Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#51 Old 4th Sep 2008 at 11:28 PM
Oohh, snap!
Don and Dina are so conniving. I love how you portray them with each chapter.
Keep it upp! :3
Advertisement
Original Poster
#52 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:04 AM
Chapter 12: The Gift of Curves
NOTICE: One night, on a random downloading spree of custom content, I accidentally downloaded a file that replaced the sims 2 default eyes. And because I have a lot of files in my download folder, I can’t quite weed out which one it is. So I hope a lot of you can cope with the sudden change of everyone’s eye color, if not, let me know in the comment section – and I will personally try my best to find and remove the file. I hope their new looks don’t bother you too much, I promise it’s only the eyes that have changed.
~!~!~!~!~

Dina and Don stumbled into his bed that night. They anxiously pulled at each other’s clothes, until both were naked and on the bed. Both their passions ignited as their lips met, their bodies tingling from alcohol and passion.

Once they were spent, they laid together comfortable in each other’s arms until finally they were lulled in to a deep sleep.

In the morning, Dina awoke to the noise of her cell phone ringing. Quickly getting up from bed, she grabbed her phone, almost screaming in delight when she saw Mortimer’s name come up on the screen.

“Hello?” She said anxiously into her phone.

“Princess, I was wondering if you weren’t too busy to drop by, I have a surprise for you.” Mortimer purred into the phone.

“I’ll be right there, my love,” she said quickly, hanging up and getting dressed.

Without bothering to see if Don had woken up, she ran out of the house.

Mortimer met her in front of his house, greeting her as she walked up the steps of his house. Not bothering to wait for him to make the first move, she pulled him in for a kiss.

Mortimer pulled her inside the house, his eyes twinkling as he turned back to her and said, “I have a present for you.” He caressed her cheek gently.

“Oh ho, you’re so bad, Morty!” she giggled. “What’s my present, what did you get me?”

“I’ve booked a vacation for the both of us. I’d like to take you away, somewhere exotic, for a few days.” He replied, his grin wide.

“Oh my god, Morty! You spoil me!” She grinned wickedly, “are you going to tell me where we’re going?”

“Of course not, darling. You’ll just have to wait and see.” He said to her, enjoying her excitement.

Jumping into his arms, she cried, “Morty, you are just too good to me. I feel like such a princess!” She giggled some more.

“Of course, my love. Whatever my Princess wants, she’ll get.” He held onto her light body. “I hope you don’t mind me spoiling you this way.” He said, suddenly sounding unsure of his surprise present for her.

“Oh…Morty. It just sounds perfect.” She murmured. “Just perfect…” She silently thanked the witch, realizing that her plan was in full effect.

An hour later, after she had went home and packed, they were boarding the cab that he called to take them to the airport.

~

Five hours later, Dina waited impatiently as she and Mortimer stood in the most Twikki Island hotel, checking into their booked room. She silently thanked the heavens when she over heard Mortimer confirming their reservation for the two bedroom hotel room. She was glad she didn’t have to sleep in the same bed, feeling almost nauseated at the thought.

“Oh my god, its hideous!” She cried, as they had walked into their hotel room. Realizing her outburst was anything but lady-like, she murmured, “I mean, it’s … it’s not what I expected.”

“I agree, Princess. Do you want me to change it? I took this one because it was the only one that had two separate rooms.” He apologized.

“Oh no, its fine.” She smiled at him, once again relieved that they had separate rooms. “I like the view, at least that’s one good thing about this room.” She laughed a bit as she moved over to sliding doors that lead out to the patio.

Hands on hips, he joined her, staring out at the beach through the glass. “It isn’t so bad. Still I could get another room if you’re not happy here.”

She walked over to the couch, “well, we shouldn’t change the room just because their choice of furniture is hideous,” she let out a laugh at her own joke.

Following her, he put his finger under her chin, forcing her to look up at him.

“You are amazing, Dina, you know that? I’m so lucky to have a woman like you.” He smiled at her, his eyes reflecting the love he felt for her. “I want to take you out to a romantic dinner tonight, and then, I will present to you your second gift for tonight.”

She only smiled at him, wondering what more he could have in store for her.

