Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#26 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:49 PM
I'm a redhead. I'm from the UK. I got picked on at school becuase of my hair colour - by another redhead. Yes, it's stupid, but then, bullying usually is.

Also, natural redheads (as MissTech says we can tell if it's natural or not ) rule!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 1:57 PM
Teh.

I have redhair and live in the UK....from primary school to secondary school I got picked on for it. Yelled at by people in the street as well....Its ridiculus. But I never really gave a flying f*ck about it!

Anyhowie, after secondary school I have never been picked on for it In fact the guys tend to like redheads now..

eta:

Quote:
Why would people pick on someone because of their hair color?! Even to the point where redheads are being KILLED? That's just crazy.

For the same reason people get picked on because of their skin colour - prejudice and ignorance.
Instructor
#28 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 2:47 PM
Because it runs in my family, I've got the right coloring - white as a ghost, blue eyes, and long lashes. And I don't do flaming red - usually an auburn. My hair has a lot of red in it naturally.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 2:51 PM
I still don't get it. Why? I think red ,ginger hair is so pretty. I wish I had red hair. I guess it's because they are different but still it's silly.There are more important things going on in the world that need to be on people's minds than going out of their way to pick on someone with red hair
Instructor
#30 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:03 PM
-shrug- I dun get it either. But that's humanity for you.

You can keep your knight in shining armor. I'll take my country boy in turn-out gear!
Proud single mom, firefighter's girl, and beautifully imperfect person.
Avatar is me (tall girl), my Abbi (short girl in hat), and my boyfriend James (lone man) at Abbi's Kindergarten Graduation last May.
#31 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:09 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with English/Irish/Scottish tensions?

Either way, I have more than a fair share of redheads in my game. Probably about half of my sims get red hair genetically. I practically breed it into them. Much more interesting that way.
Test Subject
#32 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by musiquefille
I wonder if it has anything to do with English/Irish/Scottish tensions?

Either way, I have more than a fair share of redheads in my game. Probably about half of my sims get red hair genetically. I practically breed it into them. Much more interesting that way.

I though the whole English/Irish/Scottish tensions were getting better?
Forum Resident
#33 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:16 PM
I don't get it?
When a girl has red hair she's seen as fiesty and hot! But when a :male: has red hair its seen as a nerd,dork shy guy! I once dyed my hair red and being a guy that was a bad idea! One kid only 4 said " WOW mum did you see that boys hair?" "It looks like its on fire!" :insane:

So needless to say i dyed it back to blonde! But i think my most hated haircolour is black! I would never dye my hair black not even if someone paid me!

Oh and i don't think the scottish/english/welsh thing is getting better its getting worst what with scotland getting better healthcare then england and ect ect! :sorry:
#34 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:18 PM
English/Irish/Scottish tensions? I suppose so, english people seem to assume that all us Scots are ginger under our wigs and wear kilts in our spare time.

I'm not a red head myself, blond actually, but my little cousin has the most stunning shade of red in my opinion. Really light with golden highlights, but she got teased for it a lot at school so she went darker. One of the names was "fire engine" I think or something. The whole ginger teasing thing is quite popular where I live, but so is the blond teasing yet everyone continues to dye their hair our colour...hmm.
Forum Resident
#35 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:20 PM
Yes but most scots think the english drink earl grey tea and live in country homes! i lived there!
#36 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:23 PM
I don't! Honest! No really, some of my friends come from england, some live in Mansfield for crying outloud. I just make fun of the english for yer accents!

Pip-pip
Forum Resident
#37 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:27 PM
Well i lived there since i was 3 and now im in england and i was always picked on because of the accent and when the scots tryed to imatate our accents they just sounded ridiculous!
Mad Poster
#38 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:28 PM
If it's any consolation for natural redheads that had to die their hair some other colour in order to escape bullying, in Romania, about 70% of the girls die their hair red, or some variant of it.
#39 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:37 PM
TingTong I don't have a really broad scottish accent and as a consequence am made fun of. So far I've been labeled American, Canadien and of course English. Just because I speak properly, no achs or ochs from me or the improper use of the word "pure".

And I just realised, almost all of my family are either red-heads or blonds with the exception of one of my aunts who married into the family bringing with her a weird hair colour...sorta silverey, grey blond. Most of them have never had to cope with teasing at all.
#40 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 3:44 PM
My dad has ginger hair, I don't think he ever got bullied or any rubbish like that for it (no, just for other things lol) anyway, it doesn't really matter anymore as it's becoming increasingly grey.

When my friend had her hair done, had copper streaks put in, quite a few of her other friends teased her about having ginger hair *rolls eyes* anyway, after a while, the copper was gone, back to brown

you can't really see the ginger in my hair because it's mostly covered by blonde and brown (as I'm a strawberry blonde -ginger and blonde- with brown, all natural) I suppose that's why none of my friends believed me when I said I had some ginger...
my hair's getting darker, more brown (darker than it used to be) and less blonde than ever.. ginger shows through more, a bit as red sometimes, it's the lighting I suppose. :p

I think the descrimination and rubbish about hair colour is pointless. Sure, some blonde jokes are funny (I think so anyway lol) but actual bullying and stuff towards "red" heads is taking it too far. It's only the colour that your dead cells are! Let it go, what does it matter? Yes, certain people ARE "red" heads- they know. People don't need to point that out to them, especially in a rude fashion.

