Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#7901 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:56 PM
Bluegenjutsu over at the Naughty Sims Asylum has a mod that allows you to buy all books from different worlds in the home world book store.
You'll need to register for free. There are various versions under:
Buy All Books/Read Books Faster/Children Can Read Skillbooks
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...update-7-30-14/

Sorry, can't help with the leaves. I don't recall having that problem so I must have a mod for it but I hope someone can recommend one so I can figure out what it is
Advertisement
Instructor
#7902 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 12:57 AM
Bluegenjutsu has a Fall Leaves don't accumulate over at the Asylum you could get after you register there. There are actually a ton of awesome tuning mods over there.
Forum Resident
#7903 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 6:10 AM
Does anyone know what gifts sims can receive from the gift pile in Seasons? Wondering if gifts are randomly picked from all objects in game (even store items and cc) or if there's a specific list of items. And, if the latter is true, how/where can I modify the list to include more gifts and/or randomly generated ones?

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Instructor
#7904 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
Does anyone know what gifts sims can receive from the gift pile in Seasons? Wondering if gifts are randomly picked from all objects in game (even store items and cc) or if there's a specific list of items. And, if the latter is true, how/where can I modify the list to include more gifts and/or randomly generated ones?

Pretty sure it randomly gifts from any and all objects in game, though it leans towards those which are entertainment or deco items. I have gotten CC items from the gift pile before.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7905 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 10:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
(...)
Is there a way to remove stinky leaf piles from a entire neighborhood at once?

(...)
You can remove them with MasterController's Object Stats command.
For the whole town it should (perhaps) be: CityHall/NRaas/MasterController/Town/Object Stats/Local and then select the leave piles from the (very long) list that pops up.
Mad Poster
#7906 Old 9th Oct 2018 at 4:35 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 9th Oct 2018 at 8:01 PM.
Are diagonal pools possible to build? If so, how?
Any way to disable grid on stairways ?
If I change a resort to other lot, will The Great Buffet table remain on it?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#7907 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orose
Pretty sure it randomly gifts from any and all objects in game, though it leans towards those which are entertainment or deco items. I have gotten CC items from the gift pile before.

Sweet! Thank you, orose!

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#7908 Old 10th Oct 2018 at 1:14 PM
Can anyone explain me how RH rugs/doors work or If I have the right download installed? Last time I used, it only included Purchasing estate interaction. Do I need to do additional setup to define what kind of RH it behaves as?

Site Helper
#7909 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 12:25 AM
You should have a huge set of rugs/doors in your catalog, and select the one for the rabbithole that you are placing. It needs a large amount of space around it so that sims can enter/exit. Pets (and the related patch) changed how everything works, so if you have other functional CC you are probably patched to the point where you need the Pets version of the rugs/doors. (I think it's 1.26 or higher...) If you don't have the EP that provided the rabbithole you are trying to replace with the rug/door, that would be an issue as well.

I don't remember what the minimum recommended area around them is, but I tend to make sure that there are at least 4 squares in front and behind, and 2 squares on each side of a rug. Doors just get the 4 squares on both sides. But you shouldn't have to specify what kind of rabbithole it is, because that was defined when you placed it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7910 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 2:55 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 11th Oct 2018 at 3:35 PM.
Thanks (although I have to manage to find a download and install it before returning to this thread after my reply, though a 'Bistro' rug and door appears to be missing).

So I'm trying to create a video that I could use for my school presentation for a vision of own-dreamt dining facility. I have built on a empty a town for testing and filming it with just the owner home and dining facility. The Commercial lot is just a building with a diner RH lot which also includes an actual restaurant (ani's modification of BSU store set) and the teppyanachi grill. Anyway, I wanna cut to the chase:

Are there any other tricks I could utilize to make an accurate (as possible) portrayal of a restaurant? Mods, hacks, or just in-game vanilla tricks? Should the lack of residential houses be a concern for attracting customers? How do I increase the count of customers up to 15-20? How do I change the attire of chefs & waiters? Is there a way to lock rooms (like the kitchen) to restrict access from non-employees & owner?

Lab Assistant
#7911 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 3:51 PM Last edited by PizzaPartyForever : 11th Oct 2018 at 4:06 PM.
@SneakyWingPhoenix Nrass PortraitPanel lets you have like 24 sims in a single family, I would just have the staff and the customers be completely under your control. (that way you don't have a bunch of dumb townies who won't listen to a single thing you say that just stand around waving their arms like dummies.)

does anyone know if Reshade 3.0 works with TS3? every tutorial I've seen recommends Reshade 2.0. But does 3.0 conflict with anything? Do i need to set anything up differently?

also does anyone know if there is away to limit frames in windowed mode? Nvidia Control Panel enables Vsync on fullscreen mode, but anytime i try to play windowed my game runs at 850 FPS and my GPU whines as if it's begging me to end it's life.
Scholar
#7912 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PizzaPartyForever
@SneakyWingPhoenix Nrass PortraitPanel lets you have like 24 sims in a single family, I would just have the staff and the customers be completely under your control. (that way you don't have a bunch of dumb townies who won't listen to a single thing you say that just stand around waving their arms like dummies.)

does anyone know if Reshade 3.0 works with TS3? every tutorial I've seen recommends Reshade 2.0. But does 3.0 conflict with anything? Do i need to set anything up differently?

also does anyone know if there is away to limit frames in windowed mode? Nvidia Control Panel enables Vsync on fullscreen mode, but anytime i try to play windowed my game runs at 850 FPS and my GPU whines as if it's begging me to end it's life.

