Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#51 Old 2nd Jun 2008 at 10:33 PM
Personally, I like the idea from an earlier post. As I do like to animations now, I would rather have something else. Let's put it like this:

Jane wakes up in the middle of the night crying, from labor pains of course, and then her water breaks, which will be fine in my part, then I am pretty sure the spouse/partner, will still be in the bed sleep. So after waking the other sim up you have the option to call to hospital and have the paramedics come racing to take you to the hospital while you and the partner disappear in the ambulance and after like a couple sim hours you two arrive back in a taxi with surprise! a bundle of joy, and within those hours a sign pop up stating "Congraulations! It is a baby (gender) please name (gender)!"

OR

Once the water break if the ambulance isn't called in time she can just have a home birth.

Either way it goes, I could really care less what or how it happens as long as they have a brand new addition to the family.
Advertisement
#52 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 1:35 AM
I really like that idea of having her go to the hospital and then coming back with the baby. That would be a bit more realistic and more entertaining...for me at least.
Field Researcher
#53 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 9:39 AM
Ok, so reading this thread it occurred to me that the option to have a baby at home will probably have to remain.

Why? Well, what if you have a single mother who already has a baby, toddler or child. She can't really go off to the hospital and leave poor little junior at home all alone.

Of course, if toddlers and babys get more options for moving about in TS3 then it's a different story. But I think this is probably why it was decided to have home births in TS2.

Please call me Ace
Mad Poster
#54 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 10:28 AM
You can always call the nanny before leaving for the hospital.
#55 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 1:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Miao
Even the most potent methods of birth control aren't foolproof. There's got to be an element of risk with protected WooHoo, even if it's something like 0.1%. Perhaps Sims would be able to choose the type of birth control, with different odds of pregnancy for each one, but that's doubtful because it would just be too controversial.

You have over 0.1% chance for pressing try for baby instead of woohoo, I did it with a very poor couple who only had a small one room cabin and two children already, and they got twins, first time for me.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:14 PM
I think that when it's near time to give birth he/she should have a phone option to have a "Home Birth" or a "Hospital Birth". I know they'll have hospitals as I've spotted it out in one of the pictures (it has a blue cross and it's similar to a hospital) but anyway once she goes into labor a small box in the corner comes up saying that (Name) is going into labor. If the sim chose the option for a stay at home birth they are put into a tub that resembles a jacuzzi. They're placed into the jacuzzi while the midwife is called, she comes, and the mother is shrieking from labor pains of course, and she reaches into the water and pull out the baby. If they chose the hospital then the ambulance is called, they take the sim to the hospital and the player has to wait in the waiting room or whatever with the other sims while she's giving birth. You can peep into the room to see whats going on but doctors are surrounding her helping with the unborn child so you can't see her and then the finally the baby is born. The doctor comes out the room and shakes the spouses hand and a box come up in the corner saying tell "Congratulations it's a baby girl/boy (unless it's a twin, triplet etc.) that's what I think, it would resemble actual birth but it would still be kept within the Teen limits.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
#57 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 3:22 PM
[QUOTE=dlisted]Realistic childbirth sound kind of gross...and it might put some people off having kids
QUOTE]

Yeah - like me. Ew. If ingame childbirth were realistic, I'd never have my sims have kids.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
Field Researcher
#58 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:07 AM
I think if they change it in any major way at all it would be to have "the stork" come flying down to your doorstep with your new baby.
Mad Poster
#59 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Selene1212
I think if they change it in any major way at all it would be to have "the stork" come flying down to your doorstep with your new baby.

I thought of this but I just hope it isn't true

#60 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by venomous
I like the hospital idea and the riskier woohoo as well. As for if you wound up with an unwanted pregnancy you should also have the ability to have your sim place it up for adoption.

Yeah I like the hostpital/ambulence thing but not the risky whoohoo or the screen. I am perfectly content having the mommy twirl around. Much quicker too! lol :D
Top Secret Researcher
#61 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 2:08 PM
Preganancy NEEDS to be more of a challenage in a diffrent thread about teens 'frankie' said about miscarriages and the to avoid them you have to eat the right food(salads/not junk food.) and exercise and rest- and i think that a great idea!!!! i would LOVE that. also * BABY COME OUT OF PLUMB BOB*! needs to be improved! - the baby come out plumb bob but the belly grows?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Mad Poster
#62 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
'frankie' said about miscarriages and the to avoid them you have to eat the right food(salads/not junk food.) and exercise and rest-

As much as I think this is a great idea the game is rated Teen, not gonna happen.

Field Researcher
#63 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 7:38 PM
Here's a thought- a change of pace without being too graphic. As soon as labor starts, the sim's spouse/ SO/ coach/ whoever would frantically head for the kitchen and start boiling water while the delivery takes place off screen.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 10:10 PM
Miscarriages would never work in a billion, billion years. The Sims 3's tone is intentionally light-hearted and humourous and having miscarriages in-game would be in bad taste at best and hugely disrespectful to sufferers at worst.
Top Secret Researcher
#65 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 10:22 PM
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...7&postcount=109
- well im sure he didnt mean it in a disrepectful way. i actually thought the idea was really good.
ok if not mis-carriages maybe the baby born unhealthy i don't mean like diseased i just mean like oyu can't play with the baby till its healthy again or if you cna take babies and todds out with you in sims3 you can't take the baby out till its healthy.
just like frankie said - east healthily and exercsie enough sleep. - we need more of a challenage in preganany - or maybe these will be included in the diffucualty leavels.

theres no need to get all up tight.
No one meant it hurtfully. Heck some people are talking about abortions!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 2nd Aug 2008 at 11:17 AM
well, my sims sometimes gets pregnant from a public woohoo, or a woohoo in a tent. I don`t have to hit the try for baby thing all the time.

and I don`t know WHY she does it, she just does. she was on birth control and still got pregnant. lol

if anything, I`d want the woohoo to be more strict.

and the idea of the sim is real to me. you have the power to detroy lives or build it up, name a sim after someone you detest and have them die tragically and have their family watch it all unfold.

