Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 5:53 AM
Either way, not everyone has the same religion/beliefs that the bible holds. =) I don't eat any animal products or processed food. I've been eating organic clean unprocessed goodies for 10+ years. Nom nom. =D

I do, however, eat meat in the Sims. =0
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
WOAH WOAH WOAH.

The exact verse here is:

And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 “The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. 3 “Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. 4 “Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 “Surely I will require your lifeblood; from every beast I will require it. And from every man, from every man’s brother I will require the life of man.

He forbids here the DRINKING OF BLOOD. He does not say your life will be shortened.

I'm not denying here that eating too much meat can cause some serious health risks. =)

I dont think I've heard so much hypocrisy in one answer in my entire life.

Now you're gonna try to tell me God said "Just dont be vampires and you'll be ok."
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAya
Either way, not everyone has the same religion/beliefs that the bible holds. =)

I understand that, which I why I try to avoid using the Genesis verse unless talking to someone else who has the same religion I do. =)

I don't eat any animal products or processed food. I've been eating organic clean unprocessed goodies for 10+ years. Nom nom. =D

=D
I eat organic food, too! I don't really have control over all the things my mother buys, but we try to buy as much organic food as we can. Hopefully when I start my own family I can raise my children on organic foods. Mhm. Yum.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ljannise
I dont think I've heard so much hypocrisy in one answer in my entire life.

Now you're gonna try to tell me God said "Just dont be vampires and you'll be ok."

Hypocrisy? I simply quoted the verse. Please do not attack me personally.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:06 AM

=D
I eat organic food, too! I don't really have control over all the things my mother buys, but we try to buy as much organic food as we can. Hopefully when I start my own family I can raise my children on organic foods. Mhm. Yum.

Yay! Organic food tastes so much better. I grow some of my own (peas, tomatoes, strawberries, parsley, onions and scallions). I used to grow lettuce and spinach but I ate them too fast. =P
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:08 AM
Yay! Organic food tastes so much better. I grow some of my own (peas, tomatoes, strawberries, parsley, onions and scallions). I used to grow lettuce and spinach but I ate them too fast. =P

I wish I could grow my own food. Unfortunately the climate here is quite unpredictable. We do grow tomatoes and strawberries, but there's not much more we can grow.
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:15 AM
I wish I could grow my own food. Unfortunately the climate here is quite unpredictable. We do grow tomatoes and strawberries, but there's not much more we can grow.

You can grow scallions and parsley (even lettuce or spinach too) indoors on the window sill. :D

Wish I could grow a money tree....
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
You can grow scallions and parsley (even lettuce or spinach too) indoors on the window sill. :D

Wish I could grow a money tree....

Aha. That would be awesome!

I don't really have control over what my parents choose to plant, but I'll keep that in mind for later!
Instructor
#34 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Simmer
I don't see the point of this thread, nor how it is Sims 3 related. This topic seems to becoming a debate on eating meat and vegetarians.

I read this as "This topic seems to becoming a debate on eating meat and vegetarians.

Or in other words "eating meat and eating vegetarians."

Mmmmmm...vegetarians are dee-lish-ee-ous!

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
I read this as "This topic seems to becoming a debate on eating meat and vegetarians.

Or in other words "eating meat and eating vegetarians."

Although I did make a comment about cannibalism earlier. Hm . . . Nah.
Instructor
#36 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:31 AM

Although I did make a comment about cannibalism earlier. Hm . . . Nah.

You know, if EA made a trait for our Sims called "cannibal," I think I could have a ton of fun with it.

Lab Assistant
#37 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CleoTheMuse
You know, if EA made a trait for our Sims called "cannibal," I think I could have a ton of fun with it.

I would love to combine Cannibal, Evil, and Insane
Instructor
#38 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:34 AM
I would love to combine Cannibal, Evil, and Insane

Ahhhhh....Yes! Think of the wonderful stories you could create with such a Sim!

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 6:39 AM
It would make my developing story so much more interesting if Vita was an actual cannibal
Test Subject
#40 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:00 AM
<---another vegetarian lost-lover

The story of life you live and die. Isn't that exciting!
Test Subject
#41 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 8:59 AM
All of my vegetarian sims get sick when they eat fish.
Forum Resident
#42 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DevilsAdvocate
It's easier to kill an animal that doesn't show emotion. =P

Oh fish do have feeling and can feel pain. :P

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:18 AM
Vegan here and i dont watch lost, whats the deal with Lost?

i think my vegetarian Sim is living longer than her husband who is not vegetarian.

