Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#26 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
^^ I do agree with the voice thing though- all gay men i've seen on tv (corrnation street:P) and know i real life speak in a 'high pitched'[?] tone. I have nothing wrong with it- it's just something ive noticed.

Corronation Street ? You're on about Sean? :s
He's hardly perfect to base all assumptions on.
Gok Wan isn't all high-pitched. He speaks perfectly "normal".
And Christian from Eastenders , gay, but not "high-pitched" at all.
Nor on Hollyoaks (john paul, craig, keiron) , none "high-pitched".

Advertisement
#27 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:08 AM
People wouldn't make a big deal about being gay if they weren't having their fundamental rights taken away (Examples of fundamental rights from Black's Law Dictionary- the right to vote, the right to marry, the right to raise children, the right to own property). (Most) people no longer wear their race on their sleeve like a badge of honor because, guess what? They have their rights now! It's no longer something you have to flaunt to prove a point. I'm waiting for the day when a homosexual is just another kind of person and fighting alongside you guys every step of the way.

EDIT: My mother is (finally) a proud lesbian and looks perfectly feminine and has a normal-pitched voice for a woman. I, however, have a deep voice for a girl and am straight. How you talk has nothing to do with who you love. The entire idea of traditional gender roles have been reversed time and time again with male nurses and female lawyers and stay-at-home-dads. Why should someone wanting to be comfortable in their own skin bother YOU? No one's asking you to marry someone of the same sex or change your gender.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:15 AM
I never really understood homosexuality until this boy who lived across the street from me committed suicide. He came out to his parents && they must have not approved. His dad and my dad were good friends. After that I began to understand a little. Gay people can't help the way they are, they don't choose to be gay just as we don't choose our ethnicity, it just happens and it's who they are. I have no problem with gay people and I have a couple of friends who are gay and bi. If I ever become a parent I want my kids to know that I don't care if they are gay, straight or whatever I will always accept them for who they are and I won't hate them for it. I think homophobic people just don't understand anything out of the norm or having problems with their own sexuality.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:16 AM
I get confused by people who steadfastedly state that it is a choice. Where did they get this idea? I have never met a gay person in my LIFE who ever said it was a choice. I know a boy who honestly came close to killing himself over the fact.

If a gay person denies their feelings for people of the same sex, and is romantic with people of the opposite sex in order to prove the point, that does not make them straight.

It drives me insane that some people use stereotypes as an excuse to hate a group.

She was just like autumn in itself, but she was a thing of life and not impending death.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by London~Taylor

Also alliemarie2323 but is it not also true that God made all people in his image?

Yes, you are correct. But it is also true that people sin, lie, and break a lot of God's rules. There are some really terrible people out there; rapists, murderers, etc. God created them and loves them all, but they have turned away from Him and done bad things. If your parent tells you not to sneak out of the house, and you go ahead and do it behind their back, they will still love you.(Unless of course they really could care less). I'm not trying to sound like a crazy religious person by any means, sorry if I'm coming off that way. :P

The truth of the matter is, no matter what people are always going to find some reason to hate other people. Whether it be their sexuality, religion, ethnicity, or anything else, different groups are always going to be targeted and hated, bashed, and tormented. It's the way that us as humans are. Until we learn to set aside our differences and learn that a person is a person, this will always remain an issue.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Mad Poster
#31 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:39 AM
No one sexuality is more or less valid than another. Society endeavors to put an incessant amount of restrictions on romantic relationships- age, race, gender- but at the end of the day, love is love is love. I fully support homosexuality and, even as a straight female, can logically prove that it is NOT a choice; what with the social stigma attached to being gay in this day and age, why on earth would someone choose it? It's not waking up and saying, "hey, I think I'm going to be gay today!" You can't predisposition who to love, and countries desperately need to legalize gay marriage (and by marriage I mean marriage, not civil union). Any country that would prevent its citizens from proving their love to one another based on outdated religious commentary should hang its head in shame.

The stereotype of the typical homosexual person is absolutely horrible- the metrosexual male, the "butch" female. It truly shows how much the media can distort things. I also don't like the use of the word gay to convey something distasteful or moronic, but that's another debate for another day. One thing that I don't understand is the idea that someone can change their sexuality- there's a boy at my school who vacilates among gay, straight, and bisexual from year to year, and I just can't comprehend it. How can you change? "Coming out" is different, because that's clarifying and not changing, so to speak. I think you are what you are no matter how much you try to rally against it, and individuals who constantly vacilate are obviously incredibly confused about their sexuality.

