issue. I'm still curious about this "pause" function. I'm very disappointed that customizable height hasn't been confirmed yet (really hope it makes it way into the game). Gradual aging would've been awesome, too... I was really expecting it in the new game.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 8th Nov 2008 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heavenzdvl987

-Seamless neighborhood

Honestly, I don't know how I feel about this. I can definitely see the potential here and it does seem to be a pretty popular feature. Seems to work out alright in the demo videos I've seen. But I think I might have to play with it myself first.

-Families you are not currently playing continue to live their lives

I'd say I'm in the camp of "As long as they don't do the big stuff without me, I'm fine with it." I do like to have stories or scenarios in my head as I play. So I am a bit worried about how this will effect that. But if it makes juggling between families easier, that should be fine by me

-Game will ship with one neighborhood

Not particularly crazy about this. As I mentioned in another thread, one of the things that really bugs me about the default neighborhoods in Sims 2 is how everyone is interconnected. Like in Sims 1 you could have Chris and Melissa Roomie love triangle over Michael Bachelor and it needn't effect Bella and the Goths at all. In Sims 2 nieghborhoods, it seems like the only way to do these mini-stories is to CAS all the players yourself and I'm worried it will be the same way in Sims 3. If all the default playables are preconnected to each other, I don't think I'll be too happy about that.

-Moodlets in combination with need bars

Again will probably need to see this in action first. Sounds like a variation on the Wants and Fears. so shouldn't be too bad. And I am thrilled the Need bars remain. Was a stretch there where it sounded like they might not. And while a lot of folks don't seem to like telling their Sims when to potty or make the bed, I'm pretty happy to have those micro level activities in the game. Fulfilling needs is what I usually fall back on when I'm in between Wants or Moodlets or whatever I want to fill.

-5 traits that are at least partially passed down to offspring

Now this sounds really cool. Not only is there the realism factor here and greater impact of parentage on future Sim personalities but there's also a neat bit of game mythos here. You could essentially say this is the legacy of the Pleasant family. Jeff and Diane in Sims 1 as well as Mary Sue and to varying degrees the twins in 2 could all have been said to be bitter pills personality wise. This feature seems at least in part to explain why that is.
And since it appears we're getting prequelized default Sims compared to prior Sims games, it should be fun seeing if that holds true in our game or if we can break the pattern.

-Dreams and promises instead of wants and fears

Not too worried. Sounds like it could be a tweaking of terminology.

-Many new build/buy options such as placing objects almost anywhere, 360 degree rotation, moving houses from one lot to another

Not much of a builder or decorator. But these kinds of features might help me change that. Not a high priority for me at the moment. But definitely thrilled for the custom house makers on this one.

-Difficulty levels (from what I know, these are based on combination of traits within a family/household)

Not a big deal for me either. I don't tend to play the game linearly. Like striving to get Sims up the career ladder unless it plays into whatever story line I have going in my head. So I doubt this will effect me much. At least I hope not

-Graphical changes. This includes the appearance of the sims.

Really low priority for me. I'm perfectly happy with the graphics capabilities just as they are. But I understand they are dated and that to move forward the franchise has to keep up with current graphical expectations. So I'm not unhappy about these changes. I'd say I'm indifferent on this one.

So all in all, I guess I'd vote Somewhat Happy
Page 2 of 2