Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:05 AM Last edited by nadsy01_SC : 21st Jun 2009 at 8:54 AM.
The Best Bedroom Ever! Application ~*Sims 2 & Sims 3*~
The Best Bedroom Ever! Contest.

This contest is all about a bedroom that suits the sim living in it. Don’t worry if you’re bad at sim making, this is all about decorating. There will be four rounds. I will give you a profile about the sim going to be living in the room.
There will be no eliminations, only an overall winnder and a runner up.

Rules:
You can use The Sims 2 or the Sims 3. Not both of them!
Custom Content is allowed, but not required.
You can create and picture the sim, but you don’t have to.
The room can be no larger than 10 x 10 tiles
Money is not limited
All and any EP’s and SP’s are allowed, but not required
Rooms cannot be any smaller than 3 x 3 tiles
Don’t spam the thread please!

Prizes
It would be nice if someone could donate a gift. If you would like to donate a gift, please PM me.

I am currently in the proccess of making some sims for prizes.

Application
You will be building a bedroom for a little girl.
She is not a ‘girly’ girl, she likes camo patterns, making a mess and arts and crafts. She cannot keep up with her homework, so she needs to study more that her end of year exams.
Application Round due before: 6.22.09 (22nd June) [If you need an extention, PM me]

Rounds:

Application – Sportie Shortie
Round 1 – Dark Enough for you?
Round 2 – Shining Star
Round 3 – Did I get this one right?
Round 4 – Party Time!

Judges
1. Fobok

E.J.’s
1. nadsy01_SC

Contestants
1. clw8 Application
2. minus Appilcation
3. Deatherella Application
4. happyasabunny Application
5. alfie_boots Application
6. easypeaze Application

Disqualified/Dropped Out

Thank you, and have fun! :D
(All banners made by the wonderful and helpful Wgroome!)
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:07 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 6.8.09
Ends 7.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:03 PM
Okay, this'll be fun! :D
I hope I get enough contestants/judges!
*Checks In*
Test Subject
#4 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 1:19 AM
I'd love to actually compete but I got rid of Sims 2 to install Sims 3. But, I'll judge/E.J. if you don't mind a contest-newbie doing so?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 7:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fobok
I'd love to actually compete but I got rid of Sims 2 to install Sims 3. But, I'll judge/E.J. if you don't mind a contest-newbie doing so?

Sure you can judge!
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:17 PM Last edited by clw8 : 10th Jun 2009 at 4:55 PM.
Default clw8 - Application
Well, I have built the perfect bedroom for a girl who, in essence, hates girly things. I incorporated camo, but tried to keep it to a minimum, as to not overly "boy-fy" the room. I also added plenty of room for arts and crafts, and a separate part of the room houses a large desk, stocked with textbooks and a brand new Mac! There is also plenty of center floor space, thus making for plenty of room to put random . . . stuff . . . I'm sure that any girl who loves camo, art, clutter, and needs to study, would simpily adore this bedroom!

-Room dimensions: 5x5

[Overview]

[Views From Within]

Hope you enjoyed!
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 4:29 PM

She loves her bedroom. It has everything she needs and represents everything she loves. She decorated it herself, and she's especially proud of the wallpaper she chose. Although she's quite a tomboy, it feels good to have some pretty colours around besides of the many shades of green.

This is where she sleeps. She's had this camo bedding for years now, and it is her favourite. She also likes the huge drawers in her bed and the shelves above it. As she's quite an artist, she likes to keep paper and pencils at hand in case she gets inspired. She even put her best drawing on the wall. She also likes to have some of her favourite books nearby. Despite having a large built-in closet, she prefers to keep her clothes on a chair.

Her study area is quite messy, but she's unable to keep it clean. She should be studying hard for her upcoming exams, but the view of the lake in the backyard often distracts her and she finds herself doodling instead.

Unlike most girls of her age, she likes knitting. Her grandma had taught her to do so, and since then it has become one of her favourite things to do.

[sorry for small pics. awesome contest, I hope there'll be more apps ]

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM Last edited by Deatherella : 13th Jun 2009 at 7:48 AM. Reason: changing question into application
Default Applicaton

Hi! I'm Mimzy and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE camo. And I hate, hate, hate homework. When I grow up I want to be a great safari guy like my Uncle Barth McElroy. He's soooooo great, he dances with dinosaurs. He promised when I was bigger he'd teach me to ride a rhinocerous. Maybe, he'll put me on his tv show. I bet you watch him on cable, just like me.

This is my room. It's really cool. It's full of camo and jungle stuff and, um, my stuff. C'mon, I'll show ya.

Here's my "girl cave". And look! I found my tribbles.

