Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 14th Apr 2008 at 7:49 PM
I don't dislike David Archuleta, but I don't want him to win. He has a lovely voice, but no stage presence whatsoever- he just stands there and sings. I think he needs to be more of a showman if he wants to go anywhere in this business. Now that Michael has been eliminated, I think I'd like to see David Cook win.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 3:18 AM
David Archuleta's like a singing robot. No emotions, no stage presence. Shame, he has a great voice.

Now...DAVID COOK FOR AMERICAN IDOL! :D
#53 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 6:56 AM
I'm glad Kristy was voted off.
The only two I don't want to win are Jason or Syesha. I like the others.. it's getting tough!
#54 Old 19th Apr 2008 at 9:03 PM
Jason will have a career even if he loses.
Instructor
#55 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 3:56 AM
Okay, so Kristy Lee is out. Who's next? It could be either Jason or Brooke for me. Syesha is boring, but she's somewhere in the middle. Same with Carly.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 12:46 AM
Yes! Carly's gone. I didn't like her at all. She had a good voice, but I think she was a bit of a screamer. Jason probably should have been the one to go based on talent, but dreads aside, he's sort of nice to look at, so I'm not arguing .

#57 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Yes! Carly's gone. I didn't like her at all. She had a good voice, but I think she was a bit of a screamer. Jason probably should have been the one to go based on talent, but dreads aside, he's sort of nice to look at, so I'm not arguing .

Although I don't like Carly, I really wish Brooke would go home!
Every week, all she does is pout and bite her lip like she is 5 YEARS OLD! It is so annoying, I really don't think someone who is going to act like a toddler should be in the music industry.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 25th Apr 2008 at 1:03 AM
I think Brooke is very limited in what she'll be able to sing- neither she nor Jason are very versatile. They both have voices that sound lovely on sentimental songs with little of the band playing (usually when she just plays the piano, he just plays the guitar), but they're not good for much else. They need to be the ones to go next, because there's no way they're strong enough performers to make it in the industry.

#59 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:45 AM
Jason is voted off finally. I hope Syesha or David Cook will win. Honestly, I think David A is going to win because of all the people that like him. Who do you guys think will win?
Mad Poster
#60 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:51 AM
Looking at the situation logically, I think that David Archuleta will win just because he has the votes of all the teenage girls who salivate over him. However, he's not a performer and I think he's too inexperienced to win. It should be Syesha or David Cook- at least they've got stage presence to go with the voice.

Alchemist
#61 Old 9th May 2008 at 12:53 AM
I think it'll be one of the David's. I'm not an Archuleta fan, but I'm hoping he'll win because David Cook really doesn't need it. To be honest, I think it'll hurt his career if he wins. He's like Chris Daughtry, he doesn't need idol, he's ready to record, he just needed to get noticed.
Theorist
#62 Old 9th May 2008 at 1:06 AM
Syesha doesn't even want to be a pop singer. This is just her way of getting noticed so she can get a job on Broadway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obama on ABC's This Week, discussing Obamacare
What it's saying is, is that we're not going to have other people carrying your burdens for you anymore
umm...Isn't having other people carry your medical burden exactly what national health care is?
Top Secret Researcher
#63 Old 9th May 2008 at 4:23 AM
One of the Davids. Archuleta, since he's got more votes in his pocket, or Cook, since the judges seem to like him, and he's also got some fans.
Test Subject
#64 Old 15th May 2008 at 3:16 AM
WOW. Can't believe i found this thread this late into the show. o_O

I'm a shameless Archuleta fan. ahahah I have been ever since the start of the show, the kid amazes me.

I agree with most of you, he dosen't have stage experience, he's kind of awkward too, but i think that attributes to his young age. He's still a teenager afterall.

Compared to Cook, he seems inexperienced; but his pure, melodic voice and his clean image is what appeals to me. Cook is good but...i dont listen to his 'type' of music. He'll always be a rock star because that's his style.

