Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#51 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by migamoo
No, he's not. Yes, he was born a female, but he didn't identify as one. He is now LEGALLY a male, and I'm sure would like to be addressed as one.

I think nekochanpurr was putting more emphasis on the fact that he's biologically female, not being ... I don't know the word, but not taking his mental gender into account. A biological female can, and often do carry children, so it's not that different, if you disregard the mental gender.
Advertisement
#52 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:25 AM
Exactly. :D
#53 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 3:36 AM
its not all that shocking seen as he was a she back in the day.
it a bit shocking on the kind of upbringing his child will have. hmm, don't know whether its right.

funnily enough i was watching this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiU-KZ_KADY

an actual man who is actually pregnant
(with an artificial womb)

his progress is displayed on this site: www.malepregnancy.com

oh dears
Field Researcher
#54 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LOZOTRON
its not all that shocking seen as he was a she back in the day.
it a bit shocking on the kind of upbringing his child will have. hmm, don't know whether its right.

funnily enough i was watching this last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiU-KZ_KADY

an actual man who is actually pregnant
(with an artificial womb)

his progress is displayed on this site: www.malepregnancy.com

oh dears

The article about Mr Lee Mingwei is a hoax. He has been "pregnant" for about 4 years now. It has been proved it's a hoax.....

1999: MalePregnancy.com (Web Hoax)
male pregnancy
Lee Mingwei, the first pregnant man
This website documented the case of Mr. Lee Mingwei, supposedly the first man to bear child. A variety of documentary evidence was provided to allow visitors to track the progress of Mr. Mingwei's pregnancy, but in fact all of the evidence was false. The site was really created as an art project by the conceptual artist Virgil Wong. In fact, it would be theoretically possible for a man to bear a child by means of an ectopic pregnancy (and taking female hormones), but due to the high risks involved, no one has ever attempted such a procedure (though in 2002 Doctor Chen Huanran in Beijing announced he was seeking volunteers).

Source: http://www.museumofhoaxes.com/birth/birth.html
#55 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 9:38 AM
oh wow, i'm flummoxed. i was so convinced.. his belly looks convincingly 'pregnant' for his tiny little body.

aha, good hoax, artificial womb.
i think i've told everyone i know. sigh.
#56 Old 3rd Apr 2008 at 12:44 AM
Amazingly, this isn't that new to me.

Many people become pregent when they are a trans-gender. He just is so special because he was able to undergo a change when he was older. Many trans-genders cannot chose that.

Also, I heard that most of the time, when people with both genders' parts, the remove one of the genders at birth. Sadly, if they want to be the gender the doctor removed, that can't truly be it. It is very common.

*I heard this from a realiable source.* rofl
#57 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 6:17 AM
Well in that case, he is not a man, in the biological sense, if he still has the capability to carry a viable pregnancy.
Test Subject
#58 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 7:56 PM
As it seems, the kid will have a family and be loved, this is what's important.
#59 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:33 PM
I'll admit to you guys. When I first heard this from my friends, I actually believed it was a hoax.

But as I recieved more information from his interviews and other news channels, I have grown to accept this. As long as he gets what wants and cares for his child, there's nothing wrong with it at all.
Field Researcher
#60 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 8:44 PM
It's funny, guys, how someone just linked me to the news on ontd--I'd seen it here first--and reading through the comments here and there, folks on s2c are much more open-minded and accepting (by comparison)! What does that say about simmers, I wonder?
#61 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 9:52 PM
^I think it has to do with the age of the average simmer. I could be wrong but IMO young people tend to be more open minded.

I agree with whoever said that this child will be loved and that's what really matters. I wish them well.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 7:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
It's funny, guys, how someone just linked me to the news on ontd--I'd seen it here first--and reading through the comments here and there, folks on s2c are much more open-minded and accepting (by comparison)! What does that say about simmers, I wonder?

I totally agree with you on this.

I actually came here looking for this post because I knew you all would be debating it.

I frequent an Infertility forum and was very very appalled by the way some of those women acted about this situation.

The way I see it "he" wants to be a he so thats fine but as long as "he" still has all the biological female parts why not get pregnant. Why not do something his wife cannot. I had to go through fertility treatments to get pregnant with my twin girls and I know that if we were in the same situation as this couple I would have done the same thing.

I look at this situation as I look at any same sex couple because biologically thats what this situation is. Any couple, any person in this world has the right to have a family and how they get there is their own choice.

Be happy that they are at least what seems to be a stable relationship. This child will be loved and as others have said thats the only thing that matters.

Visit my site http://geocities.com/fairy_goddess922/

I love Plumbob!!!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:25 AM
It doesn't matter if she had surgury and now is "he" she is still a she, anyway you look at it. Just because she is recognised as a he doesn't make her one. She was born a female and will always be a female no matter what body parts she puts on herself or takes away. No matter what her mind tells her she is she is a she.. God made her a she and that is what she will always be.

