Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#26 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:19 AM
My two favorites are gone.
I loved Ramiele and Amanda Overmeyer.

I think now I'm starting to root for Castro. Not that I watch the show much anymore. Just once in a while.
Advertisement
#27 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:47 AM
i liked ramiele's voice but her song choice is suspect. her only great song choice was in the top 24 performance. then it went downhill for her. she could have killed alone but unfortunately she was sick that time. just hope that she will go here in the philippines and make an album lol. i think philippines' style of music suits her best :D

as for the remaining contestants i really liked brooke white. ever since i saw her singing 'happy together', i was hooked lol. but she's not gonna win and i accept that....
Theorist
#28 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:00 AM
I will be shocked if the top two left are anyone other than David Archuleta and Carly Smithson. She is by far the strongest female singer, and David Archuleta's voice makes ME pay attention, and I am a straight, 33 year old GUY. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 10:32 AM
Ramiele--mostly because she's Filipino (like I am). And it was a little sad to see her go. She had a really beautiful voice. And did you notice how short she is compared to the others?

David is good, but not great. His vocals are, ermm.....decent. He really isn't my favorite.

Oh, and just saw Dolly Parton week. Loved everyone's performances! Even Dolly Parton's performance--she's still got it after how many years.
Instructor
#30 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 10:52 AM
Yes, I did notice. Especially during the results when she was in the middle of Brooke and Kristy. I'm sure she will be a big hit when she gets home in the Philippines.

I want David Cook, Michael Johns or Carly Smithson to win. They seem to be the only people with decent amount of talent. Same with Brooke, but I can't see her as a winner

Hopefully Carly will dress decently this time around because of last Wednesday.

Why did Amanda go???

Honestly, I don't want Mr. Archuleta to win. I heard that his stage dad pressures him quite a lot and even harrassed one of the contestants of Star Search during his time there. That's what I heard.

...and he can't sing anything other than slow ballads without flubbing up, IMHO.

Yes, I'm rambling.
Original Poster
#31 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by davious
I will be shocked if the top two left are anyone other than David Archuleta and Carly Smithson. She is by far the strongest female singer, and David Archuleta's voice makes ME pay attention, and I am a straight, 33 year old GUY. LOL

Ah-ha-ha. Who can resist the singing voice of David Awww-chuleta? (more puns!)
I also think that the only reason Kristy is managing to squeak by is because of votefortheworst.com.
1306, you sound like my mom...not trying to be mean, but it's true! She also likes Ramiele because she's Filipino, like she is. She says that Ramiele will probably go home and make an album in the Phillippines. That'd be nice :D

Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
Honestly, I don't want Mr. Archuleta to win. I heard that his stage dad pressures him quite a lot and even harrassed one of the contestants of Star Search during his time there. That's what I heard.

I saw that in a tabloid, but I find it hard to believe. And even if it's true, what does that have to do with David's singing talent? I hope his fans won't stop voting for him just because of that.
Instructor
#32 Old 4th Apr 2008 at 2:56 PM
I'm Filipino, but I'm not a fan of Ramiele. I don't find her performances interesting.
#33 Old 5th Apr 2008 at 4:29 PM
David Cook has so much range and control, and Jason Castro has a soothing voice with a great falsetto, and they can both play guitar!

<3
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 12:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by duderocks
I'm Filipino, but I'm not a fan of Ramiele. I don't find her performances interesting.

Blame her song choices. Time and time again has she been told of her song choices. To be perfectly honest, I only remember one or two of her performances.
#35 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:20 PM
Jason Castro <33333

amazing on the ukulele !!!!
Mad Poster
#36 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 11:54 PM
What did everyone think of the Idol Gives Back special? I always think it's kind of pompous, this huge money-grossing entity of a show trying to look like a philanthropist organization, but they ARE helping. Did anyone actually donate? I always think it seems like a good cause, but I'd rather donate to a charity that would benefit my local community.

I thought Jimmy Kimmel was really, REALLY rude to Simon, what with talking about his nipples and all (on family television, no less). Maybe it's just me, but he and Sarah Silverman seem to just ridicule people rather than come up with some intelligent jokes. To me, that's not really funny. On a lighter note, I loved the Band From TV thing toward the beginning (especially 'cause of Jesse Spencer :D) and Carrie Underwood was amazing. The introduction with the So You Think You Can Dance crew was awesome, too- wish I could dance like that !