Try Nvidia Inspector. Riva Tuner might work too.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7913 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 6:19 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 11th Oct 2018 at 6:51 PM.
Is there a mod that you guys know that allows to give access to only certain sims (npcs included) only? Preferably If it's the one you're using.
How do I make chefs (at ani's oven) wear their attire?

And how I can spawn/generate sims onto community lot to visit when there are no other inhabited residents (nor such lots) present?

Site Helper
#7914 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:14 PM
Go Here from NRAAS allows you to specify sims for a lockable door or gate, and has it locked for anyone else.
But I can't help with forcing uniforms or generating people to visit a community lot if there are no valid sims to be dragged in. I suppose you could make sure that tourists are not being blocked...

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#7915 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 2:30 PM
Just wondering, why NRASS doesn't come with pie menus rather popping new windows for every interaction? Imo it would be much more intuitive, won't disturb the flow of time and would be quicker to exit.

Forum Resident
#7916 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 4:07 PM
Is there a way to get a specific Sim infected with nraas Vector?
Mad Poster
#7917 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Is there a way to get a specific Sim infected with nraas Vector?

Not positive about this, would have to check the next time I am in-game, but I think there might be such a command available if you temporarily enable debugging on Vector. I do know that a command to completely cure one or more sims who already have a disease is there. The Vector debugging commands were never documented.
Mad Poster
#7918 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Just wondering, why NRASS doesn't come with pie menus rather popping new windows for every interaction? Imo it would be much more intuitive, won't disturb the flow of time and would be quicker to exit.

Probably because of the relatively small number of pie menu items that can show on-screen at a time as compared to the much larger number that can show and be scrolled through on menus.
Forum Resident
#7919 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 7:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Not positive about this, would have to check the next time I am in-game, but I think there might be such a command available if you temporarily enable debugging on Vector. I do know that a command to completely cure one or more sims who already have a disease is there. The Vector debugging commands were never documented.

Thanks! How do you enable debugging on it?
Mad Poster
#7920 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 9:48 PM Last edited by igazor : 14th Oct 2018 at 5:40 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lakme
Thanks! How do you enable debugging on it?

On City Hall, NRaas > Vector > Show Debugging > True

You would want to switch that back to False once finished though as the debugger will start generating all sorts of Vector related disease reports that are not necessary and can potentially drag down regular gameplay if it is left on.

Edit:
Finally remembered to check this. Yes, the debugging function puts an NRaas > Vector menu on sims that isn't otherwise there with the choices of Infect, Cure, and Inoculate and then a choice of which disease(s) you had in mind. Not sure that I'm happy to have helped or sad that your sims can now be miserable on demand, but take your choice.
Inventor
#7921 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 11:41 PM
If I save sims to the bin, do they keep all of the purchased property they own or do they need to repurchase them? All of the lots in question are part of the hood the said sims live in.

Pretty sure that if you put them into the bin and place them down later they have to purchase lots again.
Mad Poster
#7922 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 12:25 AM
...before I commit to a all-nighter filled with pizza and caffiene...

General rule of thumb, any late or all night session the plans for which begin this way is destined to end well, due to proper advance planning. No good can come of anything that is done at 3am or later without those two necessary ingredients.
Top Secret Researcher
#7923 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:25 AM
Do you have Error Trap or Overwatch?
Scholar
#7924 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 10:58 AM
It happened once in my game too. http://modthesims.info/t/608986

Nraas Go here might be able to help you here. But I don't think it's completely avoidable

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Mad Poster
#7925 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:28 PM
I didn't have this problem before; sims running across water at 9:00 PM to gather laundry that somehow made its way to that point. My game is also removing sims that I don't want removed. They're supposed to be role sims, but SP (?) has decided that they need to go. Other sims like Milo Prince was also has removed. Granted, he is a pain the ass, but not a sim I wanted eliminated from my game.

Hmm. Maybe I should have been more specific but if the "pizza" had been a store brand version that once cooked tastes more like cardboard than the real thing and the caffeine had been of the instant variety rather than something actually brewed, the results are not likely to be as good.

If it's not too late, I would suggest an MC Reset Everything on that world and then a reload in the hopes that it resets the routing. I've heard of games where this happens, sims doing laundry for example end up all over the map trying to reach places that are undefined or should have undefined coordinates. A similar issue can sometimes be seen in these games where sim protests are staged under water or in a forest on the world lot at the very edge of the map. I would not want to play a world forward once it starts doing that, if the MC Reset doesn't fix things.

I don't know who Milo is, would that be a resident Role Sim or a homeless NPC? You may want to switch off SP's homeless management option (I never intentionally have it on myself anyway) if it's going to start doing unwanted things with your world's homeless population. By default though, there shouldn't be any emigration of actual residents out of the world with SP in charge.
NRaas > SP > General Options > Options:Households > Manage Homeless > False
Page 317 of 385