Archuleta can do Pop and R&B songs. He's more versatile. Not to mention, he's good-looking. haha :P

I'm excited for next week!! David VS. David! Who will winn?!!?
Alchemist
#65 Old 15th May 2008 at 2:23 PM
I really don't know who will win. I like David Cook more, because I'm more into his "type" (lol) of music, but I sort of don't want him to win. I think it'll mess up his career a little bit. He'll be "American Idol rock" which is tame and not how I think he wants to be. It's like Chris Daughtry, he didn't win and look how he turned out. He's a real, credible rock artist. To me, David Cook doesn't need Idol. He just needed to get noticed, and he is now, so he doesn't need to win.

David Archuleta, though... he does need Idol and I think his style and just his overall... everything... screams Idol. He's the perfect person to win it, I think he should.
Top Secret Researcher
#66 Old 18th May 2008 at 3:21 PM
Okay, now I'm in a dilemma. Archuleta has an angelic voice--Cook can rock and I loved his arrangements on some songs. I don't know--shame the can't both win. :p
Test Subject
#67 Old 20th May 2008 at 4:10 PM
The Final Showdown begins tonight!! I can't wait to see what Archie sings tonight. I hope he picks a good one so we can all be hyped up for voting haha :P
#68 Old 21st May 2008 at 12:04 AM
I wish Syesha got through. Oh well, I bet David A is going to win.

Honestly, I don't really like either of them much. David C is not my style and David A is too shy.

Edit:

Warning: Spoiler

Ohh wow! Looks like David C won! I wasn't expecting that.
Mad Poster
#69 Old 22nd May 2008 at 11:55 AM
Hooray for David Cook! I think they haven't picked the right person since Carrie Underwood (should have been Michael Johns, this year), but I'd rather see him win than Archuleta. I bet he'll have a great career.

Alchemist
#70 Old 22nd May 2008 at 2:30 PM
Yay, David Cook! He was so friggin' cute when he won. He kept crying. Did anyone catch his brother right at the end mouthing the words "that's my brother" at the camera? I was like AWWW. He's gonna have an awesome career.
Mad Poster
#71 Old 22nd May 2008 at 7:54 PM
I love how David Cook clapped for David Archuleta practically right after they announced his name. What a classy guy.

Alchemist
#72 Old 22nd May 2008 at 9:25 PM
I knowww! The whole time after they announced him, I kept going "aww" at him. He's so awesome/classy/adorable.
Test Subject
#73 Old 23rd May 2008 at 4:30 PM
To be honest I was pretty pi$$t when they announced Cook.

Also, seacrest was being unnecessary when he mentioned that the winner by 12 MILLION votes was cook. This goes to prove that AI is seriously rigged. I know ppl cheat all the time but this is just ridiculous.

I'm glad Archuleta didnt break down or was sad or anything. Im sure he was sad inside but he did a good job of pretending to be happy for Cook. hahah i applaud him for his maturity in handling the situation.

At this point i'm sure we'll be seeing Archuleta again, whether or not he goes on to make an album or appears in a different show. He's too good to be passed up.
Top Secret Researcher
#74 Old 23rd May 2008 at 5:01 PM
Actually, I was shocked to hear that Cook won. I was sure Archuleta would win--not that I'm ticked off or anything.

But I'm pretty sure Archuleta's fans will be clamoring for more from him. Regardless of him losing, he is too good to be passed up.

Now that Cook won, I want to hear more from him. I hope he can write songs just as good as he can sing.
#75 Old 26th May 2008 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ilc163

Also, seacrest was being unnecessary when he mentioned that the winner by 12 MILLION votes was cook. This goes to prove that AI is seriously rigged. I know ppl cheat all the time but this is just ridiculous.

To be honest, you're also a David A. fan. *shrug*

And I thought it was interesting to hear the parameter by which the winner was chosen.
Page 3 of 4