I have not come across the grow meat and cheese as plants
Test Subject
#44 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:30 AM
ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas:

If you read Norm Phelps book: Animal rights and Bible... it is very interesting. He has researched into the orginal texts before the church translated them and it is quite horrible how animal friendly sections have been changed (for political reasons no doubt).
For example the orginal genesis actually describes animals not as beasts or creatures but uses the word soul, and uses this same soul word to describes mans spirit also. So really there was text describing animals as having souls the same as humans.
Then the wording got changed to remove this. If you dont beleive me please read that book and go do your own research.

I do not beleive in the Bible as a version of Gods word for these types of reasons, too many humans have meddles with it and i think it is disgusting and horrific that wording like this got changed, and now the Church seems to not care for animals. I think it is down right evil to do that to animals.

As for why I am vegan and feel strongly about this, google 'factory farming', ppl dont need God or a religon to tell them that is wrong to take a life?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 10:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clawsy

If you read Norm Phelps book: Animal rights and Bible... it is very interesting. He has researched into the orginal texts before the church translated them and it is quite horrible how animal friendly sections have been changed (for political reasons no doubt).
For example the orginal genesis actually describes animals not as beasts or creatures but uses the word soul, and uses this same soul word to describes mans spirit also. So really there was text describing animals as having souls the same as humans.
Then the wording got changed to remove this. If you dont beleive me please read that book and go do your own research.

I do not beleive in the Bible as a version of Gods word for these types of reasons, too many humans have meddles with it and i think it is disgusting and horrific that wording like this got changed, and now the Church seems to not care for animals. I think it is down right evil to do that to animals.

As for why I am vegan and feel strongly about this, google 'factory farming', ppl dont need God or a religon to tell them that is wrong to take a life?

And this has to do with the Sims 3... How? (Someone, please... split this thread or something -- at the least, keep it on topic.)

Anyway, the fish fertilizer doesn't affect sims because they're not actually eating the fish -- in reality, if you don't know it's there, it makes no difference, so in the game it also makes no difference, since it's not like they're eating sushi directly. And if you think it should bother them, then just keep to their (your?) character and have them use only other plants or nothing to fertilize their gardens.
Top Secret Researcher
#46 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 12:16 PM
Technically, plants are living beings too. They eat, breath, reproduce, excrete carbon dioxide back into the air and die. So Vegetarians are still eating living beings. Just because they can't move or have no emotions doesn't mean they are inanimate or whatever.

About using fish as a fertilizer, I guess the same could be said for the person who posted about using cow manure. It's a good fertilizer, but we don't get sick from it or obviously taste it.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:18 PM
I think this thread was split in half from the first few posts. I actually started reading this thread because my first in-game born sim just had the vegetarian trait randomly chosen. I'm really glad it was brought up because I didn't know the sim would get sick if fed meat. Good to know.

As for actual vegetarians, vegans, etc. I have no problem with those that say they do it for a healthier lifestyle. Just, for goodness sakes look into lacto-fermentation.

Those that argue "meat is murder" I have to agree with Happycowlover. Plants have a mother (plant) and if from seed then a father (plant) too. Whenever you eat anything, something else was killed in the process. That is how life works until they work the kinks out of synthetic food. As far as factory farms... there are alternatives for conscientious meat eaters. Look up grass-fed or pasture-fed beef and pork. (just evening out the info to both sides of the story)
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clawsy

I have actually read some parts of that book, and though I disagree, I appreciate that you actually replied to me nicely and I respect your beliefs. You have every right to be a vegan.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 3:57 PM Last edited by Sid Nitzerglobin : 9th Jun 2009 at 9:48 PM.
Ovo-lacto vegetarian here for the past ~18 years.

Main issue I have with meat is the inefficiency of it. That and I felt pretty bad physically when eating red meat/pork. I'm not really militant about it it or anything however.

I could actually do vegan when i was living in Chicago and the Bay Area but moving back to Ohio limits availability of decent non-egg or dairy protein for me.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 4:34 PM
I didn't know the sims would get sick from eating fish lol. I think it's a fab trait for EA to have put in, i accidently let my veggi sim make cheesesteak thinkking it was cheeseCAKE, she was spewin everywhere teeheehee! I'm a veggi, no meat or fish (or eggs, but thats completely unrelated lol.)
Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: Took a left at Albuquerque
Page 2 of 3