~

After a romantic dinner, just as Mortimer had promised her, they went for a romantic walk on the beach. Mortimer pulled Dina to a sudden stop, pulling her into his arms and surprising her as he looked deeply into her eyes.

Staring back, she saw a look in his eyes that she couldn’t quite understand. Mortimer smiled gently at her as she gasped when he produced a plain golden ring from his jacket pocket.

“Dina, ever since I laid eyes on you, I’ve felt this sudden urge to make you my wife. I have never met a sexier, more beautiful woman than you and it would be an honor if you would allow me to call you my wife and take care of you for the rest of my life. I promise to make sure that you will never have to lift another pretty finger for as long as I live because everything of mine, I want to give to you.” Mortimer’s voice was thick with emotion as he slid the ring onto her finger and in return handed to her another plain gold ring.

She cleared her throat, “Mortimer, I would be honored to be your wife. You are a …good man.” She said quickly and slipped the ring on his finger.

Placing his hands on top of hers, Mortimer sighed happily. “We are now husband and wife, my Princess. I have the wedding certificate back in the room, once you sign it, this whole ordeal will be official.”

“Oh Morty! That’s just great!” She almost lost her footing in her excitement. Her mind started racing with thoughts of all the things she could now afford. New clothes, new jewelry, a car, a new house…several new houses, her mind greedy with thoughts of things she could now afford to possess.

He broke her out of her trance when he pulled her in for a kiss. She could feel all the passion he was trying to put into it, and she tried to muster enough passion on her end to make him feel as though she were just as interested in the kiss. She almost let out a sigh of relief when it was over, fighting the urge to wipe her mouth.

Mortimer suddenly surprised Dina when he asked for her cell phone. Handing over her phone, she watched confused as he dialed Cassandra’s number.

“I’m going to tell her that there’s a new member a part of the family now,” he said with a grin, clearing his throat when he heard someone pick up.

“Hello, daughter dearest, boy do I have news for you!” He said grinning as Dina giggled mischievously next to him. “Guess who is now a part of the Goth family….”

Thank you so much for your comments guys! Thanks to: Prettiammie2005, leos_pride, nicole123, PETCHY14, charlie-chan, and Nanakon – also a big thanks to the silent readers – I appreciate your interest in my story too.
#53 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 10:24 AM
Great update! I can't wait to see what happens next
#54 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:16 PM
silent reader that's me. This was an awesome update and I actually really like the default eyes. I can't wait to see what happens next also.
Scholar
#55 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 3:22 PM
Ooooo can't wait to see Cassandra's reaction! (In my game she ATTACKED Dina at the wedding!...and Dina's my favourite Maxis sim so i booted Cass out :P)

Dina looks gorgeous, the second last shot of them kissing on he bech is so sweet!

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
Instructor
#56 Old 6th Sep 2008 at 8:00 PM
Those are rensim's hybrid eyes that you have there!

RSdefaultEyes-hybrid should be the name of the package file that contains them!

Wow, Alex is not gonna be too happy with his new step mom! :3
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 3:35 AM
yay!
love the update!

makes me want bon voyage so much!
#58 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 5:50 AM
Oh
Oh
I love this story so much.
Keep writing or I'll die.
;-;
Field Researcher
#59 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 8:21 PM
Ah! Sorry I haven't been on here in a while - work... I just caught up on the chapters I missed and WOW! It's sad that Angela and Lilith went separate ways for now, but I think you have made the story very realistic in terms of what would happen to members of a broken family. I cant wait to see how Alex ans Cassie react to Dina and Morty's spur of the moment wedding. You've made me want to go play with Plesantview!!

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
Original Poster
#60 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 7:12 PM
Chapter 13: She will be loved Part 1

Cassandra quietly put the phone back into it’s cradle, staring at it in shock. Her father was now married. She couldn’t believe it, her mind reeling with hurt and anger. She believed that maybe with the fact that her mother's body had still not been found, her father would have reconsidered getting married, at least until they had proof that Bella was really gone. However, the phone call she just received from him proved otherwise. He was going to return home a married man, his new wife a woman in her early twenties.

She suddenly decided she didn’t care anymore. She didn’t care if her father was going to make a fool out of their family. She was going to do whatever she felt like too, if this was his game. Did her father really think if he pushed the Dina card, she wouldn’t push back with Don? A small smile played her lips as she wondered what her father would do if he came back home to realize that his daughter had gone and married the town playboy without an inkling of a thought of what it would do to him and the Goth family reputation.