I am of course kidding. lol, but if they can't place real problems in a a game that is based on life, and what it entails, what can they put in it? unreal events that will NEVER happen in real life? not much fun in that. lol
Test Subject
#67 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
Oh I hope they improve the birth animations. It needs big improvement!

emagawd they should have to go to the hospital!

and i agree with the person who said that you can get WTDs & Woohoos have like 15% chance of getting preggers. Its more realistic and perhaps can teach some risky teens IRL a thing or two, hah.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
Very good thoughts in here, Im not going to quote the whole thing // sara.

I really like that idea, Since ive been addicted to this forum latley ive been thinking about the sims alot. And as i was watching tv today i felt i really wanted some more challange in to pregancy and having a child.

Cause atm, its hella boring. I rush my children to teens as soon as i can because i just find it uneventfull from baby to teen.

I would love the idea with the mothers action will result in consiquences for the child thats growing inside of her. Also, if you do not do exersise or do yoga, Or go to those baby exerising places( Like you see on tv. A room filled with mothers with huge bellies doing yoga haha xD <3) You will get the notorious baby weight, And you wont look so fit like they do in the sims 2. Perfect slim bodies and a big belly. Thats Rare IRL xD. You have to work for that.
And after youve given birth you should still have that baby weight and have to work it off.

With the babies i would love for more interactions than just the 2 cuddle and play with interactions (besides feeding n stuff). Burping them after dinner maybe even be able to breast feed them. o_o;

I know its a game for all ages, but i just want some realism in to it. Testube babies and birth control would be awesome.

A teeanger getting preggo in a very strick family, making her the black sheep (getting very bad relationship with her family) or vise versa A very liberal family and teens (young adults, whichever) getting preggo and they are very happy.

Since you can make your sim have very detailed personalties in the sims 3.

Hope this wall of text dosnt crit you that bad, Just my toughts tho.
#69 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:22 PM
You can go out when your pregnant.
It annoys me that pregnant women can't leave the house in Sims 2.

And, I like the idea of a more realistic birth.
Obviously, It would be better if we didn't see anything, like if they put a blanket over the sims lap or something like that so it wouldn't be too gross. The sim just wails for a few minutes and the doctor/nurse delivers the baby. It's better then a sim screaming for 10 seconds and then spins around and magically has a baby in their hand. It doesn't have to be as raunchy as you think. Also, It would be so cute if the sim could feel the baby kick. ^-^

I think a baby being born unhealthy is a sick idea, no offence. (Sick as in disgusting not as in cool)
Instructor
#70 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 7:33 PM
Maybe its just me but id love to see them actually give birth while laying on a bed, not all the squeamish stuff, just laid with a blanket over them and the baby being placed in their arms.

Not much to ask for lol?
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 10:08 AM
I think pregnancy should be more of a challenge and that pregnant sims should be able to leave the house and roam around town. I hope that male sims can get pregnant by aliens still. Hopefully, we will be able to get identical twins.
Top Secret Researcher
#72 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cat
It annoys me that pregnant women can't leave the house in Sims 2.

Or that pregnant women can't use the hot tub. Seriously, I think that won't hurt the child.
#73 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Or that pregnant women can't use the hot tub. Seriously, I think that won't hurt the child.

Doctors do advise against pregnant women sitting in a hot tub because of the risk of overheating - there's a danger of birth defects to the unborn child, especially in the first trimester, if the mother's temp. were to rise to 101F or higher. Hot tub water is typically around 104F, and it only takes about 10-20 minutes of sitting in one to raise your body's temp. to 102F or higher.

Of course, if I had a hot tub (and weren't currently pregnant) I'd have to go test that one out myself, just out of curiosity.

Anyway, how's that for realism in the Sims? I was surprised they didn't let pregnant Sims get into the hot tub, since I'd never tried to put one of them in there myself.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 17th Aug 2008 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BAH
Doctors do advise against pregnant women sitting in a hot tub because of the risk of overheating - there's a danger of birth defects to the unborn child, especially in the first trimester, if the mother's temp. were to rise to 101F or higher. Hot tub water is typically around 104F, and it only takes about 10-20 minutes of sitting in one to raise your body's temp. to 102F or higher.

Of course, if I had a hot tub (and weren't currently pregnant) I'd have to go test that one out myself, just out of curiosity.

Anyway, how's that for realism in the Sims? I was surprised they didn't let pregnant Sims get into the hot tub, since I'd never tried to put one of them in there myself.

It is fine as long as you limit yourself. Birth defects usually only happen after being exposed to a high temp over a long period of time like several hours. Usually 20-30 minutes is recommended.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 1:02 AM
I think the mother (or a father giving birth) should be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance when their water breaks and they should be given an option (like when you want to go to a community lot, or any place off the lot) to take two (or whatever number) of people on that lot with you to the hospital. When they come back a few Sim hours later there would be that birth Sim music and the new baby(s) and the mother and person would have much higher realtionship points with the infants.

I think taking another person, especally a child, is a nice little bonus if there's an increase in the realtionship because children and toddlers (unlike teens, adults and elders) can't really interact with the infants expect for that "talk to the baby" interaction which I rarely use, because I have too much going on with trying to keep everyone's energy in the green and handling the baby when they're crying.
Page 3 of 7