Has anyone seen those movements to take a vacation day from work/school by calling in gay? I love that.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#32 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:52 AM
While I could never see myself ever being remotely homosexual or bisexual, I have no problem with it. You can't help who you love. It annoys me when people say its wrong to be gay because its a sin, lying is a sin too and everybody has lied at some point in their life, so they are just as much a sinner as the gay person.

I do tend to get annoyed when gay people are like "I'm gay" everytime they meet someone or in random conversation. I don't go around saying "Hey bud, I'm Chelsea and I'm straight." But that is just one of those pet peeves lol, nothing against actual homosexuality.

Also, in regards to the lisp comment--do you even know what a lisp is? It is a speech impediment, just because a gay male *may* talk in a feminine manner does NOT mean they have a lisp nor a speech impedement. A lisp is a totally different thing. (OT-Has anyone ever thought it was cruel that they call it a lisp, when the 's' is one of the letters that people with lisps have a hard time with, lol)
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 1:56 AM
I think your sexuality is a choice.
When your a child you have no idea (or at least a clear idea) the difference between a girl and a boy. You understand, Sally is a girl, but what makes her a girl you can't understand.

Once you get older you are taught the difference and then from there it's all coded in your brain.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

#34 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:10 AM
Pux, tell me...

When did you consciously decide to be straight?

EDIT: I called in gay a couple weeks ago ^_^
Field Researcher
#35 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:12 AM
My opinion about this topic is that we are all people and as people we all have the right to love/like the people we want to whether they be of the same sex or not. And as for people who use religion to cover up there non sense about hating gays well i just think thats stupid because if god loves all his children then what makes them think he doesnt love the gays just as much as he loves the straight people. And just for the record im straight these are just my feelings :D
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:13 AM
When I liked a girl?
It's coded in my brain to like girls.
While in other guys minds it's coded in their brain to like boys.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:15 AM
I don't believe that people choose their sexuality. But why does that matter? Even if people do choose, then why should be punish them for their own personal, harmless decision?

#38 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:18 AM
So, if you didn't wake up and say "Hey, I'm going to be straight today." why's that the choice with a homosexual? Why is your "coding" right? I have blue eyes. That's coded in my biology. Who's to say that's wrong because the majority of the population has brown?
Field Researcher
#39 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
I think your sexuality is a choice.
When your a child you have no idea (or at least a clear idea) the difference between a girl and a boy. You understand, Sally is a girl, but what makes her a girl you can't understand.

Once you get older you are taught the difference and then from there it's all coded in your brain.

If its all coded in our heads, then how is it a choice? I'm not really following you here...
You don't choose to be gay like you choose to eat a steak instead of some soup.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:23 AM
You are argueing with someone that has the same views.
I'm coded to like girls. I'm coded to have brown eyes.
It's my genes. It's in my DNA. My DNA is coded.
It's simple biology.

I'm saying, you aren't a gay 5 year-old. You can be a gay 12 year-old.
Being gay/ straight is developed.

It's a choice because, you have choice to follow it your sexuality.
That's why Bi- was 'invented'.
Sally is/was supposed to like boys, but choosed to like girls. Sally figured she liked boys years later.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Field Researcher
#41 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:26 AM
You are argueing with some on that has the same views.
It's simple biology.

Your contradicting yourself your saying that they wont know the difference between girls and boys at a young age but at the same time you cant actually know if you are gay or not until your old enough to realize it...you can be gay at the age of 5 you just wont comprehend the gayness til your older and understand it more
Field Researcher
#42 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:28 AM
You are argueing with some on that has the same views.
It's simple biology.

What I am saying is that you are totally turning around your whole argument. First you say you don't like them for some reason or another, then you say its their choice and then you say "Oh, its encoded in them, they develop it" I'm saying that if it was their choice then they wouldn't "develop" it, it wouldn't be encoded in their brains. If it was a choice they'd wake up one day and say "Oh, I think I'll be gay now." I know tons of gay people that have always known they were gay, even as a 5 year old when they couldn't totally grasp the idea, but knew they prefered boys over girls.

I'm not saying your opinions are wrong (as opinions can never be right or wrong), just confusing.
Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:30 AM
How does that contadict?
You don't know your sexuality and you don't understand how Sally is a girl.
Two complete different things.