A few minutes later Cassandra was in front of Don's house, ringing his doorbell.Her hands were shaking as she was unsure of how to present the situation to him.

Don came out dressed in a crisp white shirt, greeting her with his usual passionate kiss.

When he finally pulled away from her, she held onto her hands to keep them from shaking noticeably.

“Don,” she started, “I wanted to ask you…if we…uh..could get married a lot sooner.” Her voice wobbled with anxiety.

“How much sooner?” Don asked, tilting his head. “I thought we already agreed on a date.”

“Well, I know the wedding isn’t for another month, but I was hoping, I mean if you’re not busy today,” she gulped, “if we could get married…maybe…today?”

“But why so soon?” Don asked her, “won’t your father be upset that he wasn’t a part of it?”

She crossed her arms over her chest. “Who cares what my father thinks, Don? I want to be your wife; I don’t want to wait anymore.” She pouted ever so slightly. “I thought you would feel the same.”

Fearing that if he upset her, she’d break of the engagement, Don quickly turned his attitude around.

Pointing at her, he said, “if you want to get married today, my love, you got it. We can get married today.”

She smiled at him feeling relieved. “Thank you, Don.” She whispered.

Leaning close to her, he stroked her cheek gently. “Don’t thank me, love, I should be thanking you for even agreeing to become my wife.” Smiling at her, he wondered in the back of his head when he could give Dina a call to tell he was getting married today.

~

A couple of hours later, Don stood at the alter staring at the seated guests. There weren’t that many, but of course that was to be expected at such a short notice. He was starting to get impatient waiting for Cassandra to finish getting ready and join him.

“I’m sure she’ll be here any moment,” he said through clenched teeth at the guests.

Darren quickly got up, murmuring something about fetching Cassandra he started walking towards the house. When he reached the corner, Don caught up with him.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Don hissed at him. “Don’t think I don’t know you two have feelings for each other. If you two are planning to embarrass me-”

Darren cut him off, “Don, you have no right to suspect Cassandra of anything other than loving you, you moron. It’s so obvious to everyone else but you. She’s marrying you, not me. So back off, she’s probably feeling upset that she has no one to give her away.” Darren glared at Don.

“Whatever,” Don muttered, walking away from him.

Meanwhile, upstairs...

Cassandra stared at herself in the mirror. She was starting to feel insecure about the decision she was making by marrying Don in a hurry.

Am I doing this for revenge? She wondered with a grimace. Her mother had always told her to marry out of love. Was she doing it out of love? She started to wonder if she even loved Don when she heard someone clear his throat behind her.

Looking up in the mirror, she saw Darren.

“So,” she asked breathlessly. “Do I look alright?”

“You look absolutely stunning,” Darren said to her in a thick voice full of emotion.

She let out a nervous laugh, “I just…I’m not sure why I’m doing this Darren. I don’t know if I even want to be married.” She shook her head, still staring at him in the mirror. “Ignore I said that, please. I must just be nervous.”

He nodded, not saying anything.

Cassandra looked back at him over her shoulder, “I saw you bought a date to the wedding.” She said quietly, “she’s very pretty, Darren. I’m happy for you.”

When Darren continued to stay quiet, she suddenly turned around and flung her arms around him.

“Oh Darren,” she stifled a sob. “I’m so glad you’re here. You’re always there when I need you, you’re such a good friend.” She rubbed her chin against his shoulder affectionately. “Thank you so much for coming.”

He murmured something she couldn’t understand and pulled away. “I’ll let them know you’re on your way,” he said quickly and walked away.

When he was gone,Cassandra wiped at the few stray tears that started to overflow from her eyes.

She wished her mother was there to tell her what she needed to hear. She wanted to make sure that her decision was the right one. All she ever wanted in her life was to be loved, and now that she had a chance to get married and live forever with a man who would adore her, she was feeling insecure.