I live an hour and a half from Bend Or. but am in Washington (TG) anyways I don't keep up with the laws of Oregon and don't really care, all I know is its a girl that has had surgury to look like a man, and now is pregnant, whippee!!

Its like Michael Jackson (and I am a big fan so I am not putting him down) but his skin gets whiter and whiter and whiter as years go by, does that make him white? No! He is still an African American man no matter what type of bleaching or whatever he does to his skin...

If I dye my hair blonde, am I then a blonde? No! I am still a brunette or a fake blonde as you could call me...

She is a fake man... no matter what hormones she takes or what surgurys she does, it doesn't change the fact that she is a she.. She stops taking the homone pills what happens? Magic pills and knives do not make you something else, they just disguise what you really are...

I'm not saying that transgender is wrong, and maybe god got it wrong when some people where born, but the facts still remain biologically and everything else she is still a woman. No matter what laws man make, it doesn't change the facts...
#64 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 8:47 AM
See, I don't see what the big surprise is. Thomas Beatie was born female. She had her breasts removed and started testosterone treatment. She can still get pregnant, 'he' is just a bearded woman without breasts.

And you can't be born the 'wrong gender'. You are born into your gender. You may want to be a member of the opposite sex, but you never really can be. You can have surgery to look like the opposite gender on the outside, but really, 'he' was born a woman and that will never change.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 11:04 AM
Meh, good for him. That's a lot of forward planning to decide to live life as a male, but acknowledge that he might one day need his girly bits to have a baby and keeping them.
(Plus, he was a really hot woman before, and makes a decent looking guy, IMO. wow.)
Instructor
#66 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:50 PM
The only thing i'm thinking, scrolling through your threads is..

"Whatever next in this crazy world?!"
Haha.

Well, technically he is still a woman, with womanly features that were used to have the baby. And that was nice of him to give up his change temporarily at least, so that his family could have a child.
That kiddo is a really special one!

♣. Call Me Janne .♣
Looking for staff for a new sim magazine (based in S Korea)
Tweet Tumblr Coming Soon
Test Subject
#67 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonfly
It doesn't matter if she had surgury and now is "he" she is still a she, anyway you look at it. Just because she is recognised as a he doesn't make her one. She was born a female and will always be a female no matter what body parts she puts on herself or takes away. No matter what her mind tells her she is she is a she.. God made her a she and that is what she will always be.

There are more ways to distinguish gender, and it's not all about what's between your legs- it also has a lot to do with stuff that isn't as visible, if you wanna put it like that.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StupidityKills
(Plus, he was a really hot woman before, and makes a decent looking guy, IMO. wow.)
Google won't give it up. :C Where's there an image of him pre-testosterone?
Test Subject
#69 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
Google won't give it up. :C Where's there an image of him pre-testosterone?

Field Researcher
#70 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 2:41 PM
well in belgium laws he still would be a female. is he for the law now a man or so? cause in belgium you're sex iosn't changed until you have all the female parts removed. he still has a womb so in belgium laws he still is a female. but i'm glad for them. they now have a dream come true and the kid will be loved so everything is ok.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jooxis84
There are more ways to distinguish gender, and it's not all about what's between your legs- it also has a lot to do with stuff that isn't as visible, if you wanna put it like that.

Ya its also whats inside a man or a woman that makes them a man or a woman, if a man gets his thingy chopped off does it make him not a man? No he is still a man. She still has her girl parts inside, she is still a female.. Changing your outside only disguises it, changing your insides only disguises it more. She was born a female and no matter how anyone looks at it, she is a she...
#72 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:05 AM
That was an interesting story, I saw it on Opra I think.
#73 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fiahlord
She can still get pregnant, 'he' is just a bearded woman without breasts.

And you can't be born the 'wrong gender'. You are born into your gender. You may want to be a member of the opposite sex, but you never really can be. You can have surgery to look like the opposite gender on the outside, but really, 'he' was born a woman and that will never change.

Ok, sorry, but how do you know that you can't be born the wrong sex?

Why would anyone want to change their sex unless it was wrong?
#74 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:34 PM
Good for him I honestly can't undersand why anyone would have a problem with this
#75 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lockshockbarrel
Ok, sorry, but how do you know that you can't be born the wrong sex?

Why would anyone want to change their sex unless it was wrong?

I said, you are born into your gender. It's not what you feel, because, genetically and biologically, you are still your original sex. No matter how many operations you have to disguise it, 'he' was still born a woman. That will never change.

Nevertheless, this would be a lot stranger if she/he was born male.

Page 3 of 5