Quote:
then you say its their choice and then you say "Oh, its encoded in them, they develop it"

Take hair for example.
My brother is brown haired, but wasn't brown haired the whole way through.
When he was born he had black hair. It changed to red, brown, blonde, blonde-brown.
Just like sexuality, You develop your destined sexuality.
Time answers all questions.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Field Researcher
#44 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:32 AM
I knew how Sally was a girl at 5. ::Shrugs:: I also knew that I was obsessed with boys and would never like Sally romantically at 5. How is it different for gay people?
Scholar
#45 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:34 AM
My opinion of homosexuals depends solely on how hot both girls are. And if hot guys take themselves out of the game by hooking up with one another, then I'm all for that too. :p

Quote: Originally posted by ::Simstress::
Obvious your oblivious to the whole idea that homosexuals (males in particular) are genetically different then heterosexual males... so... in reality they WERE born that way.

This is a pet peeve of mine. Homosexuality is probably not significantly influenced by one's genes, but it does appear to be involuntary. The leading hypothesis is, I believe, that homosexuality is mostly caused by uterine hormone levels (that is, hormones present during pregnancy). So while I accept that most homosexuals were born that way, that doesn't mean it is genetic.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre15
If I ever become a parent I want my kids to know that I don't care if they are gay, straight or whatever I will always accept them for who they are and I won't hate them for it.

Exactly. Same here. I remember that I while after I told my mum that I was bisexual she said to me that she wasn't angry or upset or anything, and that she was quite happy for me to be bisexual (as is she, in fact, but she never did anything with another woman, so she is kind of passively bisexual, if you know what I mean), but that she just didn't want my life to be harder than it otherwise would've been due to me being openly bisexual. So basically she was fine with it all, but worried that I'd come accross people who weren't

Just for the record, I had an inkling that I was bisexual when I first had a crush on a boy - after having had a crush on a girl about 2 years earlier. At the time I was FAR too young to have any knowledge of the concept of bisexuality, and what it meant to be bisexual, but looking back on it I reckon that I probably was, even then. So I reckon that sexual orientation is something that you are born with. I was about 7/8 when I first had a crush on a a boy, by the way (so 5/6 when I first had a crush on another girl). Now I have a long term boyfriend, who I hope to eventually marry and have kids with, but just because I want to spend the rest of my life with a (particular) man doesn't mean that I've suddenly turned straight!
Field Researcher
#47 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Doddibot
My opinion of homosexuals depends solely on how hot both the girls are. And if hot guys take themselves out of the game by hooking up with one another, then I'm all for that too. :p

This is a pet peeve of mine. Homosexuality is probably not significantly influenced by one's genes, but it does appear to be involuntary. The leading hypothesis is, I believe, that homosexuality is mostly caused by uterine hormone levels (that is, hormones present during pregnancy). So while I accept that most homosexuals were born that way, that doesn't mean it is genetic.

I also don't think it is genetic, there is no proof of that. There is however proof of homosexuals claiming they've always known they were gay, which is why I support that some homosexuals were born that way.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:40 AM
Quote:
There is however proof of homosexuals claiming they've always known they were gay

That makes no sence. I could claim I've always known I am a flying monkey, but it doesn't mean it's the truth.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

#49 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:42 AM
I think homosexuals are gay.

But seriously. They're people. I've met a lot of homosexuals and you wouldn't know they were gay unless they told you, which they won't unless the situation calls for it. Most of them are nice people and I enjoy their company, a few of them are jerks, but that's people for you.

Is it a choice? Highly unlikely given what we've learned about biology and about human psychology. An easy experiment for the non-believers would be they should try to be attracted to the same sex and see how that works for them. Do they actually become aroused by the idea of the same sex? Do they see themselves becoming intimate with a member of the same sex? There's many more questions to ask, but I'm no scientist... yet. :P

EDIT-
That'd be a good argument if you were, in fact, a monkey that was able to fly.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 23rd Dec 2008 at 2:43 AM
Pux, I'm living proof that I was attracted to boys when I was a boy, as in age 5 to 6. I felt so uncomfortable to sexually touch girls as a child (foreplay, fondling, etc.) but I liked it with boys and it happened quite a bit. A child at that age may not know that they are gay or won't understand it, but they technically are. If they weren't, they wouldn't grow up to be gay. They just don't know how to identify it because they are generally too young to do so. And please don't speak for gays because you obviously don't know the facts. If you're going to express an opinion, at least make it logical. Not being rude or anything, but just finding your posts a bit nonsensical.

Page 2 of 17