She was no longer sure of what she wanted to do.

~~~~~

Thank you for the comments: novemberlove, Alexilibra, slytherin-girl, prettiammie2005, puppyluver0811, HyjaClinton, Treena410 -- since no one’s complained about their new eyes, I’ve decided to leave em’ in. Stay tuned for the next part which will be put up tonight.
#61 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
Aww poor Cassy
Original Poster
#62 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 1:01 AM
Chapter 13: She will be loved Part 2
Deciding that her fears and uncertainty about her marriage to Don were all just wedding day jitters, Cassandra decided to join him at the alter, pushing aside her doubts.

She stood there, staring into his devastatingly handsome face. Her heart melted when he pulled out a gold band and slid it on her finger, after vowing to give her only a lifetime of happiness.

She in response to his vows slid a matching plain gold band around his finger, after promising to keep him a very happy man.

Pulling her into his arms, Don looked at her intensely. It was only then when she felt she had made the right decision by marrying him, even if she didn’t know whether she loved him or not.

Leaning into him, she completed their ceremony with a kiss, her heart skipping a beat when he reciprocated. It was now official, she was now Cassandra Goth Lothario, wife of the devilishly handsome, Don Lothario.

The wedding ceremony was followed up with Don slapping some cake into her mouth and laughing as though it were the funniest thing he’d ever seen. Cassandra didn’t mind as much, however she hoped that that was the last piece of cake she’d have to eat in a while. After giving out pieces of the cake to the guests, she went and mingled.

After mingling for a bit, Cassandra was in Don’s kitchen, about to drink her first glass of champagne, when Don stumbled over to her.

“Hey baby,” he slurred. He hiccupped and said, “I mean..Mrs. Lothario.”

She raised an eyebrow at him, “are you drunk, Don?”

“Nah baby, I’m on happy juice,” with that he burst out laughing and walked away.

She was about to follow him when she caught sight of her brother standing near the kitchen doorway. Making her way over to him, she smiled.

“Hey kiddo, thanks for making it to my uh…very abrupt wedding.” She said to him. “You know, since I’m not coming back home, you’re welcome to move in with me and Don.”

Alex shook his head, “thanks but no thanks Cassie.” When he saw her eyes fill with hurt, he quickly said, “if there’s anyone I hate more than Dina, it’s Don. Sorry, you know how I feel about him. And dad needs someone to look after him, especially when he’s got a gold digger hot on his heels.”

She smiled and pulled her brother in for a hug, wondering if she should tell him about the phone call she had received earlier from Mortimer.

“I’ll be okay, don’t worry about me, Cass” Alex said into her neck. “I’m just going to miss having my big sister around.”

She let him go, smiling proudly at him as he walked away. Noticing Darren standing over by the kitchen window, she walked over to him.

“Hey Darren,” she said to his back, wondering if he was okay. “Thanks once again for coming to my wedding, it’s a shame Mary-Sue couldn’t make it as well, huh?”

“I tried calling her,” he said while looking out the window, “she wasn’t picking up her phone. I wonder if her and Daniel had another fight again. I’ve been hearing rumors about him having an affair with their maid.”

“Oh,” she said, not knowing what more to say. She knew about Mary-Sue’s troubles, she just didn’t know why she put up with having a cheating husband. Almost all of Pleasantview knew of his affair with the maid.

Darren turned around and took her hand in his. “Look at you, Cassandra, now a married woman. I’m happy for you.” He said smiling, but his voice gave away his true emotion.

She thanked him and pulled her hand away, not wanting to create unwanted tension, especially since Darren looked into her eyes intensly. As she walked away, however, she wondered again if she was happy being Mrs. Lothario.

Darren was approached by his date for the evening. Karen stopped in front of him and asked if he was okay.

“Well, I just told her I was happy for her, and for now, I think I’ve been doing well. Thank you for suggesting that I do this during our last session.”

His psychiatrist smiled. “Darren, you’ve been doing great. It’s not as bad as I thought it was. There’s definitely an improvement since the last session indeed. I’m very proud of you for handling yourself well around Cassandra.”

Darren nodded, wishing he could just smell Cassandra’s hair once more. “Yes,” he said to his doctor, “I definitely feel like I’m improving.”

Meanwhile outside, Don and Cassandra were enjoying some time away from the guests. Cassandra laughed as he grabbed her hand and twirled her around.