Well, that's my opinion on the matter, anyway :smash:
#41 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 4:51 PM
It's mostly the guys in our family who are red-heads some more than others, but I suppose they weren't bullied when were they were younger was probably due to the fact that they were 6ft tall and up, plus a couple of my uncles were in the local rugby team lol.
#42 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 5:18 PM
Im "Ginger" and the bullying has gotton worse, I didn't take much notice in juniors but the minute I got to secondary school (highschool) the abuse was horrible, I was told that I should of been killed at birth, and a ton of boys give me the horrendous nickname "Gingerpubes" I think that is disgraceful and horrible. My mums red headed and she always tells me to ignore them, but I've had my fair amount of tears. Personally I will never ever change my hair colour, I may highlight it or darken it but the actually Red headed ness will never change, currently I'm red headed with blonde highlights in, like a golden colour, which my family loves. But this winter I hope to go a beautiful auburn colour. I mean the abuse against red heads will never stop, because there will always be some common or spiteful person who enjoys taking the mick from someone whose just a bit different from themselves.
Recolour maniac of maniacs
#43 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 5:32 AM
I have thick coppery auburn hair. Growing up I was always embarrassed by (what I thought of as) old ladies doting over my hair and saying how much they loved it. Then at school, I was teased for having red hair. As far as adults going so far as to stab someone based on the color of their hair... I will never be able to understand this mindset for anything be it hair color, skin color, religion, sexuality. Well, maybe I can understand a little if they were raised that way.

Despite the teasing, I love my hair color. I'm also probably the polar opposite of the red hair stereotype.

Quote: Originally posted by Jasmin
and a ton of boys give me the horrendous nickname "Gingerpubes" I think that is disgraceful and horrible.

When I got to be around... oh 12 or so, "Carrot Top" was mutated into "Carrot Crotch". Fortunately we moved and no one in my new school put that one back together.

It's being invaded by the Otherworld...
By a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bink13y: you are the recolor maniac of all maniacs
Instructor
#44 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 3:46 AM
LadyJade that's disgusting what the did to him! That's horrible! I know that sometimes people say that redheads should be taken out and flogged and one day a friend's friend said that and then he realised I was standing there and he was so embarassed. Stupid eejit! I'm irish btw lol but I don't get teased too much. Most people I've met love my hair. Especially because it's long and has natural blonde highlights too.

Cass, 22, Australia
My Simblr
#45 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cinnamon_gurl
Other than the family that had to move and the guy who was stabbed in the back, the bullying aspect of being "ginger" seems a bit silly. People will always find something to pick on another whether it be hair colour or something else. Bullies seem to have an uncanny knack of finding something different about another person to use as an insult.

Yeah... Maybe it's just 'cuz I'm in California, not England, but the entire idea of Redhead prejudice seems rather... odd... I'm not trying to judge, but I'm sure that's not the only reason they were bullied or stabbed, and if it was.... I dunno. I'm just having a hard time comprehending it.
#46 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 7:16 AM
I think the fact that people that have red hair are saying that they hate black hair and saying how people shouldnt make fun of there hair color, is just ridiculus. how can you guys say you hate a certain hair color and still cry that people are making fun of your hair color. your kinda doing the same thing back. and yes it is a shame that people are dumb enough to hurt or hate another person just because of how they look. wouldnt you guys (the ones saying that they hate black hair) take a bit of offence if some one said. i hate red hair, that is one color i will never dye my hair.
its purely disgusting for people to hate anyone just because of a look. and for it to come to a point that people are attempting suicide because they feel that low makes me feel very sad that people can break down someone to that point. I think that everyone should embrace how everyone looks because our individual looks is what makes us all unique and interesting. i would hate to live in a world where everyone looks the same. however i know it will never be like that because too many people in this world are ignorent.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:02 AM
I gyed my hair candy apple red when I was 12 I mean it was red red red red red. But everybody kept on complimenting me I'm a natural blonde with dark roots and a hint of strawberryish color. I never have been called a blonde bimbo or anything like that but dyed my hair back to blonde like it was when I was born but I don't get it how people can just do this its really childish and imature of them. I'm German and Irish so I have fair skin with a pinkish tint lol its a weird skintone to have its rare too. But, I love redheads and my grandmother is a redhead she's a natural brunette though but she wanted a change and it looks good. My Mom called me a silly blonde one time. But my blonde hair and blue/yellowish green eyes look good together I hope lol. I agree with nostalgicpaty a 100 % on everything. Who cares what color hair you have all I care about is whats inside and not just by looks I mean come on you can look punky and when you get to really know the person they're the most sweetest thing on earth.
Test Subject
#48 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:22 AM
I totally agree with you nostalgicpaty.
I don't understand how people can complaint about people picking on them because they got a certain hair color, and then hate another hair color. It should not matter how people look or, what hair or skin color they have, etc., it's all about personality! :smurf:
Scholar
#49 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:32 AM
I always thought it had to do with the Weasly family from Harry Potter....

But that's just stupid to discriminate based on hair color. Race or Faith is understandable (:P) But hair color?!
Instructor
#50 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black_Barook!
Race or Faith is understandable (:P) But hair color?!

So you're saying its perfectly okay for people to discriminate against others for their race or faith?

Are you trying to start a war on here, ?
(I will wager its a little of both.)

*Edited to remove 6 words that would have started a war of their own

Page 2 of 4