If you look down from the end of my bed, you find a bathroom my mom got built just for me in some -- some -- what'd Mommy call it? Oh, yeah, useless space.

Right by my girl cave is my study area. Looks like I'm studying snowboarding there. It's so hard to study and it's almost time for final tests at school but everytime I sit at my desk to study, all those people at the community center next door are way more fun to look at than my dumb ol' school books.

By the door you come into my bedroom by is my bookcase and tv. Looks like I"m doing a little more studying up on snowboarding. Heeheeeheeee. You like my joke? All the pictures on the wall are of stuff I'm gonna paint.

Here's me painting away on my latest masterpiece in my art center. It's only half my room. Well, I'm really busy making a great work of art so I'm gonna let you take a look at all these other pictures of my room without me in them.

See ya!

Overhead

"Girl Cave" Bed Area

Bathroom Area

Study Area

By the Door

Art Center Area

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Field Researcher
#9 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 7:01 PM
Default Application--happyasabunny

Any non girly-girl would love this room. This room has a place to study, a place to do arts & crafts, a place to sew, and a place to play and sleep.

7x6

Overview

This is a large room with a lot to do. The bed area is raised.

Bed Area

I made sure since she loves camouflage to add it to the bed.

Sewing Area

This area may not interest all girls of her age, but I know it interests her. She is an arts & crafts type of girl and painting isn't the only thing that she is good at.

Arts & Crafts Area

When she isn't sewing she is painting pictures.

Study Area

It is really hard for her to study but when she does she has the perfect place to study.
Theorist
#10 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:49 PM
Room size: 6 X 5
Overview

(Near) Sim level

Shot of the bed

There is plenty of space for mess! :P
Field Researcher
#11 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:44 AM Last edited by easypeaze : 15th Jun 2009 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Trying to adjust graphics in game =s
Default Application
This camo room was inspired for the tomboy in you! This room has a spot for everything, even messes! Study time is made easy with a great desk and computer, even for the girl that can't be bothered. How can you not be inspired to create works of art or just a great little doodle in a room like this.

Overview (8x10)

Bed

Study

Arts & Crafts

Reading and Play
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 7:41 AM
I can help Judge And would help with some if there will be more time if yo want me to help judge message me

Mods and hacks are what I do best too bad I'm so lazy
Field Researcher
#13 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 4:21 AM
I could make another bedroom if you wanted so I could help fill up one of those contestant spots.
Test Subject
#14 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 7:45 AM Last edited by 4eversims100 : 19th Jun 2009 at 8:13 AM.
Default Application
Hi,
My name is Jenna Walker & I'm 10 years old. I love to draw & paint. I am not great in school so I have to study hard. I have to study for my end of the year exams, I hope I pass that will make my Mom real proud. I love to study in my room it is decorated how I like it with camouflage stuff and all my favorite things, oh by the way I am a little bit messy!

Overview (5x10)

Arts & Crafts area in my room

This is my study area

Here is my bed see my camouflage bedspread

How do you like my room?
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 8:31 AM
I love the blue camo, everyone is so creative!
Field Researcher
#16 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 5:44 PM Last edited by easypeaze : 19th Jun 2009 at 5:06 PM.
Thank you 4ever! Everyone has done a great job. I hope this contest will be able to go on.

*edit* Does anyone know if this contest is going to continue?
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:25 PM
so what's up with this contest?

tumblr|lastfm
Field Researcher
#18 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 7:31 PM
I don't know...but it's not looking good =(
Field Researcher
#19 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
I know that Nadsy is on a day trip to France today so she won't be back until late, and as she got up very early this morning, she will most likely go straight to bed.

I'll let her know her contest is past it's deadline for you! =D

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:03 PM
I'm thinking of entering this with my Sims 3 game, but I've never entered a contest before, and my graphics aren't exactly great. I will edit this post if I decide to join!
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wgroome
I know that Nadsy is on a day trip to France today so she won't be back until late, and as she got up very early this morning, she will most likely go straight to bed.

I'll let her know her contest is past it's deadline for you! =D

tumblr|lastfm
Field Researcher
#22 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 11:28 PM
Thank you, wgroome =)
Exxy that would be great if you could join! My graphics aren't that great either.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:43 AM
Sorry, guys!
W- thanks for settling that...
I'll extend the contest for another 3 days, but if I don't have 8 contestants by then, well, the contest will have to close. SOrry.
:P
Field Researcher
#24 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 2:29 AM
why don't you let people do two rooms if they want. I will definitely do one and you will get another entry as well.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Jun 2009 at 8:14 PM
I hope we get another entry or even a couple more! Thank you nadsy for extending the contest =)

Page 1 of 2