Then dipped her for a romantic kiss.

She giggled when he finally pulled her upright and looked at her with a grin forming his lips.

“So Mrs. Lothario, have anything in mind for us to do after the guests leave?” He asked her mischeviously.

“Oh I was thinking maybe we could do a cross word puzzle together after watching some T.V.” She teased, knowing exactly what he was hoping to hear.

“Hey,” he protested. “That’s not what I had in mind!”

She grinned, “Well get rid of the guests and maybe we can do what it is you want to do.” She purred into his ear.

With that he quickly went around the house, shooing away the guests, telling them that the bride and groom were feeling tired. It seemed only a minute had passed when he finally threw her down on the bed, and climbed on top of her, grinning down into her face.

“Wow, I believe the eager medal goes to you.” She murmured, staring up into his twinkling eyes with wide eyes.

“I want you, Cass” he suddenly said, crushing his lips to hers and pressing the full weight of his body onto hers. She let his passion sweep her away, allowing herself to get lost in his arms and forget about the uncertainty that still remained in her stomach.

Later that night, as they both drifted to sleep, Cassandra’s final thoughts were about Darren and how devastated he had looked when she slid the ring onto Don’s finger.

Thank you so much for your comment on Part 1: Nicole123.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 3:51 AM
Wow. Just thought I'd say that I absolutley love this story and it's awesome.
Can't wait for the next chapter.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 4:56 AM
I sat there the whole time, wishing Cassie NOT to marry Don. I love the way you pulled me into the chapter, it was almost like i was there.

my stories:
Something Lost
Field Researcher
#65 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 5:30 AM
Haha, Darren's date was his therapist! I kind of hope that Cassie falls for Darren, but I also want Don to have a big change of heart and become a decent guy for her.

The best stories come from real life. Check out my Sim story at S2C:
Back To Love
#66 Old 9th Sep 2008 at 7:49 AM
Hi GiipsySimKittyn,

I haven't read all of your story yet but it's clear I've already fallen in love with it Your writing is excellent and the plot seems to be very interesting. I know nothing about Maxis plotlines so everything is really new to me.
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 9:16 PM
Chapter 14: Out of Reach

A few weeks later, Darren was sitting in Dr. Karen Spitzig’s office, waiting to talk to her. He was enthralled with a book he was reading, when Abby, the office assistant, told him that Karen was ready to see him.

Thanking Abby, he walked into the office. Karen was typing something on her laptop when she suddenly looked up and took her hands off her keyboard.

“Wow…Darren,” She said with a raised brow. “You look terrible.”

“I know,” he mumbled as he gave her a halfway shrug. “I don’t think I’ve slept well these last few weeks.”

“Well, it looks like it.” She agreed and motioned him to his usual chair. “Sit, we’ll get the session started.”

When they were both seated, she waited patiently for him to begin, keeping an eye on his face to watch for emotions.

Darren leaned forward a bit and cradled his head in his hands.

“I don’t know what’s wrong with me, Karen.” He said hoarsely, his voice cracking. “I can’t stop thinking about her.”

“Have you tried keeping yourself busy?” Karen asked thoughtfully.

“I’ve tried everything!” He suddenly lashed out at her angrily, “that’s not the issue, keeping myself busy was never a problem. It’s the whole trying to fall asleep without thoughts of her consuming me, that’s an issue!” He glared at her. “I want pills. Anything you’ve got. I want to stop feeling like a zombie, Karen. You gotta help me!”

“No Darren, I’m not putting you on anymore pills. We obviously have to delve deeper to see where this obsession with Cassandra Goth is coming from. For now, all I can advise is for you to keep a distance from her.” Karen said, watching him carefully. “Have you tried dating recently? Or at least finding companionship in other women or men?”

He looked at her bemused. “No, but then again, I haven’t been able to think about anyone but her…so…” he trailed off thoughtfully.

“Well,” Karen said, getting up. “I’m not going to write you off as unstable just yet, especially since it seems like we can go in different directions with this before committing you.” When she saw that he was staring at her shocked, she gave a short laugh. “That was a joke, Darren.” When a look of relief spread across his features, she continued, “I’m going to suggest you try to find some friends who can make time for you, and just enjoy their company. Let’s see how this exercise works at our next session. I will see you next week.”