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#37 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:08 AM
Was that the guy who plays Chase from House playing violin? It had to be him!
edit: I <3 him!!!!

edit: and how is it only "a good cause"? It raised a crazy amount of money, and that includes food, education, and medicine. It's a fantastic cause!
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:21 AM
Quote:
I thought Jimmy Kimmel was really, REALLY rude to Simon, what with talking about his nipples and all (on family television, no less).

Pssh, yeah. I was watching it with my parents and when my mom saw that, she was like 'wtf?' It was embarassing!

I love how big shows like American Idol can raise so much money for good causes, such as child literacy and stopping poverty. It's nice to know that people in America all want to help out. They raised millions of dollars, wow! :D
Mad Poster
#39 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:33 AM
Yup, Connectzeedots, it was Chase, aka Jesse Spencer. I didn't know he played violin :P. Ain't he gorgeous ?

You're right, Allison, Jimmy Kimmel was embarrassing. That was almost painful to watch. It was practically 'poke fun at Simon night.'

Test Subject
#40 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:45 AM
Here's my take on the Idol Gives Back- thing. No matter how they accomplish it, it's great to see people come together to make a difference. I'm glad they use the popularity of American Idol to bring awareness to these issues, especially to the younger generation. However, I never feel like it's genuine. It seems like they get so criticized about being fluff television that they needed something to point to and say, "Oh yeah, well look at this." Not to mention the fact that it's all kind of hypocrytical. The show is all about flash, glitz, & excess, culminating in someone winning a lucrative recording deal. Yet, they spend one day a year pretending to care about the world's less fortunate. If they truly cared as much as they seemed to during their "Give Back" extravaganza, they'd spend less on production, wardrobe & marketing and give more to the people they show who are still living in huts with no running water, medicine or education.
Original Poster
#41 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by naplesstevens
If they truly cared as much as they seemed to during their "Give Back" extravaganza, they'd spend less on production, wardrobe & marketing and give more to the people they show who are still living in huts with no running water, medicine or education.

Still, 60 million dollars raised? That's HUGE! That's going to help out a lot of people!
#42 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:29 AM
oh, naplesstevens, don't bring up that whole 'I don't like the glitz and production' take on it. It's obnoxious.

They want the show to look good. That's not hurting anyone, you know. The 60 million dollars raised are just that. Raised, from celebrities and people around the country.
retired moderator
#43 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:39 AM
Let's keep the debating down, guys. If you want to debate about the charity and whatnot, please take it to the Debate Room. Thanks

Formerly known as boolPropped
#44 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:37 AM
WHY????!!!!!

Michael Johns was amazing! I don't understand how he could have had the least votes!

and Kristy stayed?! She's terrible!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 11:46 AM
Michael Johns was AMAZING, and not just at Dream On. I demand a recount :D!

#46 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 12:30 PM
*sobs*
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

I can't believe michael johns got voted off! Syesha (in my opinion) should have gotten voted off.
Instructor
#47 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 1:37 PM
Shame. I actually expected Carly/Syesha to be voted off. He is actually one of the good ones.

Stopped caring about the contestants after Amanda. I'll still watch, but not root for anyone.
Original Poster
#48 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:38 AM
I think Carly and Syesha are underrated and deserve more votes. They're in the bottom three week after week! I think they're really good!
I want Kristy to go. I can't believe how much influence that stupid VFTW website has on people :mean: A lot of people have noticed that the elimination pattern seems to go 'boy, girl, boy girl' every week, so if a girl leaves next week I want it to be Kristy, even though I'm pretty sure people will vote off Carly or Syesha instead
And really, Michael Johns leaving instead of Kristy? That's about as bad as Tamrya Gray leaving on Season 1 instead of Nikki McKibbin! Absolutely terrible.
#49 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 12:52 AM
But then again, Chris Daughtry got voted off in season 5 and he sold MORE albums than the winner and runner up! So Michael, even thoguh he never won, might still get noticed and sell MANY albums!
Field Researcher
#50 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 11:51 PM
I admit that I'm not really following the show this season, but I hope that David Archuleta wins. From the little I've seen of him, he can sing- and he even seems like a pretty nice guy.
Page 2 of 4