Darren thanked her and walked out of her office, wondering who he could call to hang out with. After Darleen’s death, most of the couple’s they would hang out with, just stopped calling him or bothering to see how he was doing. They went on with their lives and him with his. He thought about Mary-Sue but quickly dismissed that thought as he remembered the rumors about her leaving her house after finding Daniel cheating on her with Kaylynn. He felt a wave of depression washing over him as he realized that after Darleen’s death, his only true friend had been Cassandra, and now he was being ordered to keep away from her.

Just as Darren was about to leave the office, he heard Abby calling out his name. Looking up from the floor, he walked over to her.

“Darren, just so you know, I’ve scheduled an appointment for next week.” She said, then looking at him closely, she asked softly, “are you okay?”

He smiled and gave her a tight smile. “I’m fine, Abby. Just feeling a little under the weather today, I guess. Thank you for making the appointment, I guess I’ll see you next week.” He murmured and left the office.

Abby once again caught up with him just as he had exited the building.

“Darren,” she began shyly while staring at his shoes. “I wanted to ask you….” She hesitated finishing her sentence, wondering if this kind of behavior was even appropriate.

When he stood there silently, looking at her curiously, she gulped, squaring her shoulders bravely and blurted out, “Darren Dreamer will you have dinner with me tomorrow night?”

A sudden smile broke out onto his face and he nodded. Relieved she told him where to pick up along with the time, happy that he hadn’t rejected her.

As he turned and left, Darren could feel her watching him. He was happy. Now at least he had some sort of activity to report to Karen, even if he was in no way attracted to Abby. He figured she’d at least make a good acquaintance at the most and for once he’d be able to focus his thoughts on someone other than Cassandra.

~

Meanwhile, over at the Pleasantview Community Center, two new lovebirds were snuggling under the sun.

Dirk Dreamer cuddled his new girlfriend, Lacie Kudrow, closer. They had met in school, a few days after Cassandra’s surprise wedding. Lacie was smart, beautiful, and a huge fan of his band. After a few days of flirting with her, Dirk finally found enough courage to ask her out. A few weeks later, they were officially a couple.

Moving her over to the bench, after growing tired of the scent of grass wafting up his nose, Dirk pulled her into his lap and continued to cuddle her, unaware that Lilith was walking towards them.

When Dirk felt a sudden shadow fall over both him and Lacie, he looked up, surprised to see his Lilith standing in front of them, her arms crossed over her chest in a hostile manner.

“So I see you went blonde,” Lilith said, hostility radiating from her voice as she stared at Lacie.

Unsure if she was talking about his hair or girlfriend, he muttered, “Hey Lilith,” feeling uneasy, especially since he hadn’t told her about him and Lacie being a couple.

Lacie, hearing Lilith’s name, scrambled out of his lap and stood in front of Lilith, exclaiming, “oh my god! I finally get to meet you. I’m Lacie, Dirk’s girlfriend. He’s told me so much about you, and I have to say that I’m a huge fan of your band. I think you’re the most awesome guitarist I’ve ever heard!”

When Lilith only raised a brow at her, Lacie continued, “you just have to play for me one of these days, or maybe for my brother’s birthday party! Oh please oh please!” She begged, clearly excited.

“Right…” Lilith said to her, then looked over at Dirk and said, “Buh-bye,” walking away.

Lacie looked at Dirk confused and slightly hurt. “Did I say something wrong?”

Getting up, he pulled his girlfriend in for a quick kiss. “Let me handle this,” he said and with that, took off after Lilith.

Lilith was in the park lot, walking away, when she suddenly heard Dirk call out her name. Stopping, she crossed her hands over her chest and waited impatiently for him to catch up to her, not bothering to turn around to face him.

“What do you want?” She spat out as he grew closer.

Stopping a few inches behind her, he whispered, “are you jealous, Lilith Pleasant?”

She forced out a laugh. “Hah! Why would I be jealous of …what’s her face?”

“Her name’s Lacie, Lil. And there’s no reason for you to be angry…unless, that is, if you’re jealous of seeing us together.” He stepped closer to her, his chest pressed against her back.

“I’m more pissed that my best friend didn’t bother to tell me that he was in relationship!” She said angrily, her back stiffening against his chest.

He whispered, “Liar,” into her ear and grabbed her arm, whirling her around. Wrapping his arms around her in a grip that she couldn’t get out of, he pressed his lips against hers, kissing her with everything he had.

Lilith, forgetting for a moment that she was angry at him, kissed him back. When he stepped back, she saw he was smiling. About to get angry at him again, she was taken back when he gently stroked her cheek with the back of his hand.

“Just say the word, Lil, and I’ll break up with her. You know my heart is only for you.” He said, his voice full of promise.

Reaching for his hand, she pulled it away from her cheek and stared at him. Taking a few steps back, she stuttered, “I-I…I can’t. I have to go.” And with that turned around and broke out into a run.

As he watched the distance grow between them, Dirk felt a weight settle upon his chest, realizing that he was still very much in love with Lilith Pleasant.

Thanks for the comments: alliemarie2323, leos_pride, Treena410, Lilla_Myy -- they mean a lot to me! Sorry for taking so long with this chapter, I had a sudden project from work to finish up. Hope you guys enjoy the chapter!
Field Researcher
#68 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:14 PM
Lilith Goth?
How'd that happen?

Lab Assistant
#69 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:25 PM
alliemarie2323, i was thinking the same thing. Did we miss something??
Original Poster
#70 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:58 PM
LOL I am so sorry for the confusion you guys, thanks for catching that! I was thinking about Cassandra in the end while typing and I guess it showed.

I fixed it.

EDIT:: Since I'm still mortified over the mistake of naming Lilith Pleasant, Lilith Goth -- I promise to A Pleasant View's story fans a shiny new chapter tonight.
Field Researcher
#71 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 2:55 AM
Thank you mucho :D

Original Poster
#72 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:15 AM
Chapter 15: A Night Out Part 1

Lilith walked towards her aunt’s house, trying to put any thoughts of Dirk out of her mind. She wasn’t ready to be in a long term relationship, she thought. She wished he could understand, but knew deep down inside, that he never would. Especially since they had been dating for as long as she could remember. She felt she needed some time on her own, without feeling the need to worry about what Dirk would think every time she did something.

As she walked into the house, getting ready to go up the stairs to the room she shared with her cousin Lucy, her aunt Jennifer called out her name. Walking over to where Lilith was standing, Jennifer put her hands on her hips.

“Lilith,” she chastised, “I’ve asked you several times already to remove that make up from your face. You’re still a young a girl, you shouldn’t want such a dark look.”

Barely containing the urge to roll her eyes, Lilith mumbled something in response and tried to inch away from her aunt.

“Well, while you’re going up there, can you change into some party clothes and ask Lucy to come downstairs with you to celebrate her birthday dinner we’ve got planned for her? She’s been in her room all day, and I thought it’d be nice to celebrate her seventeenth birthday as a family.” Jennifer said to her.

“I will!” She yelled as she ran up the stairs.

Walking into the room she shared with her cousin Lucy, Lilith caught sight of her on her bed, reading a book.

“Hey,” Lilith said softly to her. “Why are you up here? Your parents are waiting for you to join them for a birthday dinner downstairs.”

“I know,” Lucy, sighed while still staring at her book.

“I’m going to go change,” Lilith said walking out the room and into the bathroom.

Lucy put down her book and got up. She felt miserable that she was going to be spending yet another birthday with her parents, rather than with any friends.

“I hate this!” She suddenly yelled loud enough so Lilith could hear. “I hate that this is how I’m spending my birthday.”

When Lilith came out of the bathroom, Lucy raised her brow at her.

“Wow,” she said, “you look different without the black lipstick.”

Lilith rolled her eyes. “Your mom kept nagging me to get rid of the make up, so I figured for this dinner, I’d oblige her just this once.” She waved her hand to dismiss the topic, “anyway, if you’re so bummed about spending your birthday with your family, why not just go do something else?”

“Right,” Lucy said sarcastically, “because they’ve allowed me to do anything but spend all my birthdays with them.”

“We should sneak out tonight then,” Lilith suggested. “Let’s go do something crazy!”

“Are you crazy?” Lucy’s eyes widened in shock, “If they find out, they’d kill us!”

Lilith tried to shush her, “calm down, that’s why they call it sneaking out.”

Lucy was about to say something when her mother called for them to join her and John for dinner.

“We’ll discuss it more after the dinner,” Lilith promised as they went down the stairs.

They sat down at the dinner table with John as Jennifer began serving the cake she baked for her daughter.

They ate in silence. Lucy tried not to look bored as she crammed her mother’s cake into her mouth.

“We should watch a movie in the living room after this!” Jennifer suddenly suggested to her daughter. “You still like that movie, Fairies, right honey?”

Lucy forced her mother a smile, wondering if her mother seriously thought she was still five years old.

A few hours later, Lucy and Lilith waited impatiently for John and Jennifer to retire to bed. Lucy looked over at her cousin and shrugged, wondering why they were taking so long.

Finally, after what seemed like a lifetime, Jennifer got up and gave her daughter a kiss on the cheek.

“Now don’t stay up so late you two” she smiled at her daughter. “It may be the weekend and your birthday, but you should get your normal eight hours of sleep.” With that, she took her husband and left the room.

After they were completely out of sight, Lucy turned to Lilith, excited. “Now what do we do?”

“Well let’s go upstairs and change, first of all. Then we wait an hour to make sure they’re asleep before heading out.” Lilith said, grabbing her hand and taking her up the stairs to their room.
When they both changed into clothes they were more comfortable in, Lilith looked at Lucy with a raised eyebrow.

“You’re wearing that? Don’t you have anything a little more…so unlike you?” Lilith asked her.

“My mom still picks out my clothes,” Lucy replied in a defeated tone.

“Enough said,” Lilith agreed, looking her cousin over. “I think the first place we should hit is the hair salon.”

Lucy mumbled something incomprehensible.

After waiting for an hour, the girls sneaked out. When they were outside the house, Lilith and Lucy ran for John’s truck. Getting into the driver’s seat, Lilith grinned over at her cousin, turning the car engine on once her cousin was in.

After letting the engine warm up for a couple of minutes, Lilith turned to her cousin and asked,“Ready?”

“I am so excited!” Lucy squealed in anticipation.

And with that, Lilith pulled the car out from the driveway.

~

They arrived at a small hair salon. Getting out of the car, Lilith pulled her cousin into the salon and called one of the hairstylists over.

“Hey Nicky,” Lilith said affectionately to the hairstylist. “This here is my cousin, Lucy. And she needs to not be her boring self for tonight.” She said cheerfully as she shoved Lucy down into a chair.

Nicky grinned and took out his scissors. “No problem, my dear. I know just what she needs.” He began snipping away at her hair.

Half an hour later, Nicky was done and quite proud of his work. When he provided Lucy with a mirror, he winced as she squealed in delight.

“Oh my god, Nicky, I love it!” She blinked, barely believing that the person staring back was herself. “I look so different.”

Amused at her, Nicky grinned and gave her a wink. “That was the idea, doll.” He moved onto Lilith who was waiting patiently for him to give her a makeover as well.

After they were both done, they stood outside, Lucy playing anxiously with her hands as she tried not to notice how late it was getting.

“What’s next?” She asked her cousin nervously.

“Next, we get you a new outfit.” Lilith grinned and motioned for her to get in the truck with her.

~

A few minutes later, after Lucy bought an outfit and changed into it, they stood outside in front of the store.

“Now are you telling me where we’re going?” She fought the urge to pull her skirt down. Never wearing a skirt so short before, she was beginning to feel a little uneasy. She put her hands on her hips and stared at her cousin.

“You’ll see,” Lilith grinned. “You are going to thank me for this night.”

Lucy rolled her eyes, “just tell me what we’re going to be doing at least.” She demanded, slightly exasperated with how vague her cousin was being.

“Oh you are absolutely no fun with surprises,” Lilith muttered. “Fine, fine, we’re going to experience band night tonight!” She declared with a grin.

To Be Continued…

Thank you for your comments: alliemarie2323 and shelbnumber1
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 12:08 PM
another wonderful update. i love how lucy and lilith are so close.
love their makeovers, too.
can't wait to read more.
Instructor
#74 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:49 PM
Hope they don't get caught! :O
Field Researcher
#75 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 10:03 PM
O_o
Hopefully they won't get caught. Anyways..loved the update. It was fantabulous. :D